robotics : dreaming away on the job?

There, that's better, that's a much better way to say it.

I don't recall saying you were, but you are responsible for the words you choose yes?

Right.

An untrue claim is an error of reasoning though not of personality.

A little, I learn new things every day, or I hope I do.

OK but what does this imply for human consciousness? How does a conscious system differ from an unconscious one? are there tests we can perform on a system to determine if it is conscious or not? We have the Turing test (I suppose) is there anything else?

When you say "there's a model of neurons as oscillators" do you mean they exhibit periodicity? As you know a periodic function can always be decomposed into a sum of sine functions, is fully described by that sum, so does the neuron model you refer to have that behavior?
It's one thing to be a creationist with the justification of using it to explain what we don't know.. yet: The Origin of the Universe or the first spark of life. {tho evidence points to natural abiogenesis. ie self-replicating non-living molecules)

It takes a whole different amount of blind denial/Idiocy (and religion) to be an anti-evolution creationist and deny Overwhelming EVIDENCE of more than 170 years.
We've had an explosion of new sciences in that period and all relevant ones help support Evo. Everything from Isotopic dating to DNA, and more.
(and still nothing in the wrong strata after millions of fossils found)

`

Last edited:
It's one thing to be a creationist with the justification of using it to explain what we don't know.. yet: The Origin of the Universe or the first spark of life. {tho evidence points to natural abiogenesis. ie self-replicating non-living molecules)

It takes a whole different amount of blind denial/Idiocy to be an anti-evolution creationist and deny Overwhelming EVIDENCE of more than 170 years.
We've had an explosion of new sciences in that period and all relevant ones help support Evo. Everything from Isotopic dating to DNA, and more.
(and still nothing in the wrong strata after millions of fossils found)
I must ask, are you disputing something I actually said or just expressing your general opinion?

I must ask, are you disputing something I actually said or just expressing your general opinion?
the former, and I've already refuted it in quoting you previously. (such as your 'explosion' attempt) as well as another. my last was just a basically a repeat of a previous post to you. The few I bother responding to, that is. bye.

EDIT: note the whiff below of this poster who relies on semantic gymnastics to participate at all.
`

Last edited:
the former, and I've already refuted it in quoting you previously. (such as your 'explosion' attempt) as well as another. my last was just a basically a repeat of a previous post to you. The few I bother responding to, that is.
I doubt what you said qualifies as a refutation, more of a rebuttal.

Forum List

Back