Robert Gates confirms Obama admitted opposing surge for "politics"

2cz59o4.jpg

This thread needs more Benghazi.

In his new book, Robert Gates confirms conversations between himself and Barack Obama in which the president admitted to him that he opposed the "surge" strategy simply for political purposes.

In other words, he was willing to let Americans die horrible deaths and not attempt to win the war in order to score political points for his own selfish advantage.

Absolutely, positively disgusting. And this is the selfish, arrogant, self-absorbed sociopath that the Dumbocrats worship and defend here on USMB.

Ex-Defense Secretary Gates Takes Aim At Obama In New Book : The Two-Way : NPR

The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political.

He didn't say HIS opposition fool.

Even more funny, Obama opposed the war from the beginning. He was right.

Obama opposed going after Bin Laden several times prior to the raid.

Panetta was going to do it on his own volition.

Uh oh. You better prove that or someone might start stalking you for being a dumbass shitstain.

Remember the flak Obama took for saying he would go after Bin Laden even if it were in a "sovereign country"?

In July 2008, CNN's Larry King interviewed then-presidential candidate John McCain. The host asked the Republican senator, "If you were president and knew that bin Laden was in Pakistan, you know where, would you have U.S. forces go in after him?"

McCain said he would not.

Here's how it is for me.

One thing I always had faith in despite being political opponents was the Clinton's love for the country and for her people.

I'm sick to death of this sociopath oh historic sociopath and his unelected side kick Jarrett who for some insane reason some how hold the reigns of power and don't have a clue what they are doing.

Maybe he's going to try to run himself.

Can you get any stupider in your posts? ANd yes, that's a serious question.

The irony. Speaking of stupid posts, may I remind you of this one you posted awhile ago?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8423364-post43.html

Oh do you have some kind of refutation for what I wrote? Some sort of evidence?
No, of course not.
You can just answer my question and say "I have not yet begun to stupid."

In his new book, Robert Gates confirms conversations between himself and Barack Obama in which the president admitted to him that he opposed the "surge" strategy simply for political purposes.

In other words, he was willing to let Americans die horrible deaths and not attempt to win the war in order to score political points for his own selfish advantage.

Absolutely, positively disgusting. And this is the selfish, arrogant, self-absorbed sociopath that the Dumbocrats worship and defend here on USMB.

Ex-Defense Secretary Gates Takes Aim At Obama In New Book : The Two-Way : NPR

The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political.

He didn't say HIS opposition fool.

Even more funny, Obama opposed the war from the beginning. He was right.

It was his opposition. Who else opposed it?
He opposed the war and he opposed the surge. Both were wrong. He tried to duplicate the surge in Afghanistan and got his ass handed to him by people living in the Bronze Age. How fail is that? About as fail as an RDerp post.

I want to post on this thread - but I don't want to post on this thread.

However, I watched CNN this morning and was astonished at the amount of time they gave to this book!

The main theme was that Gates calls Obama inept and politically driven while Uncle Joe hasn't had a realistic or reasonable approach to foreign affairs in his entire life.

What astonished me is that they didn't have a single contributor trying to dispute or blacken the revelations.

Sadly, none of this will have an affect on the political landscape. The brain-dead drones will vote for Hillary and other Democrats without having the faintest idea what they're doing. Our only prayer - and hope - is that the GOP will increase seats in the House and take the gavel away from Dingy Harry in the Senate. :cool:

Forum List

Back