Right-Wingers: What's different about Syria?

What is the difference in rationale between Iraq and Syria?

• Dictator/Tyrant has WMD capability
  • Fight them there so we don't have to fight them here
  • Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Right-Wing refusal to back strikes proves that Iraq really was only about controlling the oil.

Did you support Bush's war in Iraq?
I'm not a Right-Winger, retard.

Get someone smart to read the OP to you.

* UN inspectors report completed
- Bush: Yes
- Obama: No

* UN Security Council Authorization

* Coalition of the Willing

* Authorization from Congress

* Goal of Regime Change:

You are not answering my question, Sherry.

Why aren't RW-ers supporting a strike on Syria?

Obviously, they supported striking Iraq, otherwise Congressional Republicans wouldn't have authorized it.

If the UN inspector reports say that Assad used gas, will you support a strike?

Yes, I did. You asked for the differences that would lead to such rationale. I listed them. Our intervention in Iraq didn't happen overnight. The Bush admin had to build their case. Obama has not been successful to this point in accomplishing that goal. BTW, if this is all designed for you to make RWer's look like hypocrites, be careful...because right now, the left doesn't have a leg to stand on in that regard if they are supporting this action.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Right-Wing refusal to back strikes proves that Iraq really was only about controlling the oil.

When framed in a simplistic way such as this ,no there isn't.So you were good with Iraq then right?
No, I wasn't, for the simple reason that it was never proven that Saddam had WMDs in 2003. It was all intel-based.

Not so in Syria, where chemicals have already been used.

But I am asking for Right-Wing rationales, not Liberals. Right-Wingers were perfectly fine with Bush's assertion of WMDs.

What's different now? (oil, oil, oil)

Oil isn't even the difference this go-round.

I'd like to see this "proof" that Ass-hat did this

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

So you ask a question then you give the answer. Arguing with yourself is the only way you can win I guess.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Did you support Bush's war in Iraq?
I'm not a Right-Winger, retard.

Get someone smart to read the OP to you.

You poor little booby. If you had a shred of intellectual honesty, you'd be happy to see opposition to this thoroughly corrupt attempt by Obama to "save face".

The big difference is in Syria the government isn't using WMDs, it's the terrorists who are using them in a civil war that we should stay out of.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Question to Obama, what's the difference between Syria and Iraq?

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

When framed in a simplistic way such as this ,no there isn't.So you were good with Iraq then right?
No, I wasn't, for the simple reason that it was never proven that Saddam had WMDs in 2003. It was all intel-based.

But I am asking for Right-Wing rationales, not Liberals. Right-Wingers were perfectly fine with Bush's assertion of WMDs.

You are an even bigger moron than I previously thought. What do you think Saddam gased the Kurds with? His farts? Dumbass.

There's nothing different.

We should not have invaded Iraq and we should not bomb Syria.

If humanitarianism is driving the fierce urgency of now, then why isn't Obama equally concerned about Coptic Christians in Egypt, the victims in Darfur, the state owned slaves in North Korea....

[/LIST]

No, it was about ridding that country of a murderous dictator who violated the UN sanctions on him over 17 times. The Iraqi's are now liberated and have free elections now. We did the right thing. So far, there is no proof that Assad has gassed his own people.

That was not the reason we were given for getting into Iraq. It was WMD's. There was no proof of WMD usage
Didn't you read that I called Saddam a murderous dictator? How did he murder? Answer. He authorized the usage of WMD's against the Kurds killing thousands. So far there is no proof Assad has used WMD's against his own people. What we do have is a tape released the other day of a Al-Qaeda leader Nadeem Baloosh admitting to using chemicals against Syrian civilians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5kda1KhqlU]SYRIA Jihadist Admits To Having & Using Toxic Gas, Justifies Killing Women & Children - YouTube[/ame]

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

A Democratic President is in office.

He's now in a second term.

Things were supposed to be different.

They're not and that's why you're asking Republicans.

:eusa_whistle:

You make your the other sides point.

:D

* UN inspectors report completed

* UN Security Council Authorization

* Coalition of the Willing

* Authorization from Congress

* Goal of Regime Change:

You are not answering my question, Sherry.

Why aren't RW-ers supporting a strike on Syria?

Obviously, they supported striking Iraq, otherwise Congressional Republicans wouldn't have authorized it.

If the UN inspector reports say that Assad used gas, will you support a strike?

Yes, I did. You asked for the differences that would lead to such rationale. I listed them. Our intervention in Iraq didn't happen overnight. The Bush admin had to build their case. Obama has not been successful to this point in accomplishing that goal. BTW, if this is all designed for you to make RWer's look like hypocrites, be careful...because right now, the left doesn't have a leg to stand on in that regard if they are supporting this action.

He's just not very bright. What can you do? :dunno:

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

a lot:

1) does not impact the US at all

2)we have been exhausted by 12 years of wars

3) we don't have money

4) there are no "good sides" to support in this war

5) if Israel thinks it's dangerous for them - they can fight that war. Not US.

6) and yet AGAIN - we have no dog in the fight, so we should not get involved.

7) nothing bad about controlling the oil - it IS in our best interest

8) it' actually NOT oil - it is natural gas - if Europe wants diversification of it's market - they should fight for it, not us.

Last edited:
BTW, hindsight is 20/20, and there are people who initially supported Iraq, but then regretted that decision. On the flip side, are there any on the left who regret not supporting Iraq?? Lessons can be learned, but if we're doing a comparison between now and then, it seems supporters on the left for Syria have a lot more explaining to do.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

And we got all that cheap oil from Iraq due to that brilliant plot by W?

:lmao:

Another lame-ass lolberal engaged in clear self-refutation.

Oil isn't even the difference this go-round.

I'd like to see this "proof" that Ass-hat did this
You will!

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

And we got all that cheap oil from Iraq due to that brilliant plot by W?

:lmao:

Another lame-ass lolberal engaged in clear self-refutation.

I've been looking for that cheap oil ever since, too/

RaceTrac is pretty good, but.....

Forum List

Back