Romney being touted as detroit emergency manager takeover

Good idea. He's hankering to contribute, Detroit looks like it could use some help. He's from the area.

I don't see a down-side.

Does it seem to you all that is one of those things that makes such sense that there is no way it wil take place?

Yes. If I were a resident of the city of Detroit.......and I knew that my hopes and dreams depended on the success of the US automobile industry.....I would LOVE to have a guy in charge who once advocated for letting " Detroit Go Bankrupt ".

Go on Mitt. They love you there.

Why not. There's prolly a few hundred million in useable city assets. He puts Det in bankruptcy, and then he can spin em off to an offshore entitity, then sell the more risky ones back to himself for pennies, and when the profits come in he can pay hedge fund tax rates.

well it could also show what he could have done as president...

least he has experience.

Yes. If I were a resident of the city of Detroit.......and I knew that my hopes and dreams depended on the success of the US automobile industry.....I would LOVE to have a guy in charge who once advocated for letting " Detroit Go Bankrupt ".

and bankruptcy would have accomplished what, without losing any jobs?

You're comment shows the cazim that exist between you and someone who knows how to solve problems.

and bankruptcy would have accomplished what, without losing any jobs?

You're comment shows the cazim that exist between you and someone who knows how to solve problems.

Your
chasm
exists

Brilliant commentary. It explains how the people of Detroit will welcome Mitt with open arms.

Forum List

Back