Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

When Trump was running for president it wasn't their fault. But watch now that the election is over its absolutely their fault. Remember, choices. They made bad choices. In fact so many people made bad choices it caused the great recession. Wasn't Bush's fault nope. Everyone has to share the blame. But last year ask who's fault those underemployed people are and Republicans told us it was Obama's fault. But will it ever be Trump fault? Fuck no!

I love rich people who look down on poor people but are too intellectually dishonest to realize it. Ding, if you are a republican then I mean you. Assuming you really have this 7 figure pension.
Boo hoo hooo. I'm sealybobo and no one loves me. I'm poor and it's not my fault. I blame everyone but me. Boo hoo hoo.

Dude, you are cracking me up. Isn't it time for you to go get high again?

I love it when you think I'm broke. I equally love it when you pretend to be rich. LOL
Isn't it funny that all the rich people on this site can't find anything better to do? When I retire in a few years, I hope I'm never so bored that I have to come here.
Yes Ding brags about golfing and being on yachts but it seems he's on here 23 hours a day so I smell bullshit.
Yachts? No. Golf? You bet your ass. Although I do take an annual fishing trip to Alaska but that is a working vacation. I caught a 200 lb Halibut last year. Suck on that, bitch!

LOL, fishing is now work?

At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices. The more time you spend looking to blame politicians for your idiotic decisions

For the most part you are right
But hundreds of thousands of construction workers, electricians, plumbers lost their jobs when the housing market went bust due to rampant speculation by the financial wizards

When Trump was running for president it wasn't their fault. But watch now that the election is over its absolutely their fault. Remember, choices. They made bad choices. In fact so many people made bad choices it caused the great recession. Wasn't Bush's fault nope. Everyone has to share the blame. But last year ask who's fault those underemployed people are and Republicans told us it was Obama's fault. But will it ever be Trump fault? Fuck no!

I love rich people who look down on poor people but are too intellectually dishonest to realize it. Ding, if you are a republican then I mean you. Assuming you really have this 7 figure pension.
Boo hoo hooo. I'm sealybobo and no one loves me. I'm poor and it's not my fault. I blame everyone but me. Boo hoo hoo.

I love it when you think I'm broke. I equally love it when you pretend to be rich. LOL
Isn't it funny that all the rich people on this site can't find anything better to do? When I retire in a few years, I hope I'm never so bored that I have to come here.

See, ding argues for himself and I argue for the American middle class. This isn't personal for me but it sure is for ding. In other words Ding thinks things are fine because he's doing fine. Doesn't matter to him how the other 99% of us are doing.

So let me give Ding an example that he can't say I'm complaining for personal reasons. I look up what the average person makes in a year and I found that

Male, no spouse makes $53,684
Female, no spouse $36,151

Ok, so if I were to complain that women aren't being paid enough, Ding would automatically think I was complaining that I only make $36K and that I'm a woman. He certainly wouldn't have any compassion for those women. He would blame them.

Ding would be unable to understand that I'm not arguing for myself personally. And ding would call the average woman a loser for only making $36K. Isn't that right ding?
Haven't we established that you are full of shit and only care about yourself? I argue for myself? No. I argue against your bullshit. I argue for reality. There ain't no one coming to anybodies rescue. I sure as hope no one is buying your bullshit, because if they are, they are waiting for someone to save them that isn't coming. But according to you if people vote for Democrats all of the wildest dreams will come true. Bull fucking shit. Guess what, dumbass? Republican's aren't going to save them either. So you tell me who I'm for?

Yes Ding brags about golfing and being on yachts but it seems he's on here 23 hours a day so I smell bullshit.
Yachts? No. Golf? You bet your ass. Although I do take an annual fishing trip to Alaska but that is a working vacation. I caught a 200 lb Halibut last year. Suck on that, bitch!

LOL, fishing is now work?
Have you ever been fishing in SE Alaska? It is the way we do it. It's all self guided.

so you have no problem with companies paying MW that's good

English please, Jorge.

and I quote
Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage

SO successful companies pay some of their employees MW. You finally got something right

So suddenly you support minimum wage increases? I think you're lying.

You don't.

You said successful companies pay MW you said nothing about an increase

and FYI I have said before it depends on the increase

increasing the MW 50 cents or even a buck is no big deal more than doubling it to $15 is ridiculous

Just on the faint hope you MIGHT stop lying about where I stand every day, my position is this:

1. Raise the national minimum wage NOW to $10 an hour

2. Tie the rate of inflation directly to the minimum wage, adjusted annually.

See if you can stop lying about my opinion on that from now on.
I didn't lie I quoted your words exactly form your post

you said successful companies pay MW you said nothing about an increase in the post I quoted

and a more than 40% hike is too much.

English please, Jorge.

and I quote
Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage

SO successful companies pay some of their employees MW. You finally got something right

You don't.

increasing the MW 50 cents or even a buck is no big deal more than doubling it to $15 is ridiculous

Just on the faint hope you MIGHT stop lying about where I stand every day, my position is this:

you said successful companies pay MW you said nothing about an increase in the post I quoted

The topic of this thread is the increasing minimum wage.

and I quote

You don't.

The topic of this thread is the increasing minimum wage.
and you didn't mention the topic in the post I quoted

do I have to quote your words for you again?

You said

Successful companies pay their worker minimum wage

do you deny writing that?

For you people who demand a free market,

how about we legalize teenage prostitution? There's a big market for that.

WHy don't we stick to adults? SInce that's what those of us with any common sense are talking about

Okay so with that you ADMIT that a free market is a terrible idea.
not for adults it isn't

Imposing government age regulations on the markets is an infringement on the 'free market'.

A minimum age for work is no different than a minimum dollar value for wages.

Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage or better.

My advice to the crybaby companies? Take some lessons from those successful companies.
/---- How do you know what companies can afford, you drooling imbecile?

You mean greedy owners will be offsetting wage increases with higher prices ?

No one could have expected this obvious result.....

Lol
Maybe not. It might only cut into CEO pay or profits but they can't charge more than people will pay.

Their competition will take their customers

See, ding argues for himself and I argue for the American middle class. This isn't personal for me but it sure is for ding. In other words Ding thinks things are fine because he's doing fine. Doesn't matter to him how the other 99% of us are doing.

So let me give Ding an example that he can't say I'm complaining for personal reasons. I look up what the average person makes in a year and I found that

Male, no spouse makes $53,684
Female, no spouse $36,151

Ok, so if I were to complain that women aren't being paid enough, Ding would automatically think I was complaining that I only make $36K and that I'm a woman. He certainly wouldn't have any compassion for those women. He would blame them.

Ding would be unable to understand that I'm not arguing for myself personally. And ding would call the average woman a loser for only making $36K. Isn't that right ding?
Haven't we established that you are full of shit and only care about yourself? I argue for myself? No. I argue against your bullshit. I argue for reality. There ain't no one coming to anybodies rescue. I sure as hope no one is buying your bullshit, because if they are, they are waiting for someone to save them that isn't coming. But according to you if people vote for Democrats all of the wildest dreams will come true. Bull fucking shit. Guess what, dumbass? Republican's aren't going to save them either. So you tell me who I'm for?
You're for Republicans who lied to them to win their votes.

Did you hear trump said the fake unemployment numbers are now real? Isn't that convenient? You are for the better funded liars.

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Fuck restaurants! Thy are the biggest takers out there . They are actually exempt from a
Kinds of labor laws including min wage for severs .

It's a big cash biz and they are all tax cheats .

Do the poor and middle class have to pay the higher prices? I mean, if prices increase what good is the minimum wage increase?

Hillary: I'll give you a shit minimum wage job.

Trump: I'll give you a high paying job and the chance to start your own business and get out of the Dem's ghettos.

Do the poor and middle class have to pay the higher prices? I mean, if prices increase what good is the minimum wage increase?

Trump: I'll give you a high paying job and the chance to start your own business and get out of the Dem's ghettos.

Wrong ! TRump would create tarriffs that would result in higher prices for people . NO? ??

Wrong ! TRump would create tarriffs that would result in higher prices for people . NO? ??

No he wouldn't, look just leave the negotiating to the pro's like President Trump. :itsok:

Many companies are able to do just fine paying their lowest level employees minimum wage or better.

My advice to the crybaby companies? Take some lessons from those successful companies.

You clearly know nothing about small businesses that are barely keeping their doors open. This is enough to destroy them.

At the very least, some will lose their jobs.

Given that the wage has been frozen for eight years and will probably not be raised again for another eight....$15 an hour seems quite fair

and you think that will have no impact

again are you high?

Low wages have an impact on tens of millions of families
Yes, without them, millions of teenagers find it difficult to break into the job market.

I earned a $2.10 minimum wage on which I was able to pay for college by just working summers

Now, American families have to go into debt to send their kids to college. That debt is a direct result of low wages paid to college aged workers. Businesses make more profit off of low wage workers and American families make up the difference
You need to research why the cost of secondary education has gotten so high. You will find that low wages did not cause the increase.

Irrelevant
If I make a $7.25 salary to pay for college, I make $4,000 over a summer
If I make $15 an hour, I make $8000 ...not enough to pay for college, but close

The difference is the amount of money that must be borrowed. Conservative whimper about the impact raising minimum wage has on business while they mock the impact it has on workers

Forum List

Back