Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

You can't possibly be a Jew. Jews are smart. Maybe your father was Jewish.

What do you know about being Jewish?

When was the last time you were at Temple?

Or a Bar Mitzvah?

Or sat Shiva?

Or lit a Menorah?

:lol:

CaféAuLait;8765990 said:
You're not getting it.

When Baroni - one of the top Christie guys at the PA - was there -- HE changed the rules. In fact, no other state, including New York, were able to get those pieces without going through the application process.

I already posted this for you earlier.

By September 2011, the 10th anniversary of the attacks, 80 percent of the steel had been distributed, in a program managed by Nancy Johnson, a career employee of the Authority.

Around that time, Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, who was appointed by Mr. Christie, took effective control of the steel distributed in New Jersey. Accompanying Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno to ceremonies, Mr. Baroni gave speeches about the work that was being done at the Port Authority under Governor Christie, and spoke emotionally on the losses of Sept. 11.
See that part in red there? He changed the rules.

It was New Jersey only rules.

You might note again, the very same week the world was finding out about this wretched gift-giving scheme regarding the sacred 9/11 relics -- they changed the rules at the PA so it wasn't done by appointee cron-ee...

"The distribution policies for the steel given out in New Jersey were changed at the Port Authority last week, officials said Tuesday, and will no longer be handled by Mr. Christie’s political appointees, but by the agency’s professional staff, which handles the steel for the 49 other states and the rest of the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/n...litical-patronage.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

Yes, I am getting it. The article is trying to imply they usurped federal law which dictates that the judge has to sign off on it. You say they "changed the rules" even though this is considered "evidence from a crime" a judge no longer needed to sign off on it. Such is belied by the fact a year after the above dates where you say "they changed the rules" it's evident they have not.

In fact, in the ceremony which the NY times mentions in 2012 (and I linked to which you seem to be ignoring) it still says the federal judge must sign off on it.

From the presentation in 2012 Baroni reiterates such during the ceremony and states such to the press present.

“In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.
Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Unless you are trying to say he is publicizing and attending events where the press is invited and publicizing them on the Port Authority website ( links on prior pages) and basically Spouting lies about NYC federal judge Hellerstien signing off on it when he was not. Seriously, that's a reach IMO.

You're making a big deal about the judge, who basically rubber stamps the release. Whether in the case of the gifting he had a judge rubber stamp it is not that important. We also know Baroni LIES - his elaborate ruse about the phony "traffic study" was epic. That's why he's out of a job now.

Baroni did gift it to those cities and municipalities -- they did not go through the application process because he changed those rules.

(and the rules are changed back to not having political appointees at the PA just this week! [I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fallout fromthe Times story. ha!])

And note in your very own link, Baroni also gifted the city with a 5,000 check!

In looking over some other stories, I found this little gem on the NJ Gov website.:
WTC Steel Dedication

• Event Date: Sept. 9, 2013
Office of the Governor | Event Photos Sept. 9, 2013

Pictures of the Lt. Gov and again...Bill Baroni - gifting WTC Steel to the municipality of Sea Girt.

That date was interesting to me -----> because

that's the first day of the 4 day long traffic mess created by Christies office. (yes, they pulled this stunt during the week of the 9/11 anniversary.)

No big whoop, just found it a curious tie in with the two events.

Well now Christie will be able to pass out pieces of the wreckage of his political career as gifts.

Let us pray.
the-new-york-post-made-a-chris-christie-story-into-one-giant-fat-joke.jpg

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8765990 said:
You're not getting it.

When Baroni - one of the top Christie guys at the PA - was there -- HE changed the rules. In fact, no other state, including New York, were able to get those pieces without going through the application process.

You might note again, the very same week the world was finding out about this wretched gift-giving scheme regarding the sacred 9/11 relics -- they changed the rules at the PA so it wasn't done by appointee cron-ee...

"The distribution policies for the steel given out in New Jersey were changed at the Port Authority last week, officials said Tuesday, and will no longer be handled by Mr. Christie’s political appointees, but by the agency’s professional staff, which handles the steel for the 49 other states and the rest of the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/n...litical-patronage.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

Yes, I am getting it. The article is trying to imply they usurped federal law which dictates that the judge has to sign off on it. You say they "changed the rules" even though this is considered "evidence from a crime" a judge no longer needed to sign off on it. Such is belied by the fact a year after the above dates where you say "they changed the rules" it's evident they have not.

In fact, in the ceremony which the NY times mentions in 2012 (and I linked to which you seem to be ignoring) it still says the federal judge must sign off on it.

From the presentation in 2012 Baroni reiterates such during the ceremony and states such to the press present.

“In order to present a municipality with a piece of WTC steel, we actually need to have a federal judge release it since it’s evidence in a crime,” he said.
Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Unless you are trying to say he is publicizing and attending events where the press is invited and publicizing them on the Port Authority website ( links on prior pages) and basically Spouting lies about NYC federal judge Hellerstien signing off on it when he was not. Seriously, that's a reach IMO.

You're making a big deal about the judge, who basically rubber stamps the release. Whether in the case of the gifting he had a judge rubber stamp it is not that important. We also know Baroni LIES - his elaborate ruse about the phony "traffic study" was epic. That's why he's out of a job now.

Baroni did gift it to those cities and municipalities -- they did not go through the application process because he changed those rules.

(and the rules are changed back to not having political appointees at the PA just this week! [I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fallout fromthe Times story. ha!])

In looking over some other stories, I found this little gem on the NJ Gov website.:
WTC Steel Dedication

Pictures of the Lt. Gov and again...Bill Baroni - gifting WTC Steel to the municipality of Sea Girt.

that's the first day of the 4 day long traffic mess created by Christies office. (yes, they pulled this stunt during the week of the 9/11 anniversary.)

To add to that last:

The first day of "Time for Traffic" was a busy day for Baroni and the Lt. Gov.

They also went to Atlantic City to gift another piece of WTC steel.

Press Releases

9/9/2013World Trade Center Memorial Dedication Ceremony

Officials at Atlantic City International Airport today dedicated a memorial featuring steel recovered from the World Trade Center following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The recovered steel was presented to the airport by Bill Baroni, Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. Acting Executive Director Sam Donelson accepted the memorial on behalf of the South Jersey Transportation Authority (SJTA).

“I would like to thank the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for their generosity in donating this piece of steel from one of the World Trade Center towers. Their efforts made this memorial possible,” said SJTA Acting Executive Director Sam Donelson.

The steel was incorporated in a display designed by the Port Authority’s Architectural Unit and SJTA employees oversaw construction of the memorial. The design features a square concrete surface symbolic of the World Trade Center tower footprint and is oriented so viewers stand between the artifact and a U.S. flag near the entrance to the airport’s passenger terminal. Construction of the memorial was done by the Kline Construction Company of Galloway, New Jersey."

Atlantic City International Airport

The PA even designed the memorial.

Hmmm.

Just read this interesting piece - take a look at who signed this letter: 911 Families Letter to NY-NJ Governors Re Memorial Museum

More disgrace of the PA.

June 27, 2012
Dear Governor Christie and Governor Cuomo:
Over the past several months, we have watched with growing concern as the National September 11 Memorial Museum has become the focus of a public dispute over funding. We are deeply disappointed that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the government agency over which you are jointly charged with oversight and control, has brought this important historic project to a standstill.

As 9/11 family members who have been personally involved in the development of the Memorial and Museum, we refuse to stand by while the individuals you appointed -- and whose actions you have the power to veto -- allow this vital project to founder.

It is bitterly ironic and cynical in the extreme for the governors of New York and New Jersey --states which lost the most people on 9/11 -- to express concern for the “long-term stability” of the 9/11 Memorial Foundation even as your appointees at the Port Authority seek to raid the foundation’s charitable coffers, essentially nullifying by several times over the amount of federal assistance for which you recently voiced your support.

The Memorial and Museum Foundation has raised more than $435 million in private donations from 900,000 mostly small donors. To date, the Foundation has achieved every fund raising goal, has met every contractual obligation, and has diligently worked in good faith to fulfill its dual obligations to the memory of our loved ones and to the public trust.

We believe that the Port Authority is now engaged in a dishonest and dishonorable effort to exploit the Foundation’s successful and disciplined efforts in order to offset its own reckless and irresponsible fiscal mismanagement.

In short, the PA is seeking to use the public’s heart-felt support of the 9/11 memorial and museum as an easy source of revenue to help pay for its own oversized, under-budgeted, poorly-managed capital projects (see the $3.5 billion PATH station lobby, serving a mere 50,000 commuters, originally estimated to cost $1.8 billion; see also, the PA’s $25 billion capital plans ��" scaled back from $33 billion after public outrage.) That is despicable.

: letter :

The thread title is still a lie. A bunch of smoke and bullshit. The dishonesty of the left knows no bounds.

Oh, I am definitely a Jew. Only, I don't act like a dick, as you do. There is no way on Earth that you could be a Rabbi. No Rabbi would behave so disgustingly to other people as you do. You have not a slightest clue what Tikkun Olam really means, nor have you shown even one smidge of the ideas presented in V'Ohavta.

! בן-זונה להזדיין

Oh, I am definitely a Jew. Only, I don't act like a dick, as you do. There is no way on Earth that you could be a Rabbi. No Rabbi would behave so disgustingly to other people as you do. You have not a slightest clue what Tikkun Olam really means, nor have you shown even one smidge of the ideas presented in V'Ohavta.

! בן-זונה להזדיין
You're a Jew and a prick. They are not mutually exclusive. Being stupid and Jewish is also not unheard of.

CaféAuLait;8764635 said:
Oh, indeed, calling someone a tool is something that news outlets would NEVER do, NEVER!

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool' | Fox News

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says | Fox News Latino

Using Iraq as a Political Tool? | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Yessiree, Goddamn that NYT for using the word "tool" in terms of politics. G-d knows that FOX would NEVER do that!!!!

:rofl:

Hey, you're right. I mis-read it when I glanced at the title. I thought it said "Christie was a Tool" which would have made it an entirely different statement. My bad. As I said I screwed up. Wish I were perfect, but alas my human side showed for a moment. :D

Do you have any comments on the rest of my post you deleted by chance?

Like how they would have accomplished this. I see others stating these were gifts to democratic mayors, to get their vote. The indy pictured in the NYC article got that piece of the WTC a year before he endorsed Christie. Sounds kinda silly to believe that a piece of the wreckage would keep someone's interest or promise a year or more later.

Secaucus officials endorse Christie - NorthJersey.com

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about why you wrote "Goddamn" but then wrote "G-d". Doesn't that negate the "high degree of respect and reverence" given by writing G-d? It almost mocks such since many believe that is taking the name in vain. I'm really curious. I like to learn about religious practice.

[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] - Dude, it takes a big, big man with a big heart to admit when he has screwed up. I applaud that and I am going to be repping you for that posting of your (pos rep, of course).

The rest I deleted not because I found it unimportant, but rather, because I am often pressed for time and must pick and choose what to respond to and what not. My suggestion would first be to wait and see how many other independent news sources verify this story. It's too easy for the Left or the Right to vilify a news outlet they don't like, but in reality, most of the serious ones get it right most all the time, at least the base-line data is correct. When the story is independently confirmed, then I would be delighted to respond in great detail. Does that sound amenable to you.

About "G-d". I am a Jew and we Jews believe that G-d is so big, so omnipotent that even the attempt to completely spell his name with whatever word is being used, besmirches his name. It's our way of saying that we are so incomplete without G-d that we admit it by leaving a letter (probably a vowel) out. Also, in Ivrit (Hebrew), the word for G-d used in the Synagogue is "Adonai" - which I would personally write as "Ad-nai", and in Hebrew, most of the time, the vowels are not written in, but rather, mentally interpolated. Yes, there are Ivrit versions of stuff where every vowel in written, but more often than not, when studing Torah, Haftorah and such, the vowels won't be there. So, spelling "G-d" the way I do is a sign of love for and respect of "G-d", nothing more and nothing less.

Since I meant "Goddamn" in a pretty unserious way, and would never personally wish for "G-d" to damn anyone, anyway, I am quite at easy spelling the word completely, for in that case, I really don't mean "G-d" at all. I am not trying to mock even one little bit.

I hope that that explanation helped some.

Finally, I live in a time-zone that is usually 6 hours ahead of the East Coast (right now, 5 hours), so there will often be a delay in responses. I am a big fan of the @ function, so you can feel free to @ me any time - I like the use of that function, it saves a lot of time and doesn't disturb me in the slightest.

-Stat

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]

I agree. I have not been bashing the NYT per se, I have been questioning the lack of any evidence. We have a tendency to jump on anything which is negative instead of asking for facts to back up the charges. That is all I would like to see, are facts. If they are presented, then as I said in previous posts, I will be there along with anyone else damning those responsible if this occurred.

Funny thing about my above post, I did not see my mistake even in my first reply to you. I had to delete it. ( thank goodness for your 6 hour time difference or you probably would have bust a gut reading my reply). I still saw " Christie was a Tool" for whatever reason and went on to explain to you that calling someone a tool and saying political tool were two different things. :lol: THEN I saw in my quoted portion it did not say that, but that the Port Authority was being used as a tool.

I thought perhaps you were Jewish and that is why you chose to spell God as you did, but I did not understand how the two could be seen different, however, now I do and I thank you for your reply. I really do enjoy learning about different religious practices. Thank you again.

CaféAuLait;8765990 said:
You're not getting it.

WTC Steel Dedication

Now you are making up your own facts the 2 NYT articles do not even claim what you are claiming.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8768847 said:
CaféAuLait;8765990 said:

WTC Steel Dedication

Now you are making up your own facts the 2 NYT articles do not even claim what you are claiming.
You want to be more specific?

If you want to claim they did have to go through the arduous application process as Baroni gifted these pieces -- go ahead.

I'm ready for ya. ;)

CaféAuLait;8768834 said:
CaféAuLait;8764635 said:
Hey, you're right. I mis-read it when I glanced at the title. I thought it said "Christie was a Tool" which would have made it an entirely different statement. My bad. As I said I screwed up. Wish I were perfect, but alas my human side showed for a moment. :D

Do you have any comments on the rest of my post you deleted by chance?

Like how they would have accomplished this. I see others stating these were gifts to democratic mayors, to get their vote. The indy pictured in the NYC article got that piece of the WTC a year before he endorsed Christie. Sounds kinda silly to believe that a piece of the wreckage would keep someone's interest or promise a year or more later.

Secaucus officials endorse Christie - NorthJersey.com

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about why you wrote "Goddamn" but then wrote "G-d". Doesn't that negate the "high degree of respect and reverence" given by writing G-d? It almost mocks such since many believe that is taking the name in vain. I'm really curious. I like to learn about religious practice.

[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] - Dude, it takes a big, big man with a big heart to admit when he has screwed up. I applaud that and I am going to be repping you for that posting of your (pos rep, of course).

The rest I deleted not because I found it unimportant, but rather, because I am often pressed for time and must pick and choose what to respond to and what not. My suggestion would first be to wait and see how many other independent news sources verify this story. It's too easy for the Left or the Right to vilify a news outlet they don't like, but in reality, most of the serious ones get it right most all the time, at least the base-line data is correct. When the story is independently confirmed, then I would be delighted to respond in great detail. Does that sound amenable to you.

About "G-d". I am a Jew and we Jews believe that G-d is so big, so omnipotent that even the attempt to completely spell his name with whatever word is being used, besmirches his name. It's our way of saying that we are so incomplete without G-d that we admit it by leaving a letter (probably a vowel) out. Also, in Ivrit (Hebrew), the word for G-d used in the Synagogue is "Adonai" - which I would personally write as "Ad-nai", and in Hebrew, most of the time, the vowels are not written in, but rather, mentally interpolated. Yes, there are Ivrit versions of stuff where every vowel in written, but more often than not, when studing Torah, Haftorah and such, the vowels won't be there. So, spelling "G-d" the way I do is a sign of love for and respect of "G-d", nothing more and nothing less.

Since I meant "Goddamn" in a pretty unserious way, and would never personally wish for "G-d" to damn anyone, anyway, I am quite at easy spelling the word completely, for in that case, I really don't mean "G-d" at all. I am not trying to mock even one little bit.

Finally, I live in a time-zone that is usually 6 hours ahead of the East Coast (right now, 5 hours), so there will often be a delay in responses. I am a big fan of the @ function, so you can feel free to @ me any time - I like the use of that function, it saves a lot of time and doesn't disturb me in the slightest.

-Stat

I agree. I have not been bashing the NYT per se, I have been questioning the lack of any evidence. We have a tendency to jump on anything which is negative instead of asking for facts to back up the charges. That is all I would like to see, are facts. If they are presented, then as I said in previous posts, I will be there along with anyone else damning those responsible if this occurred.

Funny thing about my above post, I did not see my mistake even in my first reply to you. I had to delete it. ( thank goodness for your 6 hour time difference or you probably would have bust a gut reading my reply). I still saw " Christie was a Tool" for whatever reason and went on to explain to you that calling someone a tool and saying political tool were two different things. :lol: THEN I saw in my quoted portion it did not say that, but that the Port Authority was being used as a tool.

I thought perhaps you were Jewish and that is why you chose to spell God as you did, but I did not understand how the two could be seen different, however, now I do and I thank you for your reply. I really do enjoy learning about different religious practices. Thank you again.

[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] - thanks for the good and thoughtful response.

I will be content to wait and see what a number of independent news sources say, something I generally do with any breaking story. I am also not the type to dismiss a news outlet just because it has a political bent I don't like. From my view, a lot of Fox's reporting, at least on the editorial side, is bullshit. But when it comes to hard facts and figures, Fox does a pretty decent job of getting the facts out there. Yes, now and again Fox screws up the numbers, everyone does it occasionally. On election night, some of the best reporting of the night, until Rove's unnecessary meltdown, was on FOX. In fact, FOX called a great number of states for Obama long before either ABC or CNN did, for instance: WI, MN, NM. So, I look to get my news from many, many sources. Just one NYT article is not good enough for me. That being said, NYT has had to retract very, very few things in it's long history of journalism. I suspect that the NYT story will hold.

CaféAuLait;8768847 said:

WTC Steel Dedication

You want to be more specific?

If you want to claim they did have to go through the arduous application process as Baroni gifted these pieces -- go ahead.

I'm ready for ya. ;)

Yup, I do. Facts. Period. Not an article saying 'effectively taking over the program" I want it in black and white where it said they bypassed the judge and stole this steel to give to towns who did not apply for such.

Not to mention even the mayor pictured in the NYT article is pissed at the claims AND is producing evidence that he did apply for the piece as opposed to what you are claiming.

Secaucus mayor 'furious' over claim that Christie used 9/11 wreckage as political gift | NJ.com

Gonnelli produced emails between town and Port Authority officials dating back to 2011 that show Town Administrator David Drumeler reaching out to the Port Authority to obtain a piece of steel from the 9/11 attacks, which the mayor wanted for a Secaucus memorial.

"If you think, in September of 2011, I’m thinking about endorsing Christie in 2013, there's something wrong with you,” Gonnelli told The Jersey Journal. “It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.”

Gonnelli said he has been fielding calls for the last two days from residents seeking his response to the New York Times story, which was also the basis for a segment on MSNBC Tuesday night.

Gonnelli, a Democrat-turned-Independent, last year endorsed Republican Christie over Democrat Barbara Buono, who lost to the governor in a landslide last November.

The mayor said it’s no secret that Christie’s office wanted his endorsement. Gonnelli said he told the governor he would only endorse him if Secaucus’ entire Town Council did as well.

“We felt that his leadership during Sandy deserved our endorsement,” Gonnelli said

Secaucus lost three residents in the 9/11 attacks.

Secaucus mayor 'furious' over claim that Christie used 9/11 wreckage as political gift | NJ.com

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8768834 said:

-Stat

[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] - thanks for the good and thoughtful response.

I will be content to wait and see what a number of independent news sources say, something I generally do with any breaking story. I am also not the type to dismiss a news outlet just because it has a political bent I don't like. From my view, a lot of Fox's reporting, at least on the editorial side, is bullshit. But when it comes to hard facts and figures, Fox does a pretty decent job of getting the facts out there. Yes, now and again Fox screws up the numbers, everyone does it occasionally. On election night, some of the best reporting of the night, until Rove's unnecessary meltdown, was on FOX. In fact, FOX called a great number of states for Obama long before either ABC or CNN did, for instance: WI, MN, NM. So, I look to get my news from many, many sources. Just one NYT article is not good enough for me. That being said, NYT has had to retract very, very few things in it's long history of journalism. I suspect that the NYT story will hold.

I agree with much of what you are saying. I don't watch Fox. I depend on the BBC, and ABC for 95 percent of my news. Can't say I don't ever read Fox, as I do. I read most of them, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc., then I come away with my own 'spin' if you will. As every news outlet puts their political lean on each story IMO. Each also has a way of omitting and or skewing facts IMO. By reading and depending on all new sources I feel one can come away with a better more rounded truth.

I have searched, except for MSNBC ( which I have no faith in whatsoever, due to recent scandals) I can't find any other MSM coverage on this story independent of the NYT article, until then I tend to believe this story is rooted more in an accusation since the NYT did not present proof but pointed fingers. If they showed the proof I would be condemning Christie and associates as well.

Last edited:
WTC Steel Dedication

Baroni made a big deal in his many commentaries about the arduous application process to get the steel. (see: all the 9/11 steel giveaway ceremonies)

Look here: Baroni's parents are from Ireland. (he was po black chile)....no, scratch that, he was born to an Irish unwed mother....

Anyway,

He makes a phone call to a (former) mayor in the pa-lace his momma hailed from -- that former mayor, earlier, had written a letter requesting a piece of the 9/11 steel. A letter.

Wanna see how Baroni (now the former PA authority - resigned in disgrace for lying) went about his gifting?

Have a look:

baroni_zps79951819.jpg

Baroni is planning a trip to Ireland ~~~ Erin Go Bra? He calls up a few years later as he plans a junket -- and says: Hey y'all "I gotta piece -- I'll bring it." <-- Not actual quote.

http://dungarvanobserver.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dungarvan-Observer-22-5-2013-Edition.pdf

Let's go back to this: "The application to be given artifacts is long and the process is complicated, intended to discourage frivolous requests.
For the St. James Fire District in Long Island, New York, it took two years to be granted a "bow-tie" piece of steel which was part of the outer steel lobby of the World Trade Center."

This lady wrote a letter. (that's all) ...and he goes a giftin' aglee.

You want to take apart the NYT article, but it's pretty clear, and will be made even more clear as the shenanigans play out -- 9/11 relics were made a tool for favors.

Why do you not comment on how the rule was now changed back just this last week?

Last edited:
WTC Steel Dedication

Baroni made a big deal in his many commentaries about the arduous application process to get the steel. (see: all the 9/11 steel giveaway ceremonies)

Look here: Baroni's parents are from Ireland. (he was po black chile)....no, scratch that, he was born to an Irish unwed mother....

Anyway,

He makes a phone call to a (former) mayor in the pa-lace his momma hailed from -- that former mayor, earlier, had written a letter requesting a piece of the 9/11 steel. A letter.

Wanna see how Baroni (now the former PA authority - resigned in disgrace for lying) went about his gifting?

Have a look:

baroni_zps79951819.jpg

Baroni is planning a trip to Ireland ~~~ Erin Go Bra? He calls up a few years later as he plans a junket -- and says: Hey y'all "I gotta piece -- I'll bring it." <-- Not actual quote.

http://dungarvanobserver.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dungarvan-Observer-22-5-2013-Edition.pdf

Let's go back to this: "The application to be given artifacts is long and the process is complicated, intended to discourage frivolous requests.
For the St. James Fire District in Long Island, New York, it took two years to be granted a "bow-tie" piece of steel which was part of the outer steel lobby of the World Trade Center."

This lady wrote a letter. (that's all) ...and he goes a giftin' aglee.

You want to take apart the NYT article, but it's pretty clear, and will be made even more clear as the shenanigans play out -- 9/11 relics were made a tool for favors.

Why do you not comment on how the rule was now changed back just this last week?

You are taking bits and pieces of information and turning them into a scandal. Really. Yes your article said she wrote a letter... the article does not say she did not make an application. It said she wrote a letter, did she include an application in that letter, was the letter an application filled out? IDK.

Additionally, note the timeframe, you said it is a process which takes up to two years. She did not hear back and get approval for 2 years, she wrote/applied(?) in 2011 and got a reply in 2013. How about that?

BTW he already went to Ireland, and in fact had the Irish flag flown over the new 9-11 memorial as well to take with the piece last year.

Ireland had causalities as well.

The British and Irish victims | UK news | The Guardian

Here is another article which shows Baroni in Ireland. Page 6 BTW ( and once again he mentions that the federal judge signed for the town to get that piece BTW)

http://dungarvanobserver.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Dungarvan-Observer-25-9-2013-Edition.pdf

Now, is the mayor the NYT implicated in the article by showing his photo (democrat turned Indy) in NJ, lying to protect Christie and Company?

Secaucus mayor 'furious' over claim that Christie used 9/11 wreckage as political gift

Is he producing fake evidence of his application?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back