Review a company before working there: Glassdoor.com

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
I came across a website I wanted to let people know about if they didnt. At Glassdoor.com you can anonomously review your current place of employment with Pros and Cons. And you can find out info on a company before applying. Job listings too.

Caused quite a stir when the CEO found out and didnt like the reviews lol

That's a good idea. The Yelp of the business world. Not sure how reliable it will be with it being anonymous.

Reviews can be totally phony. You can work there and quit if you don't like it, I don't see the big deal.

Umm... because this way you know before pissing away your time on a dead end.

Contrarians --- SMH

Reviews can be totally phony. You can work there and quit if you don't like it, I don't see the big deal.

Contrarians --- SMH
Or you could be a dumbfuck and believe reviews and miss out on a great job. If you worked at a job would you be inclined to go online and post a review? Or more likely if you were fired?

A company I was doing a lot of work for suddenly got taken over by some other company we never heard of. Didn't feel right. We didn't have this site cited above but we had the internets, so we came, we saw, we Googled, and we found a lot of indications about this new company that gave us much reason to suspect they were only in it for the mailing list, and would soon dump everybody that had been working there for ten, twenty, thirty years. We figured they would act out existing contractual obligations and then the axe would fall.

New Company swore up and down they were not doing that at all, rather that they were moving things to the proverbial "next level". Flew everybody up to the corporate office to sell their case. Demoed their wondrous new software that was going to make expense accounts such a breeze, took us all to a nice dinner and had the new CEO strut back and forth crowing that "you guys are gonna be busier than you've ever been!".

Four months later --- exactly one year after the takeover --- we were indeed busier than we'd ever been, looking for new jobs as they dumped everybody. What we had found from our conspiratorial research and what we concluded from it had been dead-on balls-accurate. Wasn't a damn thing we could do about it at that point but at least we knew by then that it was coming.

I came across a website I wanted to let people know about if they didnt. At Glassdoor.com you can anonomously review your current place of employment with Pros and Cons. And you can find out info on a company before applying. Job listings too.

Caused quite a stir when the CEO found out and didnt like the reviews lol

You can bet businesses are going to be screaming bloody murder when the truth of their practices gets out.

Contrarians --- SMH
Or you could be a dumbfuck and believe reviews and miss out on a great job. If you worked at a job would you be inclined to go online and post a review? Or more likely if you were fired?

If you can't tell the difference between an honest review (of anything) and a whine, then you don't know how to read reviews.

Contrarians --- SMH

If you can't tell the difference between an honest review (of anything) and a whine, then you don't know how to read reviews.
I'm not saying the reviewers would be as dumb as you.

Iceweasel doesnt believe reviews now. What does he believe besides his gut?

Iceweasel doesnt believe reviews now. What does he believe besides his gut?

He's just a contrarian dick being a dick.

I read reviews on anything I buy. It's pretty damn easy to tell the difference between somebody making a valid case about a product or service, and somebody simply whining because Numero Uno didn't get what Numero Uno wanted out of it.

I suspect Da Weasel is one of the latter reviewers and that's why he thinks his reviews don't stink.

I know Glassdoor and overall it's a pretty good site. You have to sign up before you can post a review, and sure, there's some phony reviews but when you take the big picture of a company in total and read the reviews and rating distribution, you can tell the difference between a shill and an authentic post. Really shitty companies have a high number of reviews because it's human nature to act when riled up as opposed to being content.

Another good site is sitejabber.com. I posted a review about USMB and was VERY amused to see the other reviews there. By the numbers:

Rating Distribution
5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Ooops.

Forum List

Back