Is it just me or do others feel like conservatism has taken a gut punch recently?

This is related to, but also in addition to my thread about Trump being less popular or Harris being more popular. Now I could be wrong about that and also wrong about my idea that conservatism has taken a gut punch recently in the USA.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the way I see it is modern day conservatism actually reminds us a lot of the traditional Democrats of the 20th century and before that. Men and women who stood up for patriotism and honoring those who gave us America and not only this, but those who expanded this country that we live in today. And that’s why for example I honor Andrew Jackson with my screen name. Because he was a great man who was misunderstood or vilified wrongly today by the left . He was no better or worse than the Indian, African, Asian or Jew of his time.

But do others feel this? And maybe it’s because of the mass media or Hollywood. People might be asking themselves how they feel about Christianity in the USA in light of the fact that we have LGBT marriage or even this radical idea of kids getting sex change operations, which is on a whole different level compared to gay marriage. There will be those who will say “well in previous Christian societies They were even more liberal than we are today”. Others will say such things have nothing to do with Christianity, but perhaps they could be found in previous societies. Although I don’t think we can ever find a kid getting a sex operation in any society.

I feel like the Democratic Party needs to bring back traditional values or else the countries in for even more radical change. Because I feel like Republicans have failed us big time. I don’t see Republicans putting forth a Bill to build a gigantic statue of George Washington, for example. Or simply do something to rebuild the statues of great Christian European men of history that have been destroyed or vandalized by the radical criminal left. It’s Almost as if a lot of Republicans are trying to placate to the left in this country. At least that’s how I feel about the issues.

Dunno, more like reps are on life support. I mean who wins all the time...dems or reps?

reps have no hope.jpg

Dead Daddy's Dough

Why do people allow inheritance? It sets incompetents up halfway to the finish line, discrediting all the values Conservatives preach, but never practice.

This is ridiculous. I daresay that a great many people want to leave their family/children better off than they were. It is a very large motivation for creating wealth that otherwise wouldn't be there if you couldn't pass your wealth onto the next generation. I assume you would want the gov't to benefit from everyone's death, right? Who's going to bust ass then? You don't think farms, ranches, and other businesses should be inherited? What you suggest would significantly disincentivize hard work and investments.

Conservatism took a huge hit on Escalator Day, the day the most obvious con man in the history of the country began his big scam.

Christianity also took a huge hit that day. It would later sell its soul to that con man.

And of course, the country took a huge hit, and it still is.

Conservatism is not in vogue these days. Unless you are in a deep red district or state, you pretty much have to compromise with the Left to get anything done in Washington and that is just the way it is. When Trump was president he had to agree to more spending than he wanted and some things that the democrats demanded to be included in any legislation or it wouldn't get done. That is the nature of politics in a constitutional republic when you don't have 60 votes in the Senate and a firm control of the House. Guess what happens when you refuse to compromise and you end up doing nothing? In too any cases you end up getting voted out of office and the other party takes your seat in Congress.
Really? Stop making excuses for that man.

You people end up acting like Trump, spouting shit that comes into your heads -- things that do not square with reality.

The Republican Party retained their majority in both the House and the Senate, and, with inauguration of Donald Trump on January 20, 2017, attained an overall federal government trifecta for the first time since the 109th Congress in 2005. This remains the last Congress to date in which the Republican Party held a trifecta.

Several political scientists described the legislative accomplishments of this Congress as modest, considering that both Congress and the presidency were under unified Republican Party control.

Conservatism is dead. Has been for decades.
Reagan showed you guys how to lose to the left, and you have been doing it ever since. Now, most of you are leftists yourselves. Just look at Trump. He is FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from conservative.

Forum List

Back