🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right Wing Death Squad: Active duty Marine plotted to bomb DNC, murder blacks

Well this is embarrassing.... sorry, I missed that.

They revealed why... because Pence wouldn't send slates back to the states Trump lost. How did you not know that?
Okay, so you asked a question you already thought you knew the answer for, so why should I bother answering it?
I was checking to see if you would admit the answer. Turned out, you wouldn't.

The bottom line as related to the real target here (TRUMP!) is that they decided on their own that talking tough about Pence and rioting was a good idea. Claiming TRUMP! incited insurrection when he clearly told everyone to protest peacefully is a monumental stretch, (especially considering it started while he was still making his speech) and quite frankly is reflected in the fact that no one has been charged yet with insurrection. Why do you think that is? I mean, a bunch of random internet keyboard jockeys insist it was one and they've arrested hundreds, but nobody gets charged?

Basically this was, as I've stated before, a protest that turned into a riot.
The fact is the Capitol wasn't breached until after his speech. It's also a fact that some protesters at the Capitol were shouting to storm the Capitol while he was still speaking.

But that's irrelevant.

My question was a two-parter. You avoided answering the first part, so you can imagine why I'm doubtful you'll answer the second part. And yes, I already know the answer to this too. Again, I just want to see if you're willing to admit it...

Part 2: Who told America the vice president could unilaterally reject electoral votes and send them back to the states from whence they came?
I know what you're getting at so I'm not playing the game and I'm going straight to the point.

1. You ultimately want to make the case that TRUMP! incited people to attempt assassinating the Vice President, thus making him guilty of insurrection against his own administration and what, wearing white after Labor Day?
2. He did not do that. He told no one to attack anyone. Yeah, he was ticked off at some people. TRUMP! gets ticked off at a lot of people, but he's not stupid enough to tell people to try overthrowing the government with their bare hands.
3. He told the listeners to his speech to protest peacefully. You omit that.
4. The riot started BEFORE his speech was done, which weakens the case that the rioters were "incited" to attempt overthrowing the government with their bare hands. Not irrelevant at all.

The above is one big reason why anyone is yet to be charged with insurrection. Even the rabid prosecution knows that they would have a tough job selling a riot as a full-blown insurrection, and a REALLY tough job selling that TRUMP! planned the whole thing (except to the usual foaming suspect who will believe and glom onto any shred of anything, no matter how weak and disproven, that supports the narrative).
It's not a game. And it's not about just that one day. It started before the election when Trump started prepping his base that the election is rigged if he loses. He then sent that into hyperdrive when he did lose. He spent two months drilling into their collective heads that he was robbed. That's on him, no one else. He had his opportunity to challenge it following the process established since the inception of this nation and he failed and that should have been that. But instead of being a statesman, he marched forward like a 4 year old, stomping his feet. Of course, his base believes him wholeheartedly so he owns whatever results from his actions. He tried to get states to find votes to flip for him. That failed him and that infuriated his base. He tried to get states to submit alternate slates of electors to ignore the will of the people. Some actually did that. By the time Congress was prepared to certify the election, Trump convinced his base that despite losing the election, despite utterly failing to prove widespread fraud, despite his own government saying the election was fair, despite every state certifying their respective elections, despite virtually every claim of fraud being debunked, Trump threw one last hail mary to his base -- the lie that the VP could unilaterally reject electors without Congress. Do that and he wins the election he lost. And as always, his base believed every word he said. ALL that is on him. No one else. Pence, to his credit, sided with the Constitution, not Trump. THAT is the reason our Capitol was stormed on January 6th with Trump supporters calling Pence a "traitor" and hunting for him. That's the reason Pence, and Congress, had to be scurried away for their own safety. The people who stormed the Capitol are absolutely responsible for their actions -- but so is Trump. The Capitol would never have been attacked if not for the actions and outright lies of Donald Trump. He is responsible. And he should be held accountable.

How did Pence do that? You know it was his duty as VP to officiate the certification, right?
If he were not present biden would still certified
You said...

"Mike Pence chose to side with the corrupt swamp rats and that what people were angry about"

What did Pence do that pissed off people? Abided by the Constitution?

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Pence is a Republican. Why were Trump supporters in the Capitol looking for him, calling him a traitor and calling for his death?
<crickets>
Getting impatient?
Just pointing out you didn't answer.
Didn't see it. I'm not always on here and don't see every update.
So I brought it to your attention. Here it is again so you don't have to look for it...

Pence is a Republican. Why were Trump supporters in the Capitol looking for him, calling him a traitor and calling for his death?
Post #676.
Well this is embarrassing.... sorry, I missed that.

They revealed why... because Pence wouldn't send slates back to the states Trump lost. How did you not know that?
Okay, so you asked a question you already thought you knew the answer for, so why should I bother answering it? The bottom line as related to the real target here (TRUMP!) is that they decided on their own that talking tough about Pence and rioting was a good idea. Claiming TRUMP! incited insurrection when he clearly told everyone to protest peacefully is a monumental stretch, (especially considering it started while he was still making his speech) and quite frankly is reflected in the fact that no one has been charged yet with insurrection. Why do you think that is? I mean, a bunch of random internet keyboard jockeys insist it was one and they've arrested hundreds, but nobody gets charged?

Basically this was, as I've stated before, a protest that turned into a riot.
It was an insurrection.
Of course it was. Insurrection is a revolt against the government and those Trump supporters stormed the Capitol to revolt against Biden's election victory from being certified by Congress.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
There is no reverse discrimination against whites when the school is majority white.
Wrong

Students are admitted based on merit - except when affirmative action comes into play

Then it depends skin color which is unAmerican

Pence didn't certify the election. Congress did. Your ignorance of the Constitution is noted.
In that case you are telling us Pence didn't need to be there

Which is what I have been saying

Where did I say he wasn't "vital" to the process??
In what way was Pence needed to make biden president?

The answer is that he wasn't needed
Moron, read the Constitution...

AMENDMENT XII

the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; -- The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President

The vice president is constitutionally required to be there.

The vice president is constitutionally required to be there.
So you are telling us that if pence didnt show up biden would not be president today?

Think carefully before answering

Forum List

Back