Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

Jesus Christ, what a motherfucker. That is just beyond the pale.

Christie, wave bye-bye to your candidacy.

Dem-dupes believes anything.

CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“
In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.

WTC steel has been sent to all 50 states and seven foreign countries for a total of 1,700 different locations worldwide, he said].

The inscription on the stand the steel sits on at the plaza reads:

“This piece of steel from the WTC towers is dedicated to these brave men & women of U.S. military who have fought since that fateful day to defeat terrorism and enemies of freedom throughout the world.”
Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

There is also a piece of WTC steel on display in downtown Baltimore
suva3ary.jpg

The inscription on the base reads "Together We Remember The People Of Maryland Who Perished On 9/11/2001"

At the office I work at in New Jersey, there are pictures of 2 people from the company that died that day.

They are young and look so full of promise.

For people in the financial Industry and first responders, this was something very close to home.

To see people seriously exploit the "relics" for political gain is beyond the pale.

Words fail me now.

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

Jesus Christ, what a motherfucker. That is just beyond the pale.

Christie, wave bye-bye to your candidacy.

Dem-dupes believes anything.

Getting the ibeams from NJ port authority was going on far before Christy was gov as The NY TImes reports here:

Sept. 11 Steel Forms Heart of Far-Flung Memorials

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/07/nyregion/07steel.html

Christie gave some to Chicago too!

The firefighters association got the beam, which weighs more than 5,000 pounds, as a donation from The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, Teson said. He and two other firefighters flew to New York City in November to accept the donation, and were met there by one of the firefighters’ father, who drove his truck, Teson said. The foursome picked up the beam at a hangar outside LaGuardia Airport, and father and son drove it back to Illinois.

9/11 steel I-beams « chicagoareafire.com

Thanks swallow...

For whatever reason you moonbats are trying to destroy Christie before the primaries are underway.

Too bad you didn't do that with Romney right way.

Chritie is a floating turd in the bowl, but democrooks seem to prefer to keep flushing while we're working on the clog.

For once we're working for the same overall outcome, the only satisfaction I can get is that the bed wetters don't know why....Yet.

And no one is trying to destroy Hillary?

CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
For a state that lost hundreds of lives on Sept. 11, the gifts were emotionally resonant: pieces of steel from the ruins of the World Trade Center. They were presented by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to 20 carefully chosen New Jersey mayors who sat atop a list of 100 whose endorsements Gov. Chris Christie hoped to win.

At photo opportunities around the mangled pieces of steel, Bill Baroni, Mr. Christie’s top staff appointee at the Port Authority, told audiences how many people wanted a similar remnant of the destroyed buildings, and how special these mayors were.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...ty-was-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion

This..is..just..so..fucked..up.

News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“
In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.

WTC steel has been sent to all 50 states and seven foreign countries for a total of 1,700 different locations worldwide, he said].

“This piece of steel from the WTC towers is dedicated to these brave men & women of U.S. military who have fought since that fateful day to defeat terrorism and enemies of freedom throughout the world.”

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

They SHOULD NOT be trophies for political favors.

At the office I work at in New Jersey, there are pictures of 2 people from the company that died that day.

For people in the financial Industry and first responders, this was something very close to home.

To see people seriously exploit the "relics" for political gain is beyond the pale.

I agree if that is what happened. But the pieces requested by the NJ towns that got some of the pieces in NJ had lost first responders and or citizens. They were not given to mayors but are inscribed to veterans lost in WTC, first responders and those in the WTC itself and are on public display. These pieces were being given out before Christie took office.

One of the articles I posted spoke of about the Boy Scout requesting a piece speaks of the federal judge who must approve each piece that is given away. It says he approves all requests, but it is a slow process. So I can't see how Christie was getting over on anyone. Even the Times article reiterates the judge had to approve each request...and he approves them all.

Here is another article about a piece given to a NJ firefighter for a town memorial.

http://narrative.ly/do-gooders/a-beam-of-hope/

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
This..is..just..so..fucked..up.

News as it happened:

“

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

They SHOULD NOT be trophies for political favors.

Honestly, I read your article and I only see the accusation, and where a list was spoken of. They threw it out there in the first few sentences and the article changed into bridge scandals, and bullying... Did I miss this list and proof?

Except that wasnt done.
Perhaps by Democrats. Then it would be OK.

Except that wasnt done.

Generally I find your bullshit amusing, Rabbi.

This is not one of those times.

Except that wasnt done.

I'm deeply hurt.

Well, OK, I lied that time. You lie every time. You've never been anywhere near anyone who was involved in 9/11.

Except that wasnt done.

I'm deeply hurt.

Well, OK, I lied that time. You lie every time. You've never been anywhere near anyone who was involved in 9/11.

And you have no fucking idea if that is true or not. Do you live with him? Why must so many Rightwingers always lie out their asses?

Last edited:
Did anyone read the article? You will note in the first sentence it says Chrisite reportedly did this according to the N.Y. Times and all the Times article did unless I missed something is make the allegation but offers no proof.

Well ya know if it came from the NY Slimes its gotta be true.

I mean really. If Christie were a Dem you wouldn't have heard one word but since he's a Rep the NYS went ahead and printed.

Reportedly huh? Well I'm sure loads of folks picked up stuff from 9-11 as a reminder of what dirtbag terrorists are capable of. Doubt anyone considered them souviners.

They are a reminder of one of the worst days in this countries history.

Oh and who the hell needs proof when its the NYSlimes??

Last edited:

I'm deeply hurt.

And you have no fucking idea iif that is true or not. Do you live with him? Why must so many Rightwingers always lie out their asses?

That was an asshole thing to post.

I use to work at the NYSE.

And he knows it.

What do you expect of a Liberal/Democrat such as Christie?

Sallow, Christie gave away "debris", not "relics".

Is this the only way Sallow can support Sallow's opinion, by misusing a word?

1.2 million tons of "debris", and Christie gave away how much of that, all of it? 50%, 10%, 1%, of course Sallow does not know, Sallow never cared what happened with 1.2 million tons of "debris" before today.

Sallow, should we of built a shrine for the 1.2 million tons of "debris" so that you could say your prayer before it?

How about a little outrage Sallow over the 150,000 tons of "relics" given to a Democrat Campaign donor who in turn RECYCLED the "relics" for profit in which he then used to support Democrats re-election campaigns?

John Neu gave a 100,000$ of the profit to Planned Parenthood, how about some outrage over "relics" recycled for a profit and then given to Planned Parenthood.

John Neu gave the profits from the "relics" to Democrat Joe Kennedy's Political Campaign
John Neu gave the profits from the "relics" to Democrat Levin's Political Campaign
John Neu gave the profits from the "relics" to Democrat Jeffries' Political Campaign
John Neu gave the profits from the "relics" to Democrat Menendez's Political Campaign
John Neu gave the profits from the "relics" to Democrat Rush Holt's Political Campaign

I can keep going but this ought to be enough for Sallow to take Sallow's foot out of his mouth.

Ahem...

Recycling Trade Center Steel With Respect

Published February 23, 2002FoxNews.com

NEW YORK – The World Trade Center towers may have fallen, but the steel that once gave them strength has been salvaged from the site.
Now comes the question of what happens to it. The metal and other recyclable material recovered from the site is sacred to many, and is both emotionally and financially valuable.

The Port Authority estimates more than 200,000 tons of steel was used in the World Trade Center's construction. Of that total, more than 168,000 tons has been salvaged from Ground Zero thus far, according to the New York City Office of Emergency Management

Three companies – Metal Management Northeast of Newark, N.J., Hugo Neu Schnitzer East of Jersey City and Blandford Land Development Corporation of Brooklyn, N.Y. – have successfully bid for city contracts to recycle the steel, and continue to bid on what remains to be salvaged.

"Once they have it in their possession they in turn have the right to sell it," Matthew Monahan, City of New York Department of Design and Construction spokesman said. "It becomes their steel."

Recycling Trade Center Steel With Respect | Fox News

To add: Destruction of Evidence from Ground Zero at the World Trade Center - SourceWatch

Forum List

Back