Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Ok, so when did this trash (it WAS on the way to a landfill wasn't it?) transform into "relics."

Like "religious relics" or something?

Was anyone treating this stuff with white gloves and delicate preservation techniques or something? Or were they bulldozing it into dump trucks to haul away to a landfill?

That's why CPAC had him there all kissy face with him last week.

That's why he's chair of the GOP Gov's Association.

That's why he was keynote speaker at the last GOP convention.

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

:lol:

What does that have to do with the fact that Christie is a statist like you?

Answer: Nothing.

So is McCain, by the way. Was he at CPAC?

Christie is the subject, bub.

HE was at CPAC.

Killz ya, donut?

Gotta love the schizo behavior going on in this thread.

Ok, so when did this trash (it WAS on the way to a landfill wasn't it?) transform into "relics."

Was anyone treating this stuff with white gloves and delicate preservation techniques or something? Or were they bulldozing it into dump trucks to haul away to a landfill?
<cough> (from earlier in the thread.)

Don't forget the steel. The Port Authority has given away almost 80 percent of its stock, filling more than 1,000 of the 2,500 requests to date. Random beams &#8212; twisted into yoga-like poses &#8212; still sit on the hangar's gray floor.

The steel has become a "symbol of Americanism and unity," said Brother Ted Novak of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement at Graymoor. A cross made of beams &#8212; thought to be one of the area's first memorials &#8212; rises from a garden at the friars' Garrison home.

"It's a memorial of endurance," he said. "That steel has become a symbol of our freedom, our coming together in times of tragedy."
In recent months, Johnson said, the Port Authority has filled two or three requests a day for steel. The steel is free but must be publicly displayed, and the requesting organization must pick it up.

"What reminds me it's meaningful," Johnson said, "is the people who come to pick it up. The fire departments and police departments, which are the primary beneficiaries, come in full-dress uniforms. They have a ceremony that shows how important these pieces are to them."

Hangar holds relics of steel: Debris from WTC given for displays worldwide | The Journal News | lohud.com | lohud.com

Transform?

Most of this stuff was being held in Hangar 17 at Kennedy airport.

On the dime of the tax payers of NEW YORK.

That really should be the people deciding what happens to it.

Not some corrupt Jersey Governor using it to pay back political favors.

Seriously.

Conservatives were all over McGreevy, Weiner and Spitzer.

They were calling for blood.

Where are they with Christie?

Oh yeah..defending him tooth and nail. And then say..well..he did "help" Obama.

Sorta nuts.

<cough> (from earlier in the thread.)

Don't forget the steel. The Port Authority has given away almost 80 percent of its stock, filling more than 1,000 of the 2,500 requests to date. Random beams — twisted into yoga-like poses — still sit on the hangar's gray floor.

The steel has become a "symbol of Americanism and unity," said Brother Ted Novak of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement at Graymoor. A cross made of beams — thought to be one of the area's first memorials — rises from a garden at the friars' Garrison home.

"It's a memorial of endurance," he said. "That steel has become a symbol of our freedom, our coming together in times of tragedy."
In recent months, Johnson said, the Port Authority has filled two or three requests a day for steel. The steel is free but must be publicly displayed, and the requesting organization must pick it up.

"What reminds me it's meaningful," Johnson said, "is the people who come to pick it up. The fire departments and police departments, which are the primary beneficiaries, come in full-dress uniforms. They have a ceremony that shows how important these pieces are to them."

Hangar holds relics of steel: Debris from WTC given for displays worldwide | The Journal News | lohud.com | lohud.com

Ain't it funny they were all up in arms over a Mosque in the area, calling the World Trade Center site, "sacred ground"..but now the debris from the site, which still contains human remains, is "Junk".

Gotta love it.

Transform?

Seriously.

Sorta nuts.

Conservatives defending Triple C from the NJZ? :lol: that's almost as laughable as your phoney outrage.

:cuckoo:

I missed you too
You & I go way back Frank.

The 2008 elections changed you.

It's sad.

I miss that. I miss the cool guy you used to be.

Yeah it's that whole racism thing, right?

It's not that we elected the most radical unAmerican, anti-American ideologue scumbag ever.
I never pegged you as racist. Still don't.

All I know is 2008 changed you.

And it's too bad, cause you were, to me, a cool guy before that.

That is all.

That's why CPAC had him there all kissy face with him last week.

That's why he's chair of the GOP Gov's Association.

That's why he was keynote speaker at the last GOP convention.

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

HE was at CPAC.

Killz ya, donut?

What an idiot. I'm not a Republican, or strictly speaking, a conservative. Christie is a statist bootlick and so are you. He's one of yours.

Transform?

Seriously.

Sorta nuts.

Conservatives defending Triple C from the NJZ? :lol: that's almost as laughable as your phoney outrage.

So you think he should resign, eh?

Like Spitzer right?

Lets see your thread on that..

:D

Ok - sallow. You posted some pretty good links/quotes. for the second time in a single thread, I'll apologize. I am obviously woefully under-informed on this topic so I will do what I should have done a long time ago - shut up.

HE was at CPAC.

Killz ya, donut?

What an idiot. I'm not a Republican, or strictly speaking, a conservative. Christie is a statist bootlick and so are you. He's one of yours.
Strange. CPAC is hep on statists.

Head of the GOP Governors Association = statist.

Keynoting GOPper at the last convention they's hep on statists.

Ooookay. Own it. You fellas loves you the statist.

I'm OK with that.

For the record, we think he's a puke.

Transform?

Seriously.

Sorta nuts.

Like Spitzer right?

Resign? Was he convicted of something we don't know about?

So who are these "conservatives" that are defending Christie?

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie&#8217;s handling of the state&#8217;s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a &#8220;de facto political operation,&#8221; handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

This question needs to be asked: WHO IN THE HECK WOULD WANT A PIECE OF TWISTED METAL FROM THE 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACK--IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Second--what idiot would take a twisted piece of metal--and then say O.K. I'll endorse you because you gave me some junk?

While I know Christie is involved in bridgegate--I think this story may be a stretch.

Last edited:

Transform?

Seriously.

Sorta nuts.

My god, your a complete idiot when you post!!! Yea, I saw your post about where is my link, you got the name, you got debris, put them together and do a google search and figure it out for yourself.

Speaking of links, where is the link for this comment? I know, I know, there is none cause Sallow's post is just whatever Sallow happens to spit out at the top of Sallow's head which Sallow believes makes a point or insults Republicans.

So where is your link Sallow

Sallow: Most of this stuff was being held in Hangar 17 at Kennedy airport.

Here, I will help you.

Memory Remains Pictures - National Geographic

In the wake of the 9/11 attacks, some 1.8 million tons of debris were removed from the World Trade Center site during a cleanup and recovery operation that lasted nine months. A small fraction of this material was selected for preservation and kept at Hangar 17 at John F. Kennedy International Airport, as documentation of what had been at the World Trade Center and as a testament to what happened there on 9/11

Sallow, your post, your belief, your opinion, is as far from the truth as one can get, how do you do it? How can you display such ignorance. In my opinion, Sallow posts repeatedly display stupidity. What is it Sallow, can you explain, I am scratching my head at how wrong your are and how oblivious you are to your own ignorance.

Anyhow, I do not expect a reply from Sallow, I see Sallow does not reply to the posts that contain facts that contradict Sallow's posts/rants/flames.

Like Spitzer right?

Resign? Was he convicted of something we don't know about?

So who are these "conservatives" that are defending Christie?

Spitzer wasn't convicted of anything.
Weiner wasn't convicted of anything.
McGreevy wasn't convicted of anything.

And all over the thread.

Catch up.

So where's you thread on Christie resigning?

Transform?

Seriously.

Sorta nuts.

My god, your a complete idiot when you post!!! Yea, I saw your post about where is my link, you got the name, you got debris, put them together and do a google search and figure it out for yourself.

Speaking of links, where is the link for this comment? I know, I know, there is none cause Sallow's post is just whatever Sallow happens to spit out at the top of Sallow's head which Sallow believes makes a point or insults Republicans.

So where is your link Sallow

Sallow: Most of this stuff was being held in Hangar 17 at Kennedy airport.

Here, I will help you.

Memory Remains Pictures - National Geographic

In the wake of the 9/11 attacks, some 1.8 million tons of debris were removed from the World Trade Center site during a cleanup and recovery operation that lasted nine months. A small fraction of this material was selected for preservation and kept at Hangar 17 at John F. Kennedy International Airport, as documentation of what had been at the World Trade Center and as a testament to what happened there on 9/11

Sallow, your post, your belief, your opinion, is as far from the truth as one can get, how do you do it? How can you display such ignorance. In my opinion, Sallow posts repeatedly display stupidity. What is it Sallow, can you explain, I am scratching my head at how wrong your are and how oblivious you are to your own ignorance.

Anyhow, I do not expect a reply from Sallow, I see Sallow does not reply to the posts that contain facts that contradict Sallow's posts/rants/flames.

You keep capturing posts I made to other people..and not answering any questions.

You live where?

You do what?

What's the dish?

Forum List

Back