Robots and AI Replaced Americas Workforce

Today robots replace us and take our jobs, I worked at GM in Atlanta in 1973-74. I was amazed how different it is now,

If you compare that video you posted, where they're assembling the rice burners overseas, to modern American factories, you see a lot more human involvement on the American assembly lines.

Somebody needs to explain their personal definition of "few" before trying to use the word.

And building them.

And if it was still 100 people as you claim, then nobody would buy the product because it would be too expensive.

Every single industry has downsized the number of employees, as that is often the largest single expenditure in almost any business.

When I worked fast food 40 years ago, it was not unusual to have a crew of 10 or more on duty at any one time. Today, that is more commonly from 3 to 5. When labor costs grow so large, then the companies have to either cut costs, or raise prices. This is simply business.

Have you ever been inside a automobile plant? It is big and you can walk a city block down just one lane, there are at least 2 lines in every building.
Every 90 seconds a car is driving off the lot, add that up and see how many autos are being made compared to employees building them. Lots of money being made by the manufacturers.
I had 90 seconds to lift a seat off conveyor,place it inside the car, fasten it down. A car or truck coming every minute and a half.

You would think that 12 million is just a bit more than "few."

268,000 is a long way from 12 million, where did you get your numbers?

After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:

www.zippia.com/assembly-worker-jobs/demographics/

• There are over 268,133 assembly workers currently employed in the United States.
  • 46.3% of all assembly workers are women, while 53.7% are men.
  • The average age of an employed assembly worker is 43 years old.
  • The most common ethnicity of assembly workers is White (64.3%), followed by Black or African American (13.5%) and Hispanic or Latino (11.8%).

More items

Have you ever been inside a automobile plant? It is big and you can walk a city block down just one lane, there are at least 2 lines in every building.

Actually, I have. Several of them.

The old GM Plant in Van Nuys was not far from where I lived, and I visited it several times growing up.

I also used to work in the old Nash Plant in El Segundo, but it had already been converted to a Satellite Factory by then.

I also visited NUMMI for a job interview back when Toyota still ran it.

If you compare that video you posted, where they're assembling the rice burners overseas, to modern American factories, you see a lot more human involvement on the American assembly lines.

Wrong! How long did it take you to try and prove I was mistaken about assembly lines? Corvettes are sawed off versions of cars with big engines.
Robots are not cost efficient for small auto factory's.

Wrong! How long did it take you to try and prove I was mistaken about assembly lines? Corvettes are sawed off versions of cars with big engines.
Robots are not cost efficient for small auto factory's.

I wasn't trying to prove that you were mistaken. There's nothing to be had by it.

Was just adding to the discussion

I wasn't trying to prove that you were mistaken. There's nothing to be had by it.

Was just adding to the discussion

You put up false info to prove me wrong. You were a different person 10 years ago on the other site.

He never does. And generally can not prove anything.

He just repeats himself ad nauseum, as if that is supposed to mean something.

I don't know him so I can't tell. I don't see how this subject become so flaming, can you?

Ok ,it seemed different.

Well, you are kind of right to some extent. I've noticed the tenor in the way that I communicate with people on this board has grown more negative.

There's a lot of negative energy on this board, compared to the laid back nature of the other one. It's a divide and conquer type of atmosphere.

I have, at times, found it rubbing off on me.

That doesn't mean I'm not the same me.

It just means I need to probably be a little more self-aware when I notice that happening.

Really should try to bring that old board back, honestly.

Well, you are kind of right to some extent. I've noticed the tenor in the way that I communicate with people on this board has grown more negative.

There's a lot of negative energy on this board, compared to the laid back nature of the other one. It's a divide and conquer type of atmosphere.

I have, at times, found it rubbing off on me.

That doesn't mean I'm not the same me.

It just means I need to probably be a little more self-aware when I notice that happening.

Really should try to bring that old board back, honestly.

Thats ok we all are tensed up these days, but I don't see that old board ever being revised, but it was fun while it lasted,huh?

Forum List

Back