Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage or better.

My advice to the crybaby companies? Take some lessons from those successful companies.

You clearly know nothing about small businesses that are barely keeping their doors open. This is enough to destroy them.

At the very least, some will lose their jobs.

Small businesses made $4 trillion in the last eight years, they did not pass that on to their workers

Boo hoo hooo. I'm sealybobo and no one loves me. I'm poor and it's not my fault. I blame everyone but me. Boo hoo hoo.

Dude, you are cracking me up. Isn't it time for you to go get high again?

I love it when you think I'm broke. I equally love it when you pretend to be rich. LOL
Isn't it funny that all the rich people on this site can't find anything better to do? When I retire in a few years, I hope I'm never so bored that I have to come here.

See, ding argues for himself and I argue for the American middle class. This isn't personal for me but it sure is for ding. In other words Ding thinks things are fine because he's doing fine. Doesn't matter to him how the other 99% of us are doing.

So let me give Ding an example that he can't say I'm complaining for personal reasons. I look up what the average person makes in a year and I found that

Male, no spouse makes $53,684
Female, no spouse $36,151

Ok, so if I were to complain that women aren't being paid enough, Ding would automatically think I was complaining that I only make $36K and that I'm a woman. He certainly wouldn't have any compassion for those women. He would blame them.

Ding would be unable to understand that I'm not arguing for myself personally. And ding would call the average woman a loser for only making $36K. Isn't that right ding?
Haven't we established that you are full of shit and only care about yourself? I argue for myself? No. I argue against your bullshit. I argue for reality. There ain't no one coming to anybodies rescue. I sure as hope no one is buying your bullshit, because if they are, they are waiting for someone to save them that isn't coming. But according to you if people vote for Democrats all of the wildest dreams will come true. Bull fucking shit. Guess what, dumbass? Republican's aren't going to save them either. So you tell me who I'm for?
You're for Republicans who lied to them to win their votes.

Did you hear trump said the fake unemployment numbers are now real? Isn't that convenient? You are for the better funded liars.
I couldn't care less who is in office. I bet you worry about this all day long. I bet you stay up at night worrying about this.

Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage or better.

My advice to the crybaby companies? Take some lessons from those successful companies.

You clearly know nothing about small businesses that are barely keeping their doors open. This is enough to destroy them.

Small businesses made $4 trillion in the last eight years, they did not pass that on to their workers
Should we confiscate their wealth and distribute it to their employees?

and you think that will have no impact

again are you high?

Low wages have an impact on tens of millions of families
Yes, without them, millions of teenagers find it difficult to break into the job market.

I earned a $2.10 minimum wage on which I was able to pay for college by just working summers

Now, American families have to go into debt to send their kids to college. That debt is a direct result of low wages paid to college aged workers. Businesses make more profit off of low wage workers and American families make up the difference
You need to research why the cost of secondary education has gotten so high. You will find that low wages did not cause the increase.

Irrelevant
If I make a $7.25 salary to pay for college, I make $4,000 over a summer
If I make $15 an hour, I make $8000 ...not enough to pay for college, but close

The difference is the amount of money that must be borrowed. Conservative whimper about the impact raising minimum wage has on business while they mock the impact it has on workers
Not everyone can go to college. Not everyone should go to college.

Why of course not....we are not Robin Hood
But we should stop making excuses that they can not pay over $7.25 an hour

:lmao:
No one starts a business just to hire people... you dumb fucker

Low wages have an impact on tens of millions of families
Yes, without them, millions of teenagers find it difficult to break into the job market.

I earned a $2.10 minimum wage on which I was able to pay for college by just working summers

Now, American families have to go into debt to send their kids to college. That debt is a direct result of low wages paid to college aged workers. Businesses make more profit off of low wage workers and American families make up the difference
You need to research why the cost of secondary education has gotten so high. You will find that low wages did not cause the increase.

Irrelevant

The difference is the amount of money that must be borrowed. Conservative whimper about the impact raising minimum wage has on business while they mock the impact it has on workers
Figure that one out by yourself?

People rely on minimum wages to live on and provide essentials....no excuse to pay them substandard wages

I see. So why don't you go into business and compete against them to force them to pay more?

Some jobs are not worth paying someone $7.25 an hour, like stocking shelves and flipping burgers…

Irrelevant

People rely on minimum wages to live on and provide essentials....no excuse to pay them substandard wages
Actually I did figure that one out by myself.

bellcurve.jpg

What the fuck are you babbling about?
Small business hires workers to make a profit off of them. They can't claim they can't pay a higher wage than they did eight years ago when they saw 4 trillion in profit over those eight years

Irrelevant

If they aren't being paid a living wage, they wouldn't be doing it, they would be doing something else. What exactly is a substandard wage?

Small business hires workers to make a profit off of them. They can't claim they can't pay a higher wage than they did eight years ago when they saw 4 trillion in profit over those eight years
You do realize that you are making the same argument Karl Marx made, right?

Human Requirements and Division of Labour, Marx, 1844

Irrelevant

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Oh look......standard deviation

Does nothing to support your point

Whatever profits a business makes it's no one else's business but the owner/owners…

Some jobs are not worth paying someone $7.25 an hour, like stocking shelves and flipping burgers…
An employer makes a profit off of every worker
Even those stocking shelves

Whatever profits a business makes it's no one else's business but the owner/owners…
It is when you are crying poverty

Irrelevant

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Oh look......standard deviation

Does nothing to support your point
Yes, a bell curve. I can't put anything past you. Do you know how it pertains to what we are discussing?

It is when you are crying poverty
No, not really. It should be 100% private matter on how much business makes in profits...

Forum List

Back