RIP Toni Morrison...obama:"Toni Morrison was a national treasure"

"In the beginning was the Word. Toni Morrison took the word and turned it into a Song…of Solomon, of Sula, Beloved, Mercy, Paradise Love, and more.
She was our conscience. Our seer. Our truth-teller.
She was a magician with language, who understood the Power of words. She used them to roil us, to wake us, to educate us and help us grapple with our deepest wounds and try to comprehend them.
It is exhilarating and life-enhancing every time I read and share her work.

She was Empress-Supreme among writers. Long may her WORDS reign!" - Oprah

"In the beginning was the Word. Toni Morrison took the word and turned it into a Song…of Solomon, of Sula, Beloved, Mercy, Paradise Love, and more.
She was our conscience. Our seer. Our truth-teller.
She was a magician with language, who understood the Power of words. She used them to roil us, to wake us, to educate us and help us grapple with our deepest wounds and try to comprehend them.
It is exhilarating and life-enhancing every time I read and share her work.

She was Empress-Supreme among writers. Long may her WORDS reign!" - Oprah
Thanks for the tribute, Basque. She deserves it.

Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison dies

In the passing of Toni Morrison, we lost one of our greatest voices and storytellers. Holding close those touched by her being and her gift. Her work gave us power, hope, and freedom. While our world shines a little less bright today, we know "something that is loved is never lost."
Never heard of her. Should I have?
if you're interested in black liberation theology, yes

In the passing of Toni Morrison, we lost one of our greatest voices and storytellers. Holding close those touched by her being and her gift. Her work gave us power, hope, and freedom. While our world shines a little less bright today, we know "something that is loved is never lost."
I'm not interested in black liberation theology and I loved her work.

I never heard of her before last night. Appreciated the chance to hear the tributes given to her, I was given understanding on why she was she was somebody special to so many.

Now on the other side of the coin, sure it was a tragic life for RFK's granddaughter and I feel sorry for her and her family. But the treatment of the Kennedy clan as if they are some sort of American royalty is something I wish the media would get over.

pair-hands-releasing-white-dove-260nw-31786483.jpg

Well, that explains that!

I googled her and found this quote
She is a friend of my mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.

I see English is a problem for her.

She is a friend of my mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.

That was beautiful, actually. I think the person who really has a problem is you.

That was beautiful, actually. I think the person who really has a problem is you.
You'd think a "novelist" would have a better command of the English language, but maybe you dont expect much from our black population. I do.

I'm saddened that her voice is gone, but it lives on in her books, which I could read over and over again. She was 88; she had a good long run. We can't keep people forever, no matter how good and wise they are.

I hate to hear her raked over the coals like this by some of our nastiest racists, but you know what? She wouldn't have cared. “I know the world is bruised and bleeding, and though it is important not to ignore its pain, it is also critical to refuse to succumb to its malevolence.” - Toni Morrison

Her work was often involved in painful stuff, but it never left a reader feeling depressed. She somehow pulled us up by the heartstrings. I don't know how to say it right. Her books are magical and awesome and she could give two shits about men like Snouter and Eric. So I won't give two shits either.

You'd think a "novelist" would have a better command of the English language, but maybe you dont expect much from our black population. I do.
If you pulled up quotes of hers, you know she had a fine command of the English language AND the ability to write in the vernacular when she wanted to.

If shitstain obama said she was a national treasure then she was most certainly a worthless hack.

The thing is the anti-White hack being mourned overshadows some brilliant African-American poets. Phyllis Wheatley for example. Born in Africa where African savages sold her to slave traders, she eventually ended up in Boston where the family that purchased educated her and taught her to read and write poetry. And that was the mid-1770's. So much for hundreds of years of "racism."

Forum List

Back