Roman Catholicism: The One True Church?

People who believe yet fail to follow. Eating from the tree of life and then remaining in sin, falling away from truth or denying truth after accepting it.

So, i was raised in a hyper-Christian home, and actually believed it when I was young. I did the whole accept Jesus and baptism routine. Then I grew up and realized it was all nonsense.

So you're saying that I am in misery?

Please explain?
If you eat with Jesus and you do so and do such in an unworthy manner you bring upon yourself condemnation. i.e. those who have fallen away to given themselves over too whatever it may be in their sinful nature, harsh judgments, etc...., "pastor exposed".

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

...you can focus on whatever aspects you want; doesn't make it true. Do you love only half of God? God is judge just as much as Savior. Catholics like yourself want the feely good cotton candy milktoast religion...which sends people to hell.

Can you explain that a little better with how you come up with that? I have no idea how our religion is sending people to hell, especially since the Catholic Church has never declared or judge even one person to be in hell.

What’s a cotton candy religion anyway? It is your brand of “do nothings, worry about nothings” who think all you have to do is say the sinner’s prayer and voila! you are guaranteed a place in heaven. And not only that, you can sin away after you say that special prayer and none of those sins will prevent you from going immediately to heaven the moment you die. Even if you are in the act of adultery when you die.

So tell me how our religion is “milquetoast?” Purgatory is no picnic. It is a more severe existence than virtually any suffering you can imagine here on earth. However, our Catholic faith allows for many, many more non-Christians and non-believers to be saved by the mercy of God than what your beliefs allows. Or so it seems – because, your faith is too afraid to comment on anyone’s plight except your favored few. We all have to do exactly as you say or else! It is both nonsensical and not a sign of a loving and merciful God, in my way of looking at it.

If you eat with Jesus and you do so and do such in an unworthy manner you bring upon yourself condemnation. i.e. those who have fallen away to given themselves over too whatever it may be in their sinful nature, harsh judgments, etc...., "pastor exposed".

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Actually, that makes no sense at all.

Personally I find the rejection of reality to be the greatest sin.

Christ commissioned his followers to proclaim the good news, not to threaten the world with damnation. The Catholic Church considers it spreading Christ's teachings a serious responsibility/commission that is expected of the Church and its members.

Here is where the line is drawn: God is not bound by human failure. Anyone the Church fails to reach or convert is entrusted to God's love and mercy. It is a situation of, "Here is what we were able to do, and we trust you, God, with our failures." The Catholic Church teaches that those of other faiths--or no faith--are not just in God's hands, but the loving hands of God.
How do you know God is real?

I asked Him.
That thought does not occur to many atheist and asking for help to understand does not occur to many who are saved yet in misery. Even if they do ask many ask in error or are impatient.
Maybe another decade and he would speak back. LOL.

Saved yet in misery? What the hell is that?
People who believe yet fail to follow. Eating from the tree of life and then remaining in sin, falling away from truth or denying truth after accepting it.
Why is it so wrong if someone doesn't believe? You have to admit if I told you about virgin births and talking snakes, you'd think I was crazy.

Do you think your way is the only way? It isn't the first or even the last.

I thought we are all sinners? Are you saying you are without sin? So you are a hypocrite.

What is truth? An ancient story your parents brainwashed you with from birth? I accepted Jesus into my heart before I knew any better. Now I realize that was just a story. No one has ever seen god. Moses was a nut or a liar.

I asked Him.
That thought does not occur to many atheist and asking for help to understand does not occur to many who are saved yet in misery. Even if they do ask many ask in error or are impatient.

Why is it so wrong if someone doesn't believe? You have to admit if I told you about virgin births and talking snakes, you'd think I was crazy.

I thought we are all sinners? Are you saying you are without sin? So you are a hypocrite.

What is truth? An ancient story your parents brainwashed you with from birth? I accepted Jesus into my heart before I knew any better. Now I realize that was just a story. No one has ever seen god. Moses was a nut or a liar.

Never said I was without sin dumbass. You believe what you like I'm only going to stand in your way to protect my own.

I asked Him.

Booboo I do not have time to piss with you at the moment so you'll have to figure that all out on your own.

You know................I've thought about this a bit more and have come up with an interesting thought....................

One of God's greatest gifts to mankind was the gift of free will, meaning we could choose to follow Him, or we can choose to follow something else.

Any religion that is going to restrict the free will God gives me by telling me that there is only one dogma is a "false" religion, because God isn't going to restrict what I do, He just hopes that I do right by following His Commandments.

And it's not that hard to do, even if you don't believe the Christian or Catholic dogma.

You know................I've thought about this a bit more and have come up with an interesting thought....................

One of God's greatest gifts to mankind was the gift of free will, meaning we could choose to follow Him, or we can choose to follow something else.

Any religion that is going to restrict the free will God gives me by telling me that there is only one dogma is a "false" religion, because God isn't going to restrict what I do, He just hopes that I do right by following His Commandments.

And it's not that hard to do, even if you don't believe the Christian or Catholic dogma.

See, it is impossible to talk to theists because they talk as if this god guy is real. You say, "one of God's greatest gifts" as if that is a fact. It is not. Your argument has a fatal flaw 3 words in. You assume god exists. Why? Did Zeus or Aphrodite end up being real? Do you believe JuJu the African God was real? Did the Native American Indians meet God? How about the dot head Indians? Then why didn't he tell them the same message. Or the Chinese. Seems to me the god idea is very popular around the world but everyone has their own hypothesis.

Even a zebra or elephant has free will.

One of the ways Christianity emotionally and psychologically blackmails people into believing is that schtick about you have free will but do you really? If this god is watching 24-7 and you are going to burn in hell for eternity, what kind of choice is that?

If I had free will to murder then I could do it and not go to jail. So you could say I have free will to murder because I could go get a gun and do it but I don't because I would get put in jail. Big difference between telling someone to "feel free" and do whatever they want with no consequences vs. consequences.

By Stephen Meehan

If grace is unmerited favor and is freely given by God, how can one then co-operate or work alongside with it to receive it? Co-operating with grace would nullify grace; it wouldn’t be freely received.

Their works for attaining salvation include: Going to weekly Mass; partaking of the sacraments; paying a penalty or penance for one’s sins (which denies the sufficiency of Christ’s death on the cross to cover all sins); and then finally spending time in a fictitious place called Purgatory, to purge away any leftover sins that Christ’s blood couldn’t cover, or not enough penance was performed.

Purgatory is just another means of denying the sufficiency of Christ’s atonement for our sins; it is the ultimate declaration that His agonizing crucifixion on a wooden cross—the plan of salvation that was established before the foundation of the world was laid, was not enough to pay the cost of all of our sins.

In other words, when Christ uttered those final words, “It is finished” signifying that He had satisfied the wrath of God against us for the sins we have committed and that all our sins were “paid in full.” Rome declares that no, it is not finished and the paying of penances and time spent in Purgatory is required. It is a rejection of what Christ accomplished.

great article.. please read the full one.
Born again and Catholics each say they are the one true religion. What are the differences, what is wrong with the one you don't belong to. Like, if you are a Catholic, what is wrong with the born again slant?

And if you are a born again, what are you doing better/differently? What are some of the reasons you would never be a Catholic? Because they worship the Pope? That's why us Greek Orthodox left them too, among other reasons. I think we understood the Catholic Church is corrupt. If only we realized they made up god in the first place. Or the Jesus story because actually it was the Jews who invented the Moses Abrahamic God.

Born again and Catholics each say they are the one true religion. What are the differences, what is wrong with the one you don't belong to. Like, if you are a Catholic, what is wrong with the born again slant?

And if you are a born again, what are you doing better/differently? What are some of the reasons you would never be a Catholic? Because they worship the Pope? That's why us Greek Orthodox left them too, among other reasons. I think we understood the Catholic Church is corrupt. If only we realized they made up god in the first place. Or the Jesus story because actually it was the Jews who invented the Moses Abrahamic God.

Catholics do not worship the Pope, never have, and that wasn't the reason for the schism. What, specifically, makes the Catholic Church corrupt? (I keep asking that, but no one is answering! :smile: )

One of the basic differences I see between Catholics and non-Catholics is the view of God. Many Protestant denominations have doctrine built on the image of a wrathful God. They see God as becoming so angered by sin, it was necessary to kill Jesus to pacify that fury.

Catholics emphasize a loving God, who wanted to draw us--and the way we live our lives here on earth--closer to the way of heaven.

As you don't believe in God, let's take it back to the life of Jesus. Do you see Jesus's life as being motivated by love and obedience, or do you see the motivation as tremendous anger he was determined to deflect?

If being saved has nothing to do with doing good works, then what is the point of Christianity?

Hence the symbolism of the judge (Michael) scales being destabilized by the false prophet (depicted as Lucifer) in iconograph.
By being saved through gang affiliation and idol worship The 2 horn power system
selling the false prophet are missleading your perception of how we are judged (by our worksc and deeds we be judged.)
What ekse leads to an advanced perfected existance, surely not neglect and egomania of an image and devotion to a name & group affiliation.

Catholics do not worship the Pope, never have, and that wasn't the reason for the schism. What, specifically, makes the Catholic Church corrupt? (I keep asking that, but no one is answering! :smile: )

One of the basic differences I see between Catholics and non-Catholics is the view of God. Many Protestant denominations have doctrine built on the image of a wrathful God. They see God as becoming so angered by sin, it was necessary to kill Jesus to pacify that fury.

Catholics emphasize a loving God, who wanted to draw us--and the way we live our lives here on earth--closer to the way of heaven.

As you don't believe in God, let's take it back to the life of Jesus. Do you see Jesus's life as being motivated by love and obedience, or do you see the motivation as tremendous anger he was determined to deflect?

sure Meri- all we see is a wrathful God..... and the rcc was corrupt and is corrupt and isn't built on Jesus; its built on false man made teachings. Hundreds of examples.

I think Jesus would tell Christians today the same thing he told the Jews back then. You've all lost sight of the point. You're all hypocrites.

If being saved has nothing to do with doing good works, then what is the point of Christianity?

if doing good works get you saved whats the point of Jesus dying and rising?
You need faith and good works. Read this, which comes from the Bible you claim to believe in:

James 2:14-26 New Living Translation (NLT)
Faith without Good Deeds Is Dead
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”

19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

21 Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete.23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God. 24 So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

25 Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. 26 Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

Bible Gateway passage: James 2:14-26 - New Living Translation

if doing good works get you saved whats the point of Jesus dying and rising?
You need faith and good works. Read this, which comes from the Bible you claim to believe in:

James 2:14-26 New Living Translation (NLT)
Faith without Good Deeds Is Dead
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”

19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

21 Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete.23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God. 24 So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

25 Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. 26 Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

Bible Gateway passage: James 2:14-26 - New Living Translation

HOW MANY GOOD WORKS DO YOU NEED? DID THE THIEF ON THE CROSS HAVE GOOD WORKS?

And James isn't saying good works save- he is saying a saved person will do good works. Salvation is all of God and none of us- it is a free gift.

Alive with Christ
8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Jesus saves us w/o any good works on our part. Good works prove to others we are already saved.

Forum List

Back