RIP to an all time Kansas U/Green Bay Packers football legend: John Hadl

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
John Hadl enjoyed a banner day in 1975 when he passed for 275 yards and two touchdowns against the Giants and performed an a cappella version of Scarborough Fair in the huddle that brought two offensive linemen to tears

FZvUUnuXgAEEefh

Oh my, I completely forgot he played for the Packers. . As a very little kid I remember him in the old AFL with the Chargers and he would light it up with Lance Alworth who was just about the very best wide receiver in either league! Hadl loved to throw the ball and the Chargers were electric, at least to me. Of course they would lose to the Bills in the championship a few times, but always loved that team. Thanks for reporting this to an audience that almost no one ever heard of John Hadl and have even less interest in knowing now. RIP, John.
1669842398050.png
1669842425154.png

Attachments

• 1669842307395.png
    1669842307395.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 7
Oh my, I completely forgot he played for the Packers. . As a very little kid I remember him in the old AFL with the Chargers and he would light it up with Lance Alworth who was just about the very best wide receiver in either league! Hadl loved to throw the ball and the Chargers were electric, at least to me. Of course they would lose to the Bills in the championship a few times, but always loved that team. Thanks for reporting this to an audience that almost no one ever heard of John Hadl and have even less interest in knowing now. RIP, John.
View attachment 732868View attachment 732869
I had no idea that Mr Hadl played for the Packers. I was growing up in San Diego when he played QB for the Chargers, and it just so happens that my high school football coach Earl Faison was one of his former teammates, and Mr. Hadl along with Lance Alworth used to come and watch us practice occasionally, and visit with coach Faison.

They were both really great guys. Some of my fondest memories were watching John Hadl and Lance Alworth scorch opposing defenses in Balboa Stadium on Sundays.

RIP John Hadl!

View attachment 732868View attachment 732869
:thankusmile: Indeed I am flabbergasted,I never knew he ever played for the packers,I just thought he played for the San Diego chargers and my LARams jehanne1431 I got to talk with him like 8 years ago up at his ku office,the guy is a class guy.I asked him if he was in favor of the Rams coming back to LA and he said yes.he thought the same as I did that they did not belong in St. Louis and never should have left.that makes him a class act in my book.:thup:

I guarantee he is rolling over in his grave thst the NFL did the next unthinkable act after moving the Rams out of LA,having the chargers leave San Diego for there,I guarantee that has got him rolling over in his grave now as we speak.he is also rolling over in it on how corrupt the NFL has become sense his days appalled over these owners how they put a shiny brand new state of the art stadium ahead of history.that the game is all about state of the art stadiums now instead of history and tradition..:mad:

Forum List

Back