Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Just me - but I think there are much better things to get angry over.
If I had lost a loved one, maybe I would feel differently. Or maybe I wouldn't. I can't say for sure.

I live here.

I work in the financial industry.

This was a pretty catastrophic event. It caused havoc in NYC.

It's not something I take lightly at all.

If I had lost a loved one, maybe I would feel differently. Or maybe I wouldn't. I can't say for sure.

I live here.

Especially when you can beat up on a Republican in the process. Amiright?

I live here.

I can appreciate that. I usually don't think of a traffic jam (even a particularly gnarly one) as a catastrophe. I usually reserve that term for hurricanes or earthquakes or my son failing to take out the garbage :eusa_shifty: but I hear ya.

I live here.

I can appreciate that. I usually don't think of a traffic jam (even a particularly gnarly one) as a catastrophe. I usually reserve that term for hurricanes or earthquakes or my son failing to take out the garbage :eusa_shifty: but I hear ya.
He's talking about 9/11, genius.

<shaking my head>

Oh the horror!!

I remain FAUXTRAGED!!!

BLULOOLOOLOOOO!!!! BLULOOLOOOLOOOLOOO!!! I BLOW U UP KRISPY!!! BLULOOLOOLOOOO!!!!

Muslim_Rage_552515591.jpg

Last edited:
I live here.

He's talking about 9/11, genius.

<shaking my head>

oops - my bad. I apologize. Yes, I would count that as a catastrophe

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

Yeah, well, Chrisitie's one of yours, and always has been, an opportunistic statist with an R on his back.

CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
This..is..just..so..fucked..up.

News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“
In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.

WTC steel has been sent to all 50 states and seven foreign countries for a total of 1,700 different locations worldwide, he said].

The inscription on the stand the steel sits on at the plaza reads:

“This piece of steel from the WTC towers is dedicated to these brave men & women of U.S. military who have fought since that fateful day to defeat terrorism and enemies of freedom throughout the world.”

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

They SHOULD NOT be trophies for political favors.

Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.

CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.
His handpicked cronies at the Port Authority were.

Geeze. Is it that hard to ask you guys to bother to read the story before asking stupid questions?

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie&#8217;s handling of the state&#8217;s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a &#8220;de facto political operation,&#8221; handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

Yeah, well, Chrisitie's one of yours, and always has been, an opportunistic statist with an R on his back.
That's why CPAC had him there all kissy face with him last week.

That's why he's chair of the GOP Gov's Association.

That's why he was keynote speaker at the last GOP convention.

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

:lol:

Geeze. Is it that hard to ask you guys to bother to read the story before asking stupid questions?

OK so the thread title is a lie. We get it. Christie possibly had nothing to do with this. Whatever "this" is supposed to be. BUt it has to be bad for Christie because, well, it just does.

Words fail me now.

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

What?
Obama%20and%20Christie.jpg

OK so the thread title is a lie. We get it. Christie possibly had nothing to do with this. Whatever "this" is supposed to be. BUt it has to be bad for Christie because, well, it just does.
The thread title is not a lie.

You're just too stupid to comprehend.

The thread title is not a lie.

You're just too stupid to comprehend.

The title says Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to cronies as gifts. Even you admit that is a lie. Surely you see that, right?

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

What?
Obama%20and%20Christie.jpg
Oh, we get it -- he has cooties cause he touched Obama.

That erases the CPAC love

and the GOP Gov Ass./ Keynote speaker tingles fer him.

Sell that to people who have the same IQ as you. It might work.

Forum List

Back