Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

For a state that lost hundreds of lives on Sept. 11, the gifts were emotionally resonant: pieces of steel from the ruins of the World Trade Center. They were presented by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to 20 carefully chosen New Jersey mayors who sat atop a list of 100 whose endorsements Gov. Chris Christie hoped to win.

At photo opportunities around the mangled pieces of steel, Bill Baroni, Mr. Christie’s top staff appointee at the Port Authority, told audiences how many people wanted a similar remnant of the destroyed buildings, and how special these mayors were.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...ty-was-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion

This..is..just..so..fucked..up.

Thanks swallow...

For whatever reason you moonbats are trying to destroy Christie before the primaries are underway.

Too bad you didn't do that with Romney right way.

Chritie is a floating turd in the bowl, but democrooks seem to prefer to keep flushing while we're working on the clog.

For once we're working for the same overall outcome, the only satisfaction I can get is that the bed wetters don't know why....Yet.

We value memorials of tragedies all the time. These were given to the mayors of certain New Jersey cities. Those might have been cities directly impacted by the tragedy.

Democrats have nothing to say so they have to pick out trivia. Joe the Plumber gets a job. George Zimmerman signs autographs. Gov. Christie hands out small memorabilia of 911. Can't the tiny little minds of democrats fathom anything worthwhile.

Anyone who thought there was anything that was really sacred and not 'for sale' stopped really paying attention to American politics a long time ago. Every man or woman has their price and while the law may prevent them from trading some things for political favors, they can and do trade everything else that they can get away with under the law. It may be unsavory but as long as they can't be prosecuted for it, most politicians will defend their 'right' to do it.

Did anyone read the article? You will note in the first sentence it says Chrisite reportedly did this according to the N.Y. Times and all the Times article did unless I missed something is make the allegation but offers no proof.

Forum List

Back