Retail workers fear for their safety

The cost of running a store that has lots of theft is the reason, without a profit no point of being open. Walmarts, Walgreens, Rite-Aid , Target did not close stores in lower crime areas, odd isn’t it?
Didn't they?

Source?
Crime is down but in many areas certainly good news but in areas where shoplifting is not prosecuted for lower amounts, it is a problem.
Agreed; California is plagued now, having traded lower crime for lower incarceration.
The government owned store in Chicago is in a high crime area because regular stores closed up because of crime rates at their locations.
Source?
You can pretend and deny all you want but these stores are citing specifically high crime rates as an issue.
They may be one issue, but there are many; please don't pretend and deny that there are not.

These corporations use crime as a catch-all explanation for decisions based in numerous criteria, including bad planning on their parts.
Portland Oregon is now trying to get people back to the downtown area which is being done by more patrols, people are not going and high crime is the issue.
So crime is down, and cops are patrolling - good things, right?

How long can this go on? Local jurisdictions don’t have the resources to prosecute shoplifting. Flash mob grab and go is on the rise. What should retailers do?

I would start draconian measures. Incentivize shoppers to do more online (shopping and pickup). Beef up premium security personnel; preferably armed. Let shoppers know that if they choose to enter the store, they are subject to random searches while in the store. If they fail to comply, they will be removed from the store, by force, if necessary.

I won't go in a store that searches me.

You people don’t want cops until something happens to you or yours.
I have no idea who "you people" are.

Sounds like a straw man and/or projection to me.

But irrelevant and fallacious nonetheless; I accept your surrender.

I won't go in a store that searches me.
Don’t go. Order online or don’t support them at all.
I have no idea who "you people" are.

Sounds like a straw man and/or projection to me.

But irrelevant and fallacious nonetheless; I accept your surrender.
you haven’t won anything. If you have, put up empirical data to back it up.

Didn't they?

Source?

Agreed; California is plagued now, having traded lower crime for lower incarceration.

Source?

They may be one issue, but there are many; please don't pretend and deny that there are not.

These corporations use crime as a catch-all explanation for decisions based in numerous criteria, including bad planning on their parts.

So crime is down, and cops are patrolling - good things, right?

My look ast post I said I was gll lol ad crime is down in so areas, I t seems you lack reading comprehension. The story of the Chicago government is common knowledge, for informed people.

I disagree with you on why stores closed . Lots of hard evidence but you have no interest in reading post let alone have facts.

Unless you have facts showing why Walmarts, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Targets and other closed in crime ridden areas closed for other reasons you have nothing and we will disagree.

My look ast post I said I was gll lol ad crime is down in so areas, I t seems you lack reading comprehension.
I must confess that I have no idea what you're trying to say above, yes. :eek:
The story of the Chicago government is common knowledge, for informed people.
They opened a store as I recall, or planned to do so?
I disagree with you on why stores closed.
Yup - you're poorly informed, and don't want that to change.
. Lots of hard evidence but you have no interest in reading post let alone have facts.
Stores closed for many reasons.

In some instances, crime may have been one factor.
Unless you have facts showing why Walmarts, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Targets and other closed in crime ridden areas
Did they?

For that reason alone?

I think not.
closed for other reasons you have nothing and we will disagree.
They closed for many reasons, but used crime as a catch-all as noted.

Crime = Down

Inflation = Down

Cops = Doing their jobs

Shitcons = Enraged by these things

Go figure.

:dunno:

I must confess that I have no idea what you're trying to say above, yes. :eek:

They opened a store as I recall, or planned to do so?

Yup - you're poorly informed, and don't want that to change.

Stores closed for many reasons.

In some instances, crime may have been one factor.

Did they?

For that reason alone?

I think not.

They closed for many reasons, but used crime as a catch-all as noted.

Crime = Down

Inflation = Down

Cops = Doing their jobs

Shitcons = Enraged by these things

Go figure.

:dunno:
Why do you feel the need to lie about me. I admit crime is going down in many areas and there are areas where it is rising but overall down, I am happy about that but you continue to distort and lie.

So far you have no facts as to why stores closed down in high crime areas. Of course there are other factors but the main driving force was high shoplifting and crime. Go ahead post a backed up fact.

MinTrut keeps claiming that people are upset that crime is lower, who is upset that crime is lower? So far no one on the left or right would be upset if crime was lower, it is just another lie from a nut.

MinTrut keeps claiming that people are upset that crime is lower, who is upset that crime is lower? So far no one on the left or right would be upset if crime was lower, it is just another lie from a nut.
That's because mintrut is a troll. I placed it on ignore. Stop feeding it and it will die.

:auiqs.jpg:

From the post you quoted:

Crime is dropping; conservatives are enraged. :dunno:

You shitcons... :rolleyes:

But yeah, crime is dropping, and conservatives can't cope.

Massively triggered.

Y'all aint right in the head.
So, IOW, no one you can name. You just know they're out there, somewhere. You just know it.

Why do you feel the need to lie about me.
Wha?

Are you okay...?
I admit crime is going down in many areas and there are areas where it is rising but overall down, I am happy about that
Great! :)
but you continue to distort and lie.
I do? :dunno:
So far you have no facts as to why stores closed down
Numerous reasons, and in many areas.
in high crime areas.
Including those areas as well I believe.

Many chains were overextended & overdue for closure.
Of course there are other factors but the main driving force was high shoplifting and crime.
No.
Go ahead post a backed up fact.
You first.

Forum List

Back