Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Or maybe they are putting it on the bill to show their customers what happens when they support something as idiotic as a huge minimum wage increase: somebody has to pay for that increase.

Or maybe it's way of letting petty douchebags know not to come back to the restaurant.

That's their option. But many uninformed voters think that when they support things like wage or taxation hikes, somebody other then them are going to pay for it. I'm sure those people who are shocked at the new charge figured it was the owner that was just going to dig deeper in his pockets.

For those who are insulted by learning something, you probably don't want their business anyhow.

I thought restaurants were just going to lay off enough people to make up the difference.

I'm sure some have. When you pin the business owner against the wall, each will deal with the problem differently.

Oh, btw, there are too many restaurants around in the first place.
Right.

And they choose to humiliate their employees, by putting a wage surcharge on the bill, a way of saying it's the help's fault your meal costs what it costs,

but where is the beef surcharge? The fuel surcharge? the boss's wife wants a new car surcharge?

Eh. Blame the least of us, the employees, for the woes of the well off.
Human beings understand that the bill covers all expenses but the wage hike is new and it explains the sudden price increase. Sorry it had to be explained.

Beef prices close to doubled since 2000. Put THAT on the bill if you want to cry about something.

I remember when all the bills from my vendors included fuel surcharges when the price of gas went over 3.50 a gallon

and none of us threw the conniption fit you idiots are

So why didn't the restaurants put that on their bills? Why try to specifically humiliate the $8 an hour guy as a greedy money grubber?
really? The employees were humiliated?

care to back that up with something other than your mouth?

The employees weren't humiliated

Yes the surcharge on the bill is a humiliation BY the restaurant owner.

Waitresses and bartenders aren't going to whine about getting 15 an hour because a lot of them can make 20 or more an hour when tips are included.

No one will tip a waitress who makes 15 an hour

15 bucks where?

Minnesota Restaurant Adds Minimum Wage Surcharge To Customer Bills - Say Anything

That place put on a surcharge because the minimum wage was raised to 8 bucks.

There's a nice tidbit in that link. Look at the bill. This restaurant is getting 8 bucks for a cheeseburger, but they're claiming they can't afford to pay the help 8 bucks an hour.

lol

10547358_10202472933086550_2706698248669847060_o.jpg
As the price of Hamburger went up, restaurants had no qualms charging $8 for a burger and passing on the cost
Now that ground beef prices have come down, they keep selling $8 burgers
But feel a need to hold their employees up for scorn

Right.

And they choose to humiliate their employees, by putting a wage surcharge on the bill, a way of saying it's the help's fault your meal costs what it costs,

but where is the beef surcharge? The fuel surcharge? the boss's wife wants a new car surcharge?

There was no beef surcharge when the price of a burger nearly doubled
Who ever heard of paying $8 for a burger?

What is the purpose of that 35 cent min wage surcharge?

Get the customer to take the 35 cents out of the tip

Who only pays a dollar for a burger?

If I went to a restaurant and a burger isn't at least 10 bucks I start to wonder if it's rat meat

Human beings understand that the bill covers all expenses but the wage hike is new and it explains the sudden price increase. Sorry it had to be explained.

Beef prices close to doubled since 2000. Put THAT on the bill if you want to cry about something.

I remember when all the bills from my vendors included fuel surcharges when the price of gas went over 3.50 a gallon

So why didn't the restaurants put that on their bills? Why try to specifically humiliate the $8 an hour guy as a greedy money grubber?

More than likely the owner put it on the bill as a political message--not to shame anybody.

There's a nice tidbit in that link. Look at the bill. This restaurant is getting 8 bucks for a cheeseburger, but they're claiming they can't afford to pay the help 8 bucks an hour.

lol

As the price of Hamburger went up, restaurants had no qualms charging $8 for a burger and passing on the cost

Right.

no it's letting douche bag customers like you who think that every time a price increase is put through that it's solely because the business owner is greedy and not because of increased operating costs

Then why aren't all the other 'cost of doing business' surcharges listed on the bill?

And btw, if Trump dramatically cuts business taxes, do you think a 'tax cut discount' will show up on the bill?

lol
/---- Competition will force them to be competitive. Gawd you Libtards don't understand the first thing about business.
Why didn't they lower the price of that $8 burger when the price of ground beef dropped?

Or maybe they are putting it on the bill to show their customers what happens when they support something as idiotic as a huge minimum wage increase: somebody has to pay for that increase.

Or maybe it's way of letting petty douchebags know not to come back to the restaurant.

That's their option. But many uninformed voters think that when they support things like wage or taxation hikes, somebody other then them are going to pay for it. I'm sure those people who are shocked at the new charge figured it was the owner that was just going to dig deeper in his pockets.

For those who are insulted by learning something, you probably don't want their business anyhow.

I thought restaurants were just going to lay off enough people to make up the difference.

I'm sure some have. When you pin the business owner against the wall, each will deal with the problem differently.

If you're up against the wall because you have to pay your people a whopping 8 bucks an hour, you need to take up another enterprise.

Putting it on the bill encourages asshole customers to take it out of the tip
assholes don't need an excuse not to tip

you should know

Right.

no it's letting douche bag customers like you who think that every time a price increase is put through that it's solely because the business owner is greedy and not because of increased operating costs

Then why aren't all the other 'cost of doing business' surcharges listed on the bill?

And btw, if Trump dramatically cuts business taxes, do you think a 'tax cut discount' will show up on the bill?

lol
/---- Competition will force them to be competitive. Gawd you Libtards don't understand the first thing about business.
Why didn't they lower the price of that $8 burger when the price of ground beef dropped?

And proclaim it on the bill as a customer's beef price discount!

15 bucks where?

Minnesota Restaurant Adds Minimum Wage Surcharge To Customer Bills - Say Anything

That place put on a surcharge because the minimum wage was raised to 8 bucks.

lol

Right.

There was no beef surcharge when the price of a burger nearly doubled
Who ever heard of paying $8 for a burger?

What is the purpose of that 35 cent min wage surcharge?

Get the customer to take the 35 cents out of the tip

Who only pays a dollar for a burger?

If I went to a restaurant and a burger isn't at least 10 bucks I start to wonder if it's rat meat

Before the price of ground beef nearly doubled, I routinely paid under $6 for a burger. When the price rose, I understood ground beef cost more. Same as with the price of labor

If you're up against the wall because you have to pay your people a whopping 8 bucks an hour, you need to take up another enterprise.

As I wrote earlier. When a boss gives you a dollar an hour raise, it costs him much more than just that dollar. Then you multiply that by X amount of employees. Sorry, but it all adds up to some substantial money in the end.

Just do what Subway did...use an 11 inch footlong bun, and then reduce the meat content by 20%.

And you think there's something wrong with that?

What could possibly be wrong with homeschooling?
Means I don't have pay to educate the little brat

Not now, but as it continues it's popularity, we may be able to syphon some of those school dollars to pay parents to educate their kids, and who knows, maybe other kids nearby their home as well.
My problem with homeschooling is why does it need to be all or nothing?
Why not homeschool for English, history and subjects you are comfortable with and send your kid to regular school for science labs, foreign language and advanced mathematics?

you can get all that via the web now
Do you have a home science lab? Computer lab? How about an indoor pool or weight room facilities

Your taxes pay for those facilities.....why not use them?

Because the public school won't let home schoolers use them

and FYI one can do all kinds of chemistry with household items and many chemicals and supplies used in HS chem labs can be bought it's not as hard as you think

and FYI I do have quite the home gym set up weights heavy bags, pull up bars I even have a home made obstacle course on the back acre of my property

As I wrote earlier. When a boss gives you a dollar an hour raise, it costs him much more than just that dollar. Then you multiply that by X amount of employees. Sorry, but it all adds up to some substantial money in the end.

And the employee spends his extra dollar in someone else's business increasing their sales revenue.

Only in your little easily butt hurt world

Nope. It tells the customer where the extra charge is and he is taking care of it. No need to tip.

What could possibly be wrong with homeschooling?
Means I don't have pay to educate the little brat

Not now, but as it continues it's popularity, we may be able to syphon some of those school dollars to pay parents to educate their kids, and who knows, maybe other kids nearby their home as well.
My problem with homeschooling is why does it need to be all or nothing?
Why not homeschool for English, history and subjects you are comfortable with and send your kid to regular school for science labs, foreign language and advanced mathematics?

you can get all that via the web now
Do you have a home science lab? Computer lab? How about an indoor pool or weight room facilities

Your taxes pay for those facilities.....why not use them?

Because the public school won't let home schoolers use them

and FYI one can do all kinds of chemistry with household items and many chemicals and supplies used in HS chem labs can be bought it's not as hard as you think

and FYI I do have quite the home gym set up weights heavy bags, pull up bars I even have a home made obstacle course on the back acre of my property

All of my trailer dwelling rural friends have an obstacle course in their backyard. It's common name is junk.

And the employee spends his extra dollar in someone else's business increasing their sales revenue.

if you ever worked in a food establishment you'd know that after a while the last thing you want tp eat is the stuff you make all day long

I used to work at a Friendly's Ice Cream and I didn't eat ice cream for years after

The ole liberal trickle up theory of economics. If that works so well, why not pay them $100 and hour? The economy should sky rocket.

And the people that are buying the product he helps make spend less. It's a wash.

Nope. It tells the customer where the extra charge is and he is taking care of it. No need to tip.

IOW, don't blame me, blame your waiter.

Forum List

Back