Responsible Gun owners? – dead 34yo

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

Fadi Qandil, 34, was shot dead around 7:41 p.m. His wife left him because he was a wife beater. He showed up at a movie theater where she was entering with two friends, raised his shirt and pulled his weapon to kill her.

Her two friends both had concealed and carry license, Fadi Qandil was dead at the scene.

1 killed, 1 wounded in Fort Smith shootout at Central Mall | Local News - KHBS Home

Man Killed In Shootout Outside Central Mall | Times Record

Deadly Shooting At Central Mall In Fort Smith | 5NEWSOnline.com

Right or wrong? If her friends did not have guns, would it have been yet another tragic murder of a woman killed by her abusive husband? Perhaps another mall shooting where three or more ended up dead?

What are a woman's options when faced with the probability that her husband will try to kill her? She can't have him arrested strictly on her say-so and the Police would refer her to the gigantic bureaucracy which might issue a restraining order or some other useless piece of paper. The Police can't supply 24/7 personal protection so what does she do? She finds law abiding friends who are legally entitled to carry a firearm and she and they hope her husband stays away.

CaféAuLait;9117579 said:

Fadi Qandil, 34, was shot dead around 7:41 p.m. His wife left him because he was a wife beater. He showed up at a movie theater where she was entering with two friends, raised his shirt and pulled his weapon to kill her.

Her two friends both had concealed and carry license, Fadi Qandil was dead at the scene.

1 killed, 1 wounded in Fort Smith shootout at Central Mall | Local News - KHBS Home

Right or wrong? If her friends did not have guns, would it have been yet another tragic murder of a woman killed by her abusive husband? Perhaps another mall shooting where three or more ended up dead?

the swift actions of her friends probably not only saved her life but several other

lives as well

CaféAuLait;9117579 said:

Do you really imagine anyone (even those who hate guns) would think it WRONG that she was not killed?

Had he not been allowed to own a gun then he wouldn't have tried to kill her in public and so would still be alive today. Another unnecessary gun death that could have easily been avoided if the ownership of firearms had been outlawed.

Had he not been allowed to own a gun then he wouldn't have tried to kill her in public and so would still be alive today. Another unnecessary gun death that could have easily been avoided if the ownership of firearms had been outlawed.

Or he just could have tried to kill her in private, with his bare hands, a knife, a bat, etc.

But that death wouldn't have bothered you, because it didn't involve the evil tube of projectile acceleration via explosive combustion.

Gun grabbers don't care when a bigger man beats their woman to death, as long as a gun isn't involved.

Or he just could have tried to kill her in private, with his bare hands, a knife, a bat, etc.

But that death wouldn't have bothered you, because it didn't involve the evil tube of projectile acceleration via explosive combustion.

Gun grabbers don't care when a bigger man beats their woman to death, as long as a gun isn't involved.

How do you know it wouldn't have bothered me? You don't do you, you are SO bent on deciding that guns are good that you have to deomize in your own mind anyone who says different. You have to actually choose to invent your own worldview and you make the decision to judge people, something I was taught in Sunday school not to do.

How do you know it wouldn't have bothered me? You don't do you, you are SO bent on deciding that guns are good that you have to deomize in your own mind anyone who says different. You have to actually choose to invent your own worldview and you make the decision to judge people, something I was taught in Sunday school not to do.

Guns are good in the hands of the right people. Guns are why the strongest among us don't rule us like medieval knights of the past. You think banning good people from owning guns will eliminate all gun crime, which is not only naive, but stupid as well.

Of course you would allow the government to keep its guns, and by proxy criminals as well.

Your worldview is for the simplistic and stupid, nothing more, nothing less.

Guns are good in the hands of the right people. Guns are why the strongest among us don't rule us like medieval knights of the past. You think banning good people from owning guns will eliminate all gun crime, which is not only naive, but stupid as well.

Of course you would allow the government to keep its guns, and by proxy criminals as well.

Your worldview is for the simplistic and stupid, nothing more, nothing less.

My worldview works throughout mainland Europe where both gun crime and murder rates are significantly lower than the US. Guns are not a necessity, they are designed for killing and have no place in a civilized society. The second amendment is an anachronism.

You missed the point. Guns aren't good or bad. They are things, people are good or bad. If you could magically make all guns and bad people disappear you might have a point. But you can't. This is the real world and I want to be able to improve my odds and have no interest in making you feel better.

But then...if no one had a gun all would probably be alive.
It always perplexes me that the "pro life" bunch is invariably "pro gun"...with few or no restrictions in dealing death...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

PLEASE..., you really can not be this stupid...., are you ?

gun bans are in effect in Shitcago, you see how well that works.., do you ?

why do you libernuts want guns banned ? don't you realize that guns are what gained our freedom from the "King", and guns are the reason we do NOT speak German on the East coast and Japanese on the West coast.

PLEASE..., be reasonable as you (libs collectively) ask for "reasonable" gun laws.

OK ?

But then...if no one had a gun all would probably be alive.
It always perplexes me that the "pro life" bunch is invariably "pro gun"...with few or no restrictions in dealing death...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, because shooting someone is the only way to kill them.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back