Ricky Gervais Slams Hollywood Elites

I liked it. Except his praise for the Irishman. That movie was boo0o0oring

The First (@TheFirstonTV) Tweeted:
Ricky Gervais SLAMS Hollywood at the #GoldenGlobes:

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world.”

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter
This guy was absolutely F*ing HILARIUS!

"Apple roared into the TV game with 'The Morning Show,' a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. So you say you’re 'woke', but the companies you work for, Apple, Amazon, Disney... If ISIS had a streaming service you would be calling your agents."

"Gervais then mocked the stars in attendance for their relation to the late sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein. Gervais declared that Epstein didn't kill himself, prompting groans from the crowd."
-- "Shut up, I know he’s your friend but I don’t care."

On FELICITY HUFFMAN (Went to Jail Over College Admissions Scandal)
"You all look lovely all dolled up, you came here in your limos. I came here in a limo and the license plate was made by Felicity Huffman," he said to the crowd who cringed. "It’s her daughter I feel sorry for. That must be the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to her. And her dad was in 'Wild Hogs,' so..."

More Shots regarding Epstein:

"Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and, by the end, his date was too old for him. Even Prince Andrew is like, 'Come on Leo, mate. You’re nearly 50."

"Gervais concluded his scathing monologue by warning the celebrities not to make any political or "woke" statements when accepting their awards.

"You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg."

:clap:

He will probably NEVER be invited back / be allowed to host again, but that was funny as hell and spot on! Well done!

The First (@TheFirstonTV) Tweeted:
Ricky Gervais SLAMS Hollywood at the #GoldenGlobes:

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world.”

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter
Trump should give him the American Freedom medal and have him as a guest in the State of Union.
Give that award to an atheist who became famous for mocking conservatives??

What would the evangelicals think??
We’d applaud AOC if she said something logical.

Hollow promise as you know that is not going to happen.

THANK YOU, Grandpa, for seven-plus minutes of the funniest and most accurate moments I have seen in years. That is one monologue that will be talked about for years to come and surely sent much of the audience home to look in the mirror and see themselves as they really are. :thup:

I doubt that there will be any soul searching there.
They will continue to be idiots.

To me, the only person in Hollywood who has an idea about how things go in the real world is my most favorite actor, Bronson Pinchot, I love him so much!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I may not know everything about him yet, but I've done enough homework on him already, and its true. From the ground up is where it all began for the beautiful precious gentleman.

To me, the only person in Hollywood who has an idea about how things go in the real world is my most favorite actor, Bronson Pinchot, I love him so much!

Holly

P.S. I may not know everything about him yet, but I've done enough homework on him already, and its true. From the ground up is where it all began for the beautiful precious gentleman.
Gary Sinise.

He will probably NEVER be invited back / be allowed to host again, but that was funny as hell and spot on! Well done!
Gervais has been doing the Golden Globes for four or five years now basically rubbing Hollywood's noses in shame though I thought this time he was particularly on target and hard hitting and I thought most of the audience got all the jokes and
could laugh at themselves. So good for them, for the most part.

Sometimes someone stands up and points out the emperor has no clothes and everyone sees it's true.
Gervais should do the Oscars but I doubt Hollywood wants all their warts pointed out in front of that audience.

I thought this was a landmark moment in truth telling and so spot on!

Gervais has been doing the Golden Globes for four or five years now basically rubbing Hollywood's noses in shame though I thought this time he was particularly on target and hard hitting and I thought most of the audience got all the jokes and
could laugh at themselves. So good for them, for the most part.

Sometimes someone stands up and points out the emperor has no clothes and everyone sees it's true.
Gervais should do the Oscars but I doubt Hollywood wants all their warts pointed out in front of that audience.

I thought this was a landmark moment in truth telling and so spot on!

Ha! Tom Hanks didn’t seem to think it was funny!

how dare Gruesome Gervais blow up Hollywood before getting approval from Congress?!

Holly

Interesting.

As an aside, my new next-door neighbor worked in Pinchot's show on flipping houses.

Forum List

Back