Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

You clearly know nothing about small businesses that are barely keeping their doors open. This is enough to destroy them.

At the very least, some will lose their jobs.

Small businesses made $4 trillion in the last eight years, they did not pass that on to their workers
:lmao:
No one starts a business just to hire people... you dumb fucker

What the fuck are you babbling about?
Small business hires workers to make a profit off of them. They can't claim they can't pay a higher wage than they did eight years ago when they saw 4 trillion in profit over those eight years
Whatever profits a business makes it's no one else's business but the owner/owners…
It is when you are crying poverty
Then lift yourself out of poverty. Problem solved.

The undriven have only themselves to blame for their status...

Irrelevant
If I make a $7.25 salary to pay for college, I make $4,000 over a summer
If I make $15 an hour, I make $8000 ...not enough to pay for college, but close

The difference is the amount of money that must be borrowed. Conservative whimper about the impact raising minimum wage has on business while they mock the impact it has on workers
Not everyone can go to college. Not everyone should go to college.
Figure that one out by yourself?

People rely on minimum wages to live on and provide essentials....no excuse to pay them substandard wages
Actually I did figure that one out by myself.

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Oh look......standard deviation

Does nothing to support your point
Yes, a bell curve. I can't put anything past you. Do you know how it pertains to what we are discussing?
Yes I do see its relevance

It shows you are talking out of your ass

Small businesses made $4 trillion in the last eight years, they did not pass that on to their workers

Small business hires workers to make a profit off of them. They can't claim they can't pay a higher wage than they did eight years ago when they saw 4 trillion in profit over those eight years
Whatever profits a business makes it's no one else's business but the owner/owners…
No, not really. It should be 100% private matter on how much business makes in profits...

Not when business claims that higher wages will bankrupt them. The value of small business has risen $4 trillion since minimum wage was last increased

Not everyone can go to college. Not everyone should go to college.

People rely on minimum wages to live on and provide essentials....no excuse to pay them substandard wages

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Yes, a bell curve. I can't put anything past you. Do you know how it pertains to what we are discussing?

I see. Actually it shows that the majority of people on this planet have low IQ. Unless of course you think an IQ of 100 or 115 is intelligent. It isn't. These are the people like you who feel instead of think.

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

I see. Actually it shows that the majority of people on this planet have low IQ. Unless of course you think an IQ of 100 or 115 is intelligent. It isn't. These are the people like you who feel instead of think.
Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?
Go right ahead and google it. I thought most people knew that already. I probably shouldn't have assumed that you did. My bad. Sometimes I forget who I am dealing with. I assume that they are intelligent.

bellcurve.jpg
A bell curve?

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?
You don't have to stay stupid. The brain is like any other muscle. The more you exercise it and with the right attitude, you can increase your intelligence.

A bell curve?

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?
You don't have to stay stupid. The brain is like any other muscle. The more you exercise it and with the right attitude, you can increase your intelligence.

Mr Science here thinks it is a revelation that average IQ is 100

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?

If you say so. Actually what I was getting at was proof that not everyone should go to college. I guess you weren't able to follow that part of the discussion. My bad. I thought you could follow it. I'll try to do a better job next time.

Not to worry, cellblock, you can always find work in your career as fast food server.

The fact of the matter remains that the customer will pay more in order to help the fast food server earn more.
Hey, stupid. He had links to why they aren't going to pay more for minimal labor in fast food. Enjoy talking to your kiosk as the person that used to do that job is now unemployed because you decided they are worth $15 an hour.

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?

If you say so. Actually what I was getting at was proof that not everyone should go to college. I guess you weren't able to follow that part of the discussion. My bad. I thought you could follow it. I'll try to do a better job next time.

Nobody ever claimed they should Einstein

No, not really. It should be 100% private matter on how much business makes in profits...

Not when business claims that higher wages will bankrupt them. The value of small business has risen $4 trillion since minimum wage was last increased
Wait, wut? I need some clarification here. WTF are you talking about?

Not to worry, cellblock, you can always find work in your career as fast food server.

The fact of the matter remains that the customer will pay more in order to help the fast food server earn more.
Hey, stupid. He had links to why they aren't going to pay more for minimal labor in fast food. Enjoy talking to your kiosk as the person that used to do that job is now unemployed because you decided they are worth $15 an hour.
Those kiosks will come even if minimum wage stays at $7.25

The nonsense that goes on in these types of threads is rather amazing.

The problem is not minimum wage. We have millions of "good paying" (well above minimum wage) jobs in this country that simply are not being fulfilled because the millennials have all been brainwashed into thinking that they should not have to work in the trades of in jobs that require manual effort.

They can simply sit around an employer who has jobs that are valuated out at minimum skills/minimum compensation and whine about how they cannot feed their twelve kids on the 23 hours a week they work and they'd do much better if they could just get 15 per hour for that same 23 hours a week.

Meanwhile, companies are begging for people to gain skills and work in the jobs they do have, for multiples above minimum wage.

I'll offer up two problems regarding this using Mike Rowe to illustrate both points.

And then this one.

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?

Then why were you crying about it in post #280?

They will some day. How much faster will they come if you raise the minimum wage to $15?

All you are doing by raising the minimum wage is forcing their hand.

Average IQ is 100?

Have to google that one?

Always had problems understanding context ?

Always had problems understanding context ?

You did. Then maybe college isn't for you.

They will some day. How much faster will they come if you raise the minimum wage to $15?

All you are doing by raising the minimum wage is forcing their hand.

We have kiosks right now at the convenience store

They already pay the existing minimum wage

Forum List

Back