Roger Moore has died

I must have missed something. I didn't know that there were any good James Bond films. Then again, I didn't like any of the Star Wars, or Rocky movies either.

Yanno what I actually tried to watch Star Wars. Twice. Fell asleep both times.
I never play video games, even though I spent a small fortune on play station and xbox games for my two boys over the years. Huge waste of time I always thought.

Back in the early 70's I did go through an Asteroids phase though--my buddies and I would ride our bikes about 12 miles to the bowling alley and shoot pool, play foozball, pinball and Asteroids.

All that bike riding is probably what gave you assteroids.

I must have missed something. I didn't know that there were any good James Bond films. Then again, I didn't like any of the Star Wars, or Rocky movies either.

Was it Star Wars that had something to do with a guy named George Lucas?

I was in New Orleans sitting at Café du Monde entertaining a visiting friend who had gone all Hollywood, working in animation or special effects or whatever. She mentioned the name "George Lucas". I said, "who"?

Her jaw dropped to the floor. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO GEORGE LUCAS IS??"

"Well, uh ....nnnno".

We made a bet. We would ask the next random stranger who came by if they knew who George Lucas is. The next guy who came by, she stopped him. "Do you know who George Lucas is?"

Dude looked puzzled. "Is he one of the waiters?"

Shoulda made her bet more.

I never play video games, even though I spent a small fortune on play station and xbox games for my two boys over the years. Huge waste of time I always thought.

Back in the early 70's I did go through an Asteroids phase though--my buddies and I would ride our bikes about 12 miles to the bowling alley and shoot pool, play foozball, pinball and Asteroids.

All that bike riding is probably what gave you assteroids.
Actually it was Space Invaders first then asteroids came along after that. My memories are a little fuzzier 45 years later.

Forum List

Back