Reuters/Ipsos poll: Who's to blame for the shutdown?

Centrista

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2018
54% blame Trump or Republicans in Congress. 33% blame Democrats.
Forty-seven percent of adults hold Trump responsible, while 33 percent blame Democrats in Congress, according to the Dec. 21-25 poll, conducted mostly after the shutdown began. Seven percent of Americans blamed congressional Republicans.

Cool....

Personally I blame both parties for the two major problems with "the shutdown"

1.) It's partial
2.) It's only temporary

Mexico

If they had paid, Trump would not have to punish Government workers

I am.

As Emperor of the Western Hemisphere I dictated a memo that was sent to the WH instructing my lower level executive to shut it down over the holiday since no one was going to show up any fucking way.

I wonder...

If the poll was asked...

"Do you thank The President or the communists for shutting down the government"

What would the response be?

Always look for the methodology. This poll is bullshit.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English across the United States. It gathered responses from 2,440 adults, including 946 Democrats and 846 Republicans.

More Americans blame Trump for government shutdown: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

Yes, scientific polls can be conducted online.
This is not like a USMB online user poll which is not scientific. USMB polls don’t control for the fact that almost everyone here is a conservative and almost everyone is an old white fart.
Now tell me how Rasmussen’s phone poll did in the midterms.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forty-seven percent of adults hold Trump responsible, while 33 percent blame Democrats in Congress, according to the Dec. 21-25 poll, conducted mostly after the shutdown began. Seven percent of Americans blamed congressional Republicans.
Actually 47% blame Trump not 54% so not even half of those polled but do they see it as a BAD thing or a GOOD thing that's being done for the good of the country.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English across the United States. It gathered responses from 2,440 adults, including 946 Democrats and 846 Republicans.

LOL 100 more leftists than Americans....shocker!

Actually 47% blame Trump not 54% so not even half of those polled but do they see it as a BAD thing or a GOOD thing that's being done for the good of the country.

Learn how to read. I said "Trump or Republicans" (47 + 7 = 54. Use a calculator since that operation is too complex for you).

Makes sense given the fact Trump has already said that he's responsible for the shutdown.

Hillary by a landslide.

The average of polls had Hillary by 3%, not a landslide. Don't make things up.

Forum List

Back