Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story
I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

I Could not agree more......Conservatives despise RINOS too!
You realize that YOU face Swallow's rath for that? :lol:

Ok, so when did this trash (it WAS on the way to a landfill wasn't it?) transform into "relics."

Like "religious relics" or something?

Was anyone treating this stuff with white gloves and delicate preservation techniques or something? Or were they bulldozing it into dump trucks to haul away to a landfill?

Transform?

Most of this stuff was being held in Hangar 17 at Kennedy airport.

On the dime of the tax payers of NEW YORK.

That really should be the people deciding what happens to it.

Not some corrupt Jersey Governor using it to pay back political favors.

Seriously.

Conservatives were all over McGreevy, Weiner and Spitzer.

They were calling for blood.

Where are they with Christie?

Oh yeah..defending him tooth and nail. And then say..well..he did "help" Obama.

Sorta nuts.

Prove New York taxpayers bore any of the financial burden of storing the material - here's a hint:

Today, as was envisioned in 1921, the Port Authority is a financially self-supporting entity. It does not receive tax revenue from either state or from any local jurisdiction and has no power to tax, nor does it have the power to pledge the credit of either state or any municipality. The Port Authority relies primarily on revenue generated from facility operations-tolls from its bridges and tunnels between New York and New Jersey, user fees from the airports and the bus terminals, fares on its rail transit system, and rent from facilities, consumer services and from retail stores.

Overview of Facilities and Services - About the Port Authority - The Port Authority of NY & NJ

Prove Christie had anything to do with this.

Good luck

As a NJ -ian...I was never fooled by Christi's self serving shenanigans and never voted for him...I just hope that the layers of corruption and contrived protection r peeled away to incontrovertibly expose him for what he is...an egocentric self serving and corrupt bully with no true regard for the citizens he's supposed to serve...not exploit and punish to get back at adversaries.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

CaféAuLait;8763812 said:
I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

They SHOULD NOT be trophies for political favors.

Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.

There isn't any.

If you note the NY Times article which is linked to in the beginning it has this title:

Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool ( a tool, what kind of journalism is that?) :eusa_shifty:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...s-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

and it shows this picture which seems to try and imply something amiss, esp with the title underneath their photo ( note the caption on the NYT piece):

JPCHRISTIE1-master180.jpg

"Bill Baroni, left, then deputy executive director of the Port Authority, and Mayor Michael Gonnelli of Secaucus with a piece of steel from the World Trade Center ruins in 2012." ...
You know that dude in the picture was Christie's hand-picked appointee as Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority...you know, the one that resigned in disgrace in December for his part in the elaborate ruse in testimony over a fake "traffic study" and is now awaiting potential criminal charges for his role in the scandal, right?

He's also the guy who hired David Wildstein - the pluck-faced 5th Amendment dude who was hired for a high-power position created specially for him: to be the "eyes and ears of Christie" at the Port Authority?

You know that, right?

Is it wrong that I'm smiling?

CaféAuLait;8763812 said:
Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.

There isn't any.

If you note the NY Times article which is linked to in the beginning it has this title:

Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool ( a tool, what kind of journalism is that?) :eusa_shifty:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...s-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

and it shows this picture which seems to try and imply something amiss, esp with the title underneath their photo ( note the caption on the NYT piece):

JPCHRISTIE1-master180.jpg

"Bill Baroni, left, then deputy executive director of the Port Authority, and Mayor Michael Gonnelli of Secaucus with a piece of steel from the World Trade Center ruins in 2012." ...
You know that dude in the picture was Christie's hand-picked appointee as Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority...you know, the one that resigned in disgrace in December for his part in the elaborate ruse in testimony over a fake "traffic study" and is now awaiting potential criminal charges for his role in the scandal, right?

He's also the guy who hired David Wildstein - the pluck-faced 5th Amendment dude who was hired for a high-power position created specially for him: to be the "eyes and ears of Christie" at the Port Authority?

You know that, right?

Is it wrong that I'm smiling?

Sure, I know that's him, I also think what they did was a really mean spirited and nasty move when it comes to the bridge scandal.

Not one person has answered my question though. Every piece of steel is tagged and numbered with tight controls. Every piece of steel released to each community or organization needs to be approved by NEW YORK FEDERAL, Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein. All these supposed political gifts were advertised, for the lack of a better word in press releases and news articles. The same way they were before Christie took office.

So, they advertised they were stealing? And advertised to this federal judge in NY they were giving away steel which had not been approved? Or is it being alleged judge Alvin K. Hellerstein was bribed by Christie personnel?

Show me the proof, show me these towns did not apply for this steel, show me they went to the judge and said "hey, ignore those applications and sign this one instead"

Not to mention the Feds were running programs in late 2009 and advertising (right before Christie assumed office) to push the public to take it because they no longer wanted to store it and there was little interest. ( links in previous posts) which shows the demand for this steel just was not there.

Show me the proof and I will damn him right along with you. Right now it sounds like some smear campaign because he might run. iDK, but I've always been a "show me" type person.

As far as smiling, I suppose that's good, it might be counted towards your daily exercise since muscles are required. BTW it's three calories per smile, so keep it up! :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
You're not getting it.

When Baroni - one of the top Christie guys at the PA - was there -- HE changed the rules. In fact, no other state, including New York, were able to get those pieces without going through the application process.

I already posted this for you earlier.

By September 2011, the 10th anniversary of the attacks, 80 percent of the steel had been distributed, in a program managed by Nancy Johnson, a career employee of the Authority.

Around that time, Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, who was appointed by Mr. Christie, took effective control of the steel distributed in New Jersey. Accompanying Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno to ceremonies, Mr. Baroni gave speeches about the work that was being done at the Port Authority under Governor Christie, and spoke emotionally on the losses of Sept. 11.

See that part in red there? He changed the rules.

It was New Jersey only rules.

You might note again, the very same week the world was finding out about this wretched gift-giving scheme regarding the sacred 9/11 relics -- they changed the rules at the PA so it wasn't done by appointee cron-ee...

"The distribution policies for the steel given out in New Jersey were changed at the Port Authority last week, officials said Tuesday, and will no longer be handled by Mr. Christie’s political appointees, but by the agency’s professional staff, which handles the steel for the 49 other states and the rest of the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/n...litical-patronage.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

You're not getting it.

When Baroni - one of the top Christie guys at the PA - was there -- HE changed the rules. In fact, no other state, including New York, were able to get those pieces without going through the application process.

I already posted this for you earlier.

By September 2011, the 10th anniversary of the attacks, 80 percent of the steel had been distributed, in a program managed by Nancy Johnson, a career employee of the Authority.

Around that time, Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, who was appointed by Mr. Christie, took effective control of the steel distributed in New Jersey. Accompanying Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno to ceremonies, Mr. Baroni gave speeches about the work that was being done at the Port Authority under Governor Christie, and spoke emotionally on the losses of Sept. 11.

See that part in red there? He changed the rules.

It was New Jersey only rules.

You might note again, the very same week the world was finding out about this wretched gift-giving scheme regarding the sacred 9/11 relics -- they changed the rules at the PA so it wasn't done by appointee cron-ee...

"The distribution policies for the steel given out in New Jersey were changed at the Port Authority last week, officials said Tuesday, and will no longer be handled by Mr. Christie’s political appointees, but by the agency’s professional staff, which handles the steel for the 49 other states and the rest of the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/n...litical-patronage.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

Yes, I am getting it. The article is trying to imply they usurped federal law which dictates that the judge has to sign off on it. You say they "changed the rules" even though this is considered "evidence from a crime" a judge no longer needed to sign off on it. Such is belied by the fact a year after the above dates where you say "they changed the rules" it's evident they have not.

In fact, in the ceremony which the NY times mentions in 2012 (and I linked to which you seem to be ignoring) it still says the federal judge must sign off on it.

From the presentation in 2012 Baroni reiterates such during the ceremony and states such to the press present.

“In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Unless you are trying to say he is publicizing and attending events where the press is invited and publicizing them on the Port Authority website ( links on prior pages) and basically Spouting lies about NYC federal judge Hellerstien signing off on it when he was not. Seriously, that's a reach IMO.

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

You got to wonder what it would take to get conservatives to actually condemn something like this is...

...maybe if Christie were passing out actual human remains from 9/11?

...or...

maybe if a Democrat were involved...

CaféAuLait;8763812 said:

There isn't any.

Oh, indeed, calling someone a tool is something that news outlets would NEVER do, NEVER!

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool' | Fox News

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says | Fox News Latino

Using Iraq as a Political Tool? | Fox News

Using Iraq as a Political Tool…

Navy SEALs used as a political tool? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool?

Yessiree, Goddamn that NYT for using the word "tool" in terms of politics. G-d knows that FOX would NEVER do that!!!!

:rofl:

You can't make this stuff up.

CaféAuLait;8764635 said:
CaféAuLait;8763812 said:
There isn't any.

Oh, indeed, calling someone a tool is something that news outlets would NEVER do, NEVER!

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool' | Fox News

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says | Fox News Latino

Using Iraq as a Political Tool? | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool?

Yessiree, Goddamn that NYT for using the word "tool" in terms of politics. G-d knows that FOX would NEVER do that!!!!

:rofl:

Hey, you're right. I mis-read it when I glanced at the title. I thought it said "Christie was a Tool" which would have made it an entirely different statement. My bad. As I said I screwed up. Wish I were perfect, but alas my human side showed for a moment. :D

Do you have any comments on the rest of my post you deleted by chance?

Like how they would have accomplished this. I see others stating these were gifts to democratic mayors, to get their vote. The indy pictured in the NYC article got that piece of the WTC a year before he endorsed Christie. Sounds kinda silly to believe that a piece of the wreckage would keep someone's interest or promise a year or more later.

Secaucus officials endorse Christie - NorthJersey.com

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about why you wrote "Goddamn" but then wrote "G-d". Doesn't that negate the "high degree of respect and reverence" given by writing G-d? It almost mocks such since many believe that is taking the name in vain. I'm really curious. I like to learn about religious practice.

[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] - Dude, it takes a big, big man with a big heart to admit when he has screwed up. I applaud that and I am going to be repping you for that posting of your (pos rep, of course).

The rest I deleted not because I found it unimportant, but rather, because I am often pressed for time and must pick and choose what to respond to and what not. My suggestion would first be to wait and see how many other independent news sources verify this story. It's too easy for the Left or the Right to vilify a news outlet they don't like, but in reality, most of the serious ones get it right most all the time, at least the base-line data is correct. When the story is independently confirmed, then I would be delighted to respond in great detail. Does that sound amenable to you.

About "G-d". I am a Jew and we Jews believe that G-d is so big, so omnipotent that even the attempt to completely spell his name with whatever word is being used, besmirches his name. It's our way of saying that we are so incomplete without G-d that we admit it by leaving a letter (probably a vowel) out. Also, in Ivrit (Hebrew), the word for G-d used in the Synagogue is "Adonai" - which I would personally write as "Ad-nai", and in Hebrew, most of the time, the vowels are not written in, but rather, mentally interpolated. Yes, there are Ivrit versions of stuff where every vowel in written, but more often than not, when studing Torah, Haftorah and such, the vowels won't be there. So, spelling "G-d" the way I do is a sign of love for and respect of "G-d", nothing more and nothing less.

Since I meant "Goddamn" in a pretty unserious way, and would never personally wish for "G-d" to damn anyone, anyway, I am quite at easy spelling the word completely, for in that case, I really don't mean "G-d" at all. I am not trying to mock even one little bit.

I hope that that explanation helped some.

Finally, I live in a time-zone that is usually 6 hours ahead of the East Coast (right now, 5 hours), so there will often be a delay in responses. I am a big fan of the @ function, so you can feel free to @ me any time - I like the use of that function, it saves a lot of time and doesn't disturb me in the slightest.

-Stat

Last edited:
Transform?

Most of this stuff was being held in Hangar 17 at Kennedy airport.

On the dime of the tax payers of NEW YORK.

That really should be the people deciding what happens to it.

Not some corrupt Jersey Governor using it to pay back political favors.

Seriously.

Conservatives were all over McGreevy, Weiner and Spitzer.

They were calling for blood.

Where are they with Christie?

Oh yeah..defending him tooth and nail. And then say..well..he did "help" Obama.

Sorta nuts.

My god, your a complete idiot when you post!!! Yea, I saw your post about where is my link, you got the name, you got debris, put them together and do a google search and figure it out for yourself.

Speaking of links, where is the link for this comment? I know, I know, there is none cause Sallow's post is just whatever Sallow happens to spit out at the top of Sallow's head which Sallow believes makes a point or insults Republicans.

So where is your link Sallow

Here, I will help you.

Memory Remains Pictures - National Geographic

In the wake of the 9/11 attacks, some 1.8 million tons of debris were removed from the World Trade Center site during a cleanup and recovery operation that lasted nine months. A small fraction of this material was selected for preservation and kept at Hangar 17 at John F. Kennedy International Airport, as documentation of what had been at the World Trade Center and as a testament to what happened there on 9/11

Sallow, your post, your belief, your opinion, is as far from the truth as one can get, how do you do it? How can you display such ignorance. In my opinion, Sallow posts repeatedly display stupidity. What is it Sallow, can you explain, I am scratching my head at how wrong your are and how oblivious you are to your own ignorance.

Anyhow, I do not expect a reply from Sallow, I see Sallow does not reply to the posts that contain facts that contradict Sallow's posts/rants/flames.

You keep capturing posts I made to other people..and not answering any questions.

You live where?

You do what?

What's the dish?

I keep quoting post's Sallow has made, not capturing.

Sallow, you have not asked any questions related to this threads topic.

Sallow, you keep asking personal questions, go to my profile to see the personal information I wish to share.

Sallow, I was just pointing out the stuff that you posted that was wrong, non-factual.

My god, your a complete idiot when you post!!! Yea, I saw your post about where is my link, you got the name, you got debris, put them together and do a google search and figure it out for yourself.

Speaking of links, where is the link for this comment? I know, I know, there is none cause Sallow's post is just whatever Sallow happens to spit out at the top of Sallow's head which Sallow believes makes a point or insults Republicans.

So where is your link Sallow

Here, I will help you.

Memory Remains Pictures - National Geographic

Sallow, your post, your belief, your opinion, is as far from the truth as one can get, how do you do it? How can you display such ignorance. In my opinion, Sallow posts repeatedly display stupidity. What is it Sallow, can you explain, I am scratching my head at how wrong your are and how oblivious you are to your own ignorance.

Anyhow, I do not expect a reply from Sallow, I see Sallow does not reply to the posts that contain facts that contradict Sallow's posts/rants/flames.

You keep capturing posts I made to other people..and not answering any questions.

You live where?

You do what?

What's the dish?

Sallow, you keep asking personal questions, go to my profile to see the personal information I wish to share.

Sallow, I was just pointing out the stuff that you posted that was wrong, non-factual.

I am posting what accredited News agencies are reporting.

Forgive me if I trust those sources more than an anonymous poster on a message board with an axe to grind.

And I asked you those "personal" questions because this topic is pretty "near and dear" to my interests and life.

I was here during 9/11 and it was a extremely violent attack against the people of New York.

And no..if you weren't here..you wouldn't get how sore the wound still is..

You live where?

You do what?

What's the dish?

Forgive me if I trust those sources more than an anonymous poster on a message board with an axe to grind.

And I asked you those "personal" questions because this topic is pretty "near and dear" to my interests and life.

I was here during 9/11 and it was a extremely violent attack against the people of New York.

Fauxrage!

You werent there. You were in Topeka. CLeaning the floor in the bar.

Fauxrage!

Says the guy with the Moniker "Rabbi" and isn't Jewish.

Gotta love it.

Fauxrage!

Says the guy with the Moniker "Rabbi" and isn't Jewish.

Gotta love it.

Ha, I was right.

Forum List

Back