Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts

So you think he should resign, eh?

Like Spitzer right?

Lets see your thread on that..

:D

Resign? Was he convicted of something we don't know about?

So who are these "conservatives" that are defending Christie?

Spitzer wasn't convicted of anything.
Weiner wasn't convicted of anything.
McGreevy wasn't convicted of anything.

And all over the thread.

Catch up.

So where's you thread on Christie resigning?

Why would I care if he resigns? I don't live in Jersey and I don't support authoritarian politicians. If he does (or doesn't) resign, I won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Now, Name the names of the "Conservatives" that are defending Christie in this thread or STFU.

The pieces that formed a cross on the site of the wtc, that comforted thousands and is in a 911 museum. Well liberal atheist are fighting to have it removed. Swallow where is your outrage? I guess your only outraged when it fits your political agenda. Your a sad little man.

Fuuuuuck you you fucking faggot.

Go troll the CPAC for dicks to suck you cum swallowing motherfucking dipshit.

Oh..and have a nice day.

I just really wish you wouldn't hold back so much, Sallow. You need to let the dude know what you REALLY think!!

Words fail me now.

I don't think I could be any angrier than I am at this moment.

:mad:

Yeah, well, Chrisitie's one of yours, and always has been, an opportunistic statist with an R on his back.
That's why CPAC had him there all kissy face with him last week.

That's why he's chair of the GOP Gov's Association.

That's why he was keynote speaker at the last GOP convention.

A-yup.

Coz, 'he's one of ours.'

:lol:

yeah, it's that "Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy" thingy. Black helicopters and FEMA deaths camps and all that jazz...

Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

You are an idiot.

I have pieces of the Berlin Wall.

Das freut mich zu hören. Aber um die Berliner-Mauer zu errichten, gab's damals keinen Terroranschlag, was 3.000+ Menschenleben auslöschte...

Du verstehst den Unterscheid, ja?

And for cons who are too fucking lazy to google, a translation:

I'm happy to hear that. But, in order to build the Berlin Wall, there was no terror attack at that time that wiped out 3,000+ human lives. You understand the difference, right?

What most amazes and depresses me is how many New Jerseyans will vote for this gluttonous, authoritarian bully.

I went for a haircut today (at one of the few remaining old-fashioned barber shops) and I listened to a few old farts talk about what a good "tough" governor Christie is and express their concern as to whether or not he had anything to do with the lane-closings on the George Washington Bridge.

There is no question that it's the people who are bringing this Nation down.

"Those who expect to be ignorant and free expect what never was and never will be." (Thomas Jefferson)

"The average man in the street does not recognize the devil even when the devil is holding him by the throat." [Johann von Goethe]

Christie is the subject, bub.

HE was at CPAC.

Killz ya, donut?

What an idiot. I'm not a Republican, or strictly speaking, a conservative. Christie is a statist bootlick and so are you. He's one of yours.
Strange. CPAC is hep on statists.

Head of the GOP Governors Association = statist.

Keynoting GOPper at the last convention they's hep on statists.

Ooookay. Own it. You fellas loves you the statist.

I'm OK with that.

For the record, we think he's a puke.

M.D. Rawlings: Wipe the drool off your chin. It's unsightly, statist.

Followed by. . . .

Hi, you have received -906 reputation points from paperview.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Phuck cough inbred

LOL! The statist mindset on display. You missed a spot.

Last edited:
What most amazes and depresses me is how many New Jerseyans will vote for this gluttonous, authoritarian bully.

I went for a haircut today (at one of the few remaining old-fashioned barber shops) and I listened to a few old farts talk about what a good "tough" governor Christie is and express their concern as to whether or not he had anything to do with the lane-closings on the George Washington Bridge.

"Those who expect to be ignorant and free expect what never was and never will be." (Thomas Jefferson)

"The average man in the street does not recognize the devil even when the devil is holding him by the throat." [Johann von Goethe]
Cult of personality...Symbolism over substance...Krispie Kreme Kristy is an asshat and hardly a Conservative.

Cult of personality...Symbolism over substance...Krispie Kreme Kristy is an asshat and hardly a Conservative.

Hey, aren't you the one who was running for Prez in 2010??

CaféAuLait;8759847 said:
News as it happened:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display

“

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the photos from the above article match yours as the mayor dedicates it to Vets lost that fateful day.

I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

They SHOULD NOT be trophies for political favors.

Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.

There isn't any.

If you note the NY Times article which is linked to in the beginning it has this title:

Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool ( a tool, what kind of journalism is that?) :eusa_shifty:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...s-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

and it shows this picture which seems to try and imply something amiss, esp with the title underneath their photo ( note the caption on the NYT piece):

JPCHRISTIE1-master180.jpg

"Bill Baroni, left, then deputy executive director of the Port Authority, and Mayor Michael Gonnelli of Secaucus with a piece of steel from the World Trade Center ruins in 2012."

The above presentation was announced by the Port Authority here:

Press Release Article - Port Authority of NY & NJ

AND the Newspaper here, note the dates and the photos match the one in the OP article:

Veterans Plaza in Secaucus now has a piece of World Trade Center steel on permanent display | NJ.com

Note the caption on this pic, the same pic unsed in the NYC piece, the one the NYC times changed to make it seem something below the table was going on:

-52d8c7ba80de9a6a.jpg

Bill Baroni, left, Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and Secaucus Mayor Michael Gonnelli with the piece of steel from the fallen World Trade Center towers donated by the Port Authority to the Town of Secaucus on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What the NY times article did not show you and cut was who this was for, here are the other attendees, the people the memorial was dedicated to :

-4d3091e6617e63b9.jpg

What the OPs article is trying to say is either Christie's office STOLE or SNUCK the pieces of steel ( some 15 feet long weighing a half ton) from the Port Authority and then for whatever reason announced their thefts via press releases ( :lol: ) OR THEY BRIBED a NEW YORK FEDERAL, Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein (who must approve all those asking for a piece of the damaged buildings) to give them the pieces. That NY judge also happens to be in charge of overseeing the wrongful death lawsuits stemming from the 9-11 attacks.

https://scarlettslandscaping.com/91...ousand-oaks-santa-barbara-and-woodland-hills/

Additionally, they ignore in 2009 the feds actually started a campaign to get rid of the wreckage because they no longer wanted to store it.( see above article) So, if there was an uptick under Christie it was probably because of the advertising. Again, with the caveat that the Judge had to approve every application.

Last edited:
LOL. Smear campaign fail. Funny how this never made news, and was never substantiated with actual evidence. Notice how the only alleged source who claimed he "reportedly" gave these artifacts to his "cronies"... is the New York Times. This is a hit piece, not news. The fact that we have someone using the deaths of 3,000 people to politically attack and denigrate someone angers me beyond all reason. So appalling. Christie must really scare Democrats for them to continue trying to launch baseless accusations against him...and for them to resort to such PETTY tactics.

Last edited:
LOL. Smear campaign fail. Funny how this never made news, and was never substantiated with actual evidence. Notice how the only alleged source who claimed he "reportedly" gave these artifacts to his "cronies"... is the New York Times. This is a hit piece, not news. The fact that we have someone using the deaths of 3,000 people to politically attack and denigrate someone angers me beyond all reason. So appalling. Christie must really scare Democrats for them to continue trying to launch baseless accusations against him...and for them to resort to such PETTY tactics.

Did you note the other part of the article:

"One time 2016 presidential candidate, Chris Christie"

Um, huh? When did he announce or when did he decided not to run, the way they word it is all the "scandals' they mention means he shamed and will not longer run or whatever...

CaféAuLait;8763812 said:
I don't have a problem with sharing the relics with other parts of the country..or world even..so long as they are treated with the proper respect and given under the right circumstances.

Where's the proof Christie did any of this? He's not even in control of these artifacts.

There isn't any.

If you note the NY Times article which is linked to in the beginning it has this title:

Even Before Fort Lee Lane Closings, Port Authority Was a Christie Tool ( a tool, what kind of journalism is that?) :eusa_shifty:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/n...s-a-christie-tool.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

Oh, indeed, calling someone a tool is something that news outlets would NEVER do, NEVER!

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool' | Fox News

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool'

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says | Fox News Latino

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says

Using Iraq as a Political Tool? | Fox News

Using Iraq as a Political Tool…

Navy SEALs used as a political tool? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool?

Yessiree, Goddamn that NYT for using the word "tool" in terms of politics. G-d knows that FOX would NEVER do that!!!!

:rofl:

CaféAuLait;8763812 said:

There isn't any.

Oh, indeed, calling someone a tool is something that news outlets would NEVER do, NEVER!

Questioner at Ryan rally 'outraged' that Obama camp used exchange as 'political tool' | Fox News

Obama Using Latinos as 'Political Tool,' Congressional Candidate Says | Fox News Latino

Using Iraq as a Political Tool? | Fox News

Using Iraq as a Political Tool…

Navy SEALs used as a political tool? | On Air Videos | Fox News

Navy SEALs used as a political tool?

Yessiree, Goddamn that NYT for using the word "tool" in terms of politics. G-d knows that FOX would NEVER do that!!!!

:rofl:

Hey, you're right. I mis-read it when I glanced at the title. I thought it said "Christie was a Tool" which would have made it an entirely different statement. My bad. As I said I screwed up. Wish I were perfect, but alas my human side showed for a moment. :D

Do you have any comments on the rest of my post you deleted by chance?

Like how they would have accomplished this. I see others stating these were gifts to democratic mayors, to get their vote. The indy pictured in the NYC article got that piece of the WTC a year before he endorsed Christie. Sounds kinda silly to believe that a piece of the wreckage would keep someone's interest or promise a year or more later.

Secaucus officials endorse Christie - NorthJersey.com

On an unrelated note, I'm curious about why you wrote "Goddamn" but then wrote "G-d". Doesn't that negate the "high degree of respect and reverence" given by writing G-d? It almost mocks such since many believe that is taking the name in vain. I'm really curious. I like to learn about religious practice.

Last edited:
Words fail me now.

Scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) reportedly gave away pieces of metal salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center as gifts to his political allies. According to the New York Times, the twisted chunks of metal were presented to a group of mayors who endorsed Christie ahead of his bid for re-election in 2013.

An investigation into Christie’s handling of the state’s Port Authority has revealed that the one-time 2016 hopeful was using the transportation nerve center as a “de facto political operation,” handing out political favors to supporters and pursuing vendettas long before the still-unexplained closing of George Washington Bridge in 2013.

The Port Authority was crucial to Christie as a means of winning the endorsement of Democrats and union leaders, said the Times, which Christie used to strip his Democratic gubernatorial challenger Barbara Buono of allies and political capital.
Revealed: Chris Christie gave pieces of 9/11 wreckage to his cronies as gifts | The Raw Story

I Could not agree more......Conservatives despise RINOS too!

His handpicked cronies at the Port Authority were.

Geeze. Is it that hard to ask you guys to bother to read the story before asking stupid questions?

Ah.

So is Cuomo just as guilty? One of his "handpicked cronies" is in the leadership too.

Forum List

Back