Restaurant Owner Wants The Right To Refuse Service

Any white women that gets with a negro. ya

Anti segregation, regulations against red-lining, and public accommodations laws (and later laws regulating that there be a mix of races and economic classes of students in universities) came about because it was found that segregation and stratification of people based on race, gender, and a little later sexual orientation, effectively segregated and stratified economic opportunity.

They'll defend floods of illegal immigrants as they break our laws to enter the country.

They'll create sanctuary cities and states to harbor illegal immigrants.

But when it comes to some old ignorant, bigoted coot in Podunk, "the law is the law".

Amazing.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

They'll defend floods of illegal immigrants as they break our laws to enter the country.

But when it comes to some old ignorant, bigoted coot in Podunk, "the law is the law".

Amazing.

So "you people" has turned into the monolithic "they" now?

"They" are actually trying to change our immigration laws, not ignore them. Oddly, I've seen ZERO push to change or repeal public accommodation laws from "you people". (except where they apply to the gays, of course)

Plus...it looks like the law IS being enforced...

deportation%20chart%20updated%20Oct%202010.jpg

Amazing.

well, yeah, we are more sympathetic to someone who wants to make a better life for his family than we are to some asshole who hates people based on race or where they are sticking their genitals.

I think that's called, "Common decency".

But here's the main reason we want to reform immigration- the laws we have don't work.

The public accommedation laws work just fine.

Amazing.

So "you people" has turned into the monolithic "they" now?

Not sure why my use of the term "they" has you so confounded. Multiple posts on this now. I'll try to help.

According to Dictionary.com, "they" is the "nominative plural of he, she and it." So the use of the term "they" typically describes some group, i.e., a group of partisan ideologues or football players or dentists or horses. Often times, it's possible to loosely identify a group of people by their behavior, i.e., pro-choicers or pro-lifers or drug addicts or politicians. And this is important: The "they" usually refers to specific behaviors, not monolithic behaviors. So a person who acts as part of a group may be part of that specific group, but not necessarily a part of that group on another issue. I know, it gets complicated!

Now, you can pretend that there is not a group of people who exhibit the following behaviors: (1) defending illegal immigrants, people who broke the law, (2) work to create sanctuary cities and states for those people who broke the law, and (3) say that "the law is the law" when it comes to bigoted, ignorant old coots. But we both know that such a group ("they", please reference Dictionary.com definition above) exists.

You can also deflect from my point with charts and other diversions, I'm used to that here, but the fact remains that the group to which I refer exists. A group of people who clearly do the three things I describe above, as a monolith, on that specific set of behaviors. Full disclosure: I would freakin' LOVE to see you directly deny that this is true, because I'm always fascinated by the behavior of partisan ideologues.

Those "they" folks.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back