Ricky Gervais Slams Hollywood Elites

The First (@TheFirstonTV) Tweeted:
Ricky Gervais SLAMS Hollywood at the #GoldenGlobes:

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world.”

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter
Trump should give him the American Freedom medal and have him as a guest in the State of Union.
Give that award to an atheist who became famous for mocking conservatives??

What would the evangelicals think??
We’d applaud AOC if she said something logical.
She does.....

You have just been programmed to think that large pharma companies charging US patients 5 times the amount of what they charge Europeans is a good idea....because AOC is DIRECTLY against it - and proposed legislation about it, not just ran her mouth about it like Trump does...

Your and idiot. AOC is the dumbest person ever in politics. Her own party is try to get rid of her. If the census comes out the way they plan she will be gone. You just a pathetic brainwashed libtard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, the only person in Hollywood who has an idea about how things go in the real world is my most favorite actor, Bronson Pinchot, I love him so much!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I may not know everything about him yet, but I've done enough homework on him already, and its true. From the ground up is where it all began for the beautiful precious gentleman.
Interesting.

As an aside, my new next-door neighbor worked in Pinchot's show on flipping houses.
I don't know if the properties were actually flipped, but they were supposed to have been restored in some way because that is what Bronson loves to do when not in Hollywood.

God bless you and him and your new neighbor always!!!

Holly

How the fuck can teasing huge corporations, and the richest, most privileged people in the world be considered right wing?

British sense of humour at its finest

To me, the only person in Hollywood who has an idea about how things go in the real world is my most favorite actor, Bronson Pinchot, I love him so much!

Holly

P.S. I may not know everything about him yet, but I've done enough homework on him already, and its true. From the ground up is where it all began for the beautiful precious gentleman.
Interesting.

As an aside, my new next-door neighbor worked in Pinchot's show on flipping houses.
I don't know if the properties were actually flipped, but they were supposed to have been restored in some way because that is what Bronson loves to do when not in Hollywood.

God bless you and him and your new neighbor always!!!

Holly
Yeah, that might be it. I only remember Pinchot from some sitcom he was in. The neighbor said he worked for him doing a show on houses. I guess I assumed it was flipping them. My bad.

I just had to look it up. That sitcom was Perfect Strangers.

^^^ I love to watch him in that show so much. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. His other notable credits are Beverly Hills Cop, True Romance, and The Langoliers.

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world.”

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter
Trump should give him the American Freedom medal and have him as a guest in the State of Union.

We’d applaud AOC if she said something logical.
She does.....

You have just been programmed to think that large pharma companies charging US patients 5 times the amount of what they charge Europeans is a good idea....because AOC is DIRECTLY against it - and proposed legislation about it, not just ran her mouth about it like Trump does...

Your and idiot. AOC is the dumbest person ever in politics. Her own party is try to get rid of her. If the census comes out the way they plan she will be gone. You just a pathetic brainwashed libtard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love AOC. She’s one of Trump 2020’s hardest workers.

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter

Here you go! :2up:

He was freaking AMAZING! :laugh: :clap:

qRBmOmx.jpg

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Gervais isn't out to squash them, he just doesn't like/understand them/.
Most atheists don't like or understand bible thumpers....nor are they out to "squash them" -- unless you think "squashing" is demanding some type of evidence

The whole concept of faith basically precludes evidence, something atheists can't or refuse to grasp.

ForAmerica on Twitter

The First on Twitter

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Gervais isn't out to squash them, he just doesn't like/understand them/.
Most atheists don't like or understand bible thumpers....nor are they out to "squash them" -- unless you think "squashing" is demanding some type of evidence

The whole concept of faith basically precludes evidence, something atheists can't or refuse to grasp.
What’s more, atheists don’t even realize that it requires a faith to be atheist. Unless they know something they aren’t telling the rest of us, which they don’t.

What’s more, atheists don’t even realize that it requires a faith to be atheist. Unless they know something they aren’t telling the rest of us, which they don’t.

It depends on the degree of atheism. To me a lot of it is just denial of the reality of death, and the unknown status of existence afterwards.

As Hollywood award shows go that was the exception not the rule it was a refreshing change though. If he were to host the Oscars I might watch that again at least for his opening monologue.

Ricky was AWSUM!

And it's pretty clear the Church of Perpetual Butthurt will put out a Twitter Fatwa on him.

It depends on the degree of atheism. To me a lot of it is just denial of the reality of death, and the unknown status of existence afterwards.
Atheism is pretty much absolute. I think you’re confusing agnosticism.

FOX news reports:

"Dan Crenshaw on Tuesday defended comedian Ricky Gervais' incendiary jokes that made fun of Hollywood celebrities' political grandstanding and went viral on social media.

⁣“Ricky has done a much deeper and more important service to our country than just making us laugh. He’s illuminating their hypocrisy in a way that they might actually change, because how many of those actors made some annoying political speech after that?” Crenshaw said on “Fox & Friends,” noting that Gervais had the "support of the people.""

Or a way for hipsters to be way above it all. Can't say much about atheists other then most secretly are closet Christians and typical felt bullied by a church when they were little.

Forum List

Back