Respected Kuwaiti Scholar on NECESSITY of Beating Your Wife

Osomir, Esmerelda, Jones, I'd like you all to stop pretending this post doesn't exist.

I have work and a family, instantly responding to your troll posts isn't on the top of my to do list there champ, particularly when you respond to long posts with one line of text. I haven't been ignoring them, I've just been busy.
Riiiight. Funny how you respond to my one-liners and ignore the long posts with lots of text and links, innit? :lol:
As for 1854: I was using a case to demonstrate that even during a time in which Islam was much more intertwined with state legal codes even a slave woman didn't need four male witnesses to take a wealthy elite to court for rape. It blows your stereotypes right out of the water, and most Islamic majority countries today do not require four male witnesses within their legal system for rape cases against women. In fact the two largest rape capitals in the world where rape is also among the hardest crimes to prosecute are both Christian majority countries: South Africa and the DR Congo. Same with female related abuse cases.

As for theological opinions, any Muslim can give them. I've certainly met crazy people from all sorts of religions before. If you'd like to discuss the actual theology with me i'd be happy to do it with you outside of random internet youtube videos.
Ahhh. So you just ignore anything that makes you uncomfortable, including the links I posted proving a growing trend of women reporting abuse by their Muslim husbands. Got it.

Would it make you happier if I just instantly and unthinkingly agreed with everything you say?

Too bad that's not going to happen, huh?

Riiiight. Funny how you respond to my one-liners and ignore the long posts with lots of text and links, innit? :lol:

We can't all be unemployed there sport. ;)
Would it make you happier if I just instantly and unthinkingly agreed with everything you say?

You think too much of yourself if you think you can impact my mood in either a positive or negative way. But it would probably move things alone if you were capable of actually replying to the content of any of my posts ;)

Why would he be scared to say that to me? I'm an atheist.

You're also a Muslim apologist.

And you are someone who knows very little about Islam, global conflict, global culture, and theology and allows that ignorance to influence him in a way that promotes bigotry. :dunno:
I'm sure it comforts you to pretend that, but sadly for you, no.

What you hate is that I DO know about those things. And I'm not falling for your bullshit apologia. There are enough progs around here to do that for you.

You think too much of yourself if you think you can impact my mood in either a positive or negative way. But it would probably move things alone if you were capable of actually replying to the content of any of my posts ;)
...says the guy utterly unwilling to reply to the content of my posts.

You know how you like to pretend you have any credibility?

You don't. :lol:

So you just ignore anything that makes you uncomfortable, including the links I posted proving a growing trend of women reporting abuse by their Muslim husbands.

That's actually a good thing. It indicates that institutions are strengthening to a point where such reports and data are being taken down more seriously by said governments and communities; whereas before they wouldn't even be noted. I do a lot of work in women's rights in Sub-Saharan Africa and it is often hard to get police to respond to domestic violence with any gusto, let along even file a report about it. thus it is hard to get any sort of data in the countries where such abuse is most rampant (like the DR Congo) Domestic abuse is a global problem, it isn't limited to Islamic regions. But i don't think your interested in making honest arguments.

Exactly what content of yours haven't I replied to? :confused:

As a side note Daveman, I'm curious as to your experience in the subject that has made you such an expert on all things Islam. Let me guess: the school of "hard knocks" and "keeping your eyes open". That about sum it up? Do you honestly have ANY real experience in any of these fields either academic or professional (Islamic theology, Islamic history, development, women's rights, international conflict, etc)?

Last edited:
So you just ignore anything that makes you uncomfortable, including the links I posted proving a growing trend of women reporting abuse by their Muslim husbands.

That's actually a good thing. It indicates that institutions are strengthening to a point where such reports and data are being taken down more seriously by said governments and communities; whereas before they wouldn't even be noted. I do a lot of work in women's rights in Sub-Saharan Africa and it is often hard to get police to respond to domestic violence with any gusto, let along even file a report about it. thus it is hard to get any sort of data in the countries where such abuse is most rampant (like the DR Congo) Domestic abuse is a global problem, it isn't limited to Islamic regions. But i don't think your interested in making honest arguments.
...says the guy who ignores conflicting information.

Hypocrite.

Exactly what content of yours haven't I replied to? :confused:
The video and the links.

As a side note Daveman, I'm curious as to your experience in the subject that has made you such an expert on all things Islam. Let me guess: the school of "hard knocks" and "keeping your eyes open". That about sum it up? Do you honestly have ANY real experience in any of these fields either academic or professional (Islamic theology, Islamic history, development, women's rights, international conflict, etc)?

daveman said:

That's what I thought ;)

The video and the links.

Well I did reply to them, but I would gladly give you a point by point reply to the entire video and links (a courtesy you haven't shown to a single one of my posts) if you answer my above question concerning your experience in these subjects.

daveman said:

That's what I thought ;)

"I have work and a family, instantly responding to your troll posts isn't on the top of my to do list there champ, particularly when you respond to long posts with one line of text. I haven't been ignoring them, I've just been busy."

Or does that only apply to you?

I've spent time in Islamic nations. I've spoken with Muslims. I read news and analyses.

I DO keep my eyes open. And one thing I see a lot of is people with a vested interest in whitewashing Islam. And one thing I've noticed is they tend to be less than honest.

I've spent time in Islamic nations. I've spoken with Muslims. I read news and analyses.

I DO keep my eyes open. And one thing I see a lot of is people with a vested interest in whitewashing Islam. And one thing I've noticed is they tend to be less than honest.

Do you have any academic or professional experience related to any of the above subjects? Have you ever lived in an Islamic country?

What vested interested do you think i have in whitewashing Islam? Why can't I just be disagreeing with you based on my own academic and professional experience and studies?

The video and the links.

Well I did reply to them, but I would gladly give you a point by point reply to the entire video and links (a courtesy you haven't shown to a single one of my posts) if you answer my above question concerning your experience in these subjects.
Done did, Skippy. Of course, you will discount it all, because I have the temerity to disagree with you.

The Islamic scholar in the video advocated wife beating. You summarily dismissed him as a kook. His name is Abdur Raheem Green, and he is mainstream Muslim. If he was a kook he wouldn't have this career:
Abdur Raheem Green (born in 1962 as Anthony Vatswaf Galvin Green) is a British Imam and is a founder of the iERA. He is known in some Muslim communities for his work in Dawah, both in televised formal settings and informal contexts such as Hyde Park's Speakers Corner. He is a regular presenter on Peace TV.[1][2] He is currently engaged in education and media work on Peace TV and Islam Channel and is the chairman of the Islamic Education & Research Academy. Green has given talks on international platforms, such as the Peace Conference held in Mumbai.[3]​

Game, set, match. And he didn't mention a word about your silly damn handkerchief.

The video and the links.

Done did, Skippy. Of course, you will discount it all, because I have the temerity to disagree with you.

The Islamic scholar in the video advocated wife beating. You summarily dismissed him as a kook. His name is Abdur Raheem Green, and he is mainstream Muslim. If he was a kook he wouldn't have this career:
Abdur Raheem Green (born in 1962 as Anthony Vatswaf Galvin Green) is a British Imam and is a founder of the iERA. He is known in some Muslim communities for his work in Dawah, both in televised formal settings and informal contexts such as Hyde Park's Speakers Corner. He is a regular presenter on Peace TV.[1][2] He is currently engaged in education and media work on Peace TV and Islam Channel and is the chairman of the Islamic Education & Research Academy. Green has given talks on international platforms, such as the Peace Conference held in Mumbai.[3]​

Game, set, match. And he didn't mention a word about your silly damn handkerchief.

Lol slow your roll their chief; no need to explode prematurely. I'll get to you "game winning" post. You dodged giving a direct answer though:

Do you have any academic or professional experience related to any of the above subjects? Have you ever lived in an Islamic country (for one year or more)?

Do you have any academic or professional experience related to any of the above subjects? Have you ever lived in an Islamic country?

What vested interested do you think i have in whitewashing Islam? Why can't I just be disagreeing with you based on my own academic and professional experience and studies?
What part of "I've spent time in Islamic nations" is unclear to you?

Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt.

I disagree with you because you seem to be lacking in your studies.

What part of "I've spent time in Islamic nations" is unclear to you?

Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt.

I disagree with you because you seem to be lacking in your studies.

Telling me that you've gone on vacation to a couple of countries isn't the same thing as answering my question. Given your relative shyness on the matter though, I can start to guess what your actual answer to those questions are.

Forum List

Back