Roger Moore has died

He played bond more than any other actor but i never cared for him. His bond movies were too light-hearted . Pierce Brosnan was the best bond.

I don't think Pierce would have lasted long as 007. Too arrogant and pompous, he would have "fallen off a cliff" not too long into his career.

This being said I enjoy all Bond actors, even Daniel Craig who never fully convinced me he was 007.

DAhV-IuXoAAyGJK.jpg

RogerMooreRIP-640x480.jpg

RIP Roger Moore.

He was more suave, insouciant and had better hair and eyebrows than me.

Did he smoke? I dunno. Can't remember.

This being said I enjoy all Bond actors, even Daniel Craig who never fully convinced me he was 007.

Yes - all the bonds have been good. That's why the series goes on and on. Even george lazenby who played bond just once and was roundly criticized, was very good. He played the bond who got married.

Yes - all the bonds have been good. That's why the series goes on and on. Even george lazenby who played bond just once and was roundly criticized, was very good. He played the bond who got married.
He's now considered one of the best Bonds. Even that movie is now considered one of the best and If he wouldn't have listened to his stupid agent who talked him into walking away from a 7 film contract, he would have been our Bond during the 70's and early 80's.

Last edited:
RIP Roger...my wife thought you were the best.....

Moore would later become a good representative for UNICEF.

Good man.

Sean Connery was the only good Bond. Moore was in that incredibly drab The Saint series while Connery was creating James Bond.
I liked Moore in practically everything but Bond movies. Kept reminding me of The Saint.
RIP

I just came across this Tweet from this gentleman who had met Roger Moore as a child. I thought it needed to be shared. A little long (oxymoron) but it is worth a read.

dd-composite-roger-moore21.jpg

Pretty good stuff.

Never missed him in The Saint.

I have however never seen a Bond film without Sean Connery, nor will I.

Never missed him in The Saint.

I have however never seen a Bond film without Sean Connery, nor will I.

That'll show 'em.

I never saw The Saint but I was told he used my first car.

Dafuk are they thinking, chasing a P1800 with a Trabant.

Forum List

Back