Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

Why isn't Christie on this page?

PA Leadership - Governance - Corporate Information - Port Authority of New York & New Jersey

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

And this and Palin are the best the GOP has to offer. :lol:

Words fail me now.

YOUR kind of candidate....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The+Very+Dishonorable+Hillary+Rodham+Clinton.jpg

She doesn't have any blood on her hands. That is a lie the right wingers have made up. Another despicable lie in order to further their cause. You don't care anything about what is good for this country. The only thing you care about is not having a Democrat as president. Well, you are going to have 8 more sorry and sad years coming up. Too bad, so sad. :badgrin:

She doesn't have any blood on her hands. That is a lie the right wingers have made up. Another despicable lie in order to further their cause. You don't care anything about what is good for this country. The only thing you care about is not having a Democrat as president. Well, you are going to have 8 more sorry and sad years coming up. Too bad, so sad. :badgrin:

Delusional witch!

1467442_10201019975605694_789710486_n.jpg

Words fail me now.

Wow. I used to like the guy.

I guess there really aren't any decent Republicans out there.

Hillary might have a problem. Rahm Emanuel might give her a run and he will have the Chicago machine. And, a lot of dead fish.

Words fail me now.

Jesus Christ, what a motherfucker. That is just beyond the pale.

Christie, wave bye-bye to your candidacy.

Words fail me now.

Kinda sad, eh?

Delusional witch!

1467442_10201019975605694_789710486_n.jpg

Ahhh, another rabid Rightie keepin it civil, I see.

For a state that lost hundreds of lives on Sept. 11, the gifts were emotionally resonant: pieces of steel from the ruins of the World Trade Center. They were presented by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to 20 carefully chosen New Jersey mayors who sat atop a list of 100 whose endorsements Gov. Chris Christie hoped to win.

At photo opportunities around the mangled pieces of steel, Bill Baroni, Mr. Christie’s top staff appointee at the Port Authority, told audiences how many people wanted a similar remnant of the destroyed buildings, and how special these mayors were.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...ty-was-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion

This..is..just..so..fucked..up.

Wait a minute....

There are photos in your article which show the dedication of the steel I beam with a plaque attached.

It was not given to mayors as a remnant, they were presented to the towns and in many cases had the names of those deceased engraved upon them. This was not some treasure the mayor took home but is displayed in parks for the people, the piece in your article above is in the Vertans Plaza.

Here is the announcement for the exact piece you have in the photo in the above link:

Today, Deputy Executive Director Baroni will join with Michael Gonnelli, the Mayor of Secaucus, and local Boy Scouts to present a piece of WTC steel to the Town of Secaucus. Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno and Deputy Executive Director Baroni have traveled around New Jersey to present municipalities, community organizations and first aid squads with pieces of steel from the World Trade Center to include in public memorials to honor the victims of 9/11.

WHO:
Bill Baroni, Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey & Michael Gonnelli, the Mayor of Secaucus

WHAT:
Presentation of Steel from World Trade Center

WHEN:
11:00 a.m.

WHERE:
Secaucus Veterans Plaza
1309 Paterson Plank Road
Secaucus, NJ

PRESS:
OPEN, No Availability

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
Hunter Pendarvis, 212-435-7777

Press Release Article - Port Authority of NY & NJ

Last edited:
Words fail me now.

For a state that lost hundreds of lives on Sept. 11, the gifts were emotionally resonant: pieces of steel from the ruins of the World Trade Center. They were presented by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to 20 carefully chosen New Jersey mayors who sat atop a list of 100 whose endorsements Gov. Chris Christie hoped to win.

At photo opportunities around the mangled pieces of steel, Bill Baroni, Mr. Christie’s top staff appointee at the Port Authority, told audiences how many people wanted a similar remnant of the destroyed buildings, and how special these mayors were.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...ty-was-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion

Oh my god, make it stop.

I cannot believe this. :evil:

You think Mayor Guiliani didn't?

No one should be doing that. :evil:

Who would want something like that as a gift?

I don't need it.

It's something I will never forget.

No one should be doing that. :evil:

Oh, I know that...I'm just asking if you think Guiliani didn't. They were making bigtime on 9/11.

It's disgusting, morbid and sickening.

Done for the night.

My stomach is in knots.

Crocodile Tears?

Good thing Chris Christie is a Democrat/Liberal

News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“
In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.

WTC steel has been sent to all 50 states and seven foreign countries for a total of 1,700 different locations worldwide, he said].

The inscription on the stand the steel sits on at the plaza reads:

“This piece of steel from the WTC towers is dedicated to these brave men & women of U.S. military who have fought since that fateful day to defeat terrorism and enemies of freedom throughout the world.”

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back