🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney is losing Massachusetts by 20 points

[Romney was virtually POWERLESS as the Governor of Massachusetts. ANYTHING that happened during Romney's four years as Governor, was the result of what the Democrat-dominated Massachusetts LEGISLATURE wanted.

So any claims of any great things he did in Massachusetts have been pretty much bullshit?

...give or take a few.

Question:

Has any other presidential candidate ever been such a terrible governor that he ended up losing the state he was governor of by that huge a margin???

Al Gore was a terrible enough U.S. Senator that he lost his home state of Tennessee in the 2000 Presidential election.

Massachusetts is a black hole of leftist politicians and unprecedented corruption that would make CHICAGO blush.

A state that produced such people as the Kennedy clan, Barney Frank, Sacco and Vanzetti, Whitey Bulger, and numerous other "luminaries", and has been a leftist STRONGHOLD for DECADES, has ZERO credibility in the "real" world.

Mitt Romney had to deal with a Massachusetts legislature that was completely dominated by Massachusetts political machine DEMOCRATS.

Romney had over 700 vetoes overridden in his four years as Governor of Massachusetts.

Romney was virtually POWERLESS as the Governor of Massachusetts. ANYTHING that happened during Romney's four years as Governor, was the result of what the Democrat-dominated Massachusetts LEGISLATURE wanted.

so did other republican governors, and they got things done.

bill weld comes to mind. frank sargent is another. hell, even paul cellucci did a better job than mittens

mitt sucked as a governor, and he'll suck as a president
Isn't there a saying like "Sucking is in the eyes of the sucker"?

/ducking and running

[Romney was virtually POWERLESS as the Governor of Massachusetts. ANYTHING that happened during Romney's four years as Governor, was the result of what the Democrat-dominated Massachusetts LEGISLATURE wanted.

So any claims of any great things he did in Massachusetts have been pretty much bullshit?

I think you use hyperbole to excess Carb. Great things? Very few pols do "great things". He was a mixed bag imo as I stated. Not great nor terrible.

Do you think Obama has done great things?

It's not our fault if he saved 'em from going bankrupt. :muahaha:

So the Ds trusted Romney? How did the big bag R Romney get elected in Mass, a state with so few Rs?

I don't know about how he got elected, but I see he can't even carry his home state in the election. Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

Those selfish bastards.

Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

He is not the Governor of Ma anymore. :lol:

He's also not living in Michigan anymore, but they don't want anything to do with him either. Probably because of the whole "let Detroit go bankrupt" thing.

For that matter, none of the states he "resides" in are turning out in support of Romney. The closest one is New Hapshire, which is tied with Obama. All the rest are leaning/supporting Democratic.

It's not our fault if he saved 'em from going bankrupt. :muahaha:

The only thing he accomplished was a pretty damn good Medical Program

I think you use hyperbole to excess Carb. Great things? Very few pols do "great things". He was a mixed bag imo as I stated. Not great nor terrible.

Paul Ryan, in his convention speech, said this about Romney and Massachusetts:

"He was the Republican governor of a state where almost nine in ten legislators are Democrats, and yet he balanced the budget without raising taxes. Unemployment went down, household incomes went up, and Massachusetts, under Mitt Romney, saw its credit rating upgraded."

Clearly an attempt to give Romney credit for some very positive occurrences, but,

if Romney was powerless, how can he claim the credit? Or how can anyone claim it for him?

Oddly enough I never pretend to know what life in states I never lived in is or was like politically. I am amazed how many non-residents of Mass seem to believe they are fully informed on the history and details of Mass politics over the years. Check yoour sources folks. Internet sources are a mixed bag too. Some facts and some fiction and some spin.

Paul Ryan, in his convention speech, said this about Romney and Massachusetts:

"He was the Republican governor of a state where almost nine in ten legislators are Democrats, and yet he balanced the budget without raising taxes. Unemployment went down, household incomes went up, and Massachusetts, under Mitt Romney, saw its credit rating upgraded."

Clearly an attempt to give Romney credit for some very positive occurrences, but,

if Romney was powerless, how can he claim the credit? Or how can anyone claim it for him?

Who said he was powerless? He had an uphill battle working with a D legislature.

I don't know about how he got elected, but I see he can't even carry his home state in the election. Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

Those selfish bastards.

Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

He is not the Governor of Ma anymore. :lol:

He's also not living in Michigan anymore, but they don't want anything to do with him either. Probably because of the whole "let Detroit go bankrupt" thing.

For that matter, none of the states he "resides" in are turning out in support of Romney. The closest one is New Hapshire, which is tied with Obama. All the rest are leaning/supporting Democratic.

I am not here to defend the man since he is not getting my vote. I just hate BS and spin. That you had no idea he was no longer a sitting Governor is rather amusing to me especially after how you framed your argument.

I have no idea how this will all play out next week but I do know that any Obama supporter who has the balls to diss Romney really is a clueless and dishonest partisan hack. Would that describe you House?

Al Gore was a terrible enough U.S. Senator that he lost his home state of Tennessee in the 2000 Presidential election.

Massachusetts is a black hole of leftist politicians and unprecedented corruption that would make CHICAGO blush.

A state that produced such people as the Kennedy clan, Barney Frank, Sacco and Vanzetti, Whitey Bulger, and numerous other "luminaries", and has been a leftist STRONGHOLD for DECADES, has ZERO credibility in the "real" world.

Mitt Romney had to deal with a Massachusetts legislature that was completely dominated by Massachusetts political machine DEMOCRATS.

Romney had over 700 vetoes overridden in his four years as Governor of Massachusetts.

Romney was virtually POWERLESS as the Governor of Massachusetts. ANYTHING that happened during Romney's four years as Governor, was the result of what the Democrat-dominated Massachusetts LEGISLATURE wanted.

so did other republican governors, and they got things done.

bill weld comes to mind. frank sargent is another. hell, even paul cellucci did a better job than mittens

mitt sucked as a governor, and he'll suck as a president
Isn't there a saying like "Sucking is in the eyes of the sucker"?

/ducking and running

if you're calling me a sucker for voting for him in '02, you're right

...give or take a few.

Question:

Has any other presidential candidate ever been such a terrible governor that he ended up losing the state he was governor of by that huge a margin???

That state that you call a "black hole" has the highest medium income in the country.

...give or take a few.

Question:

That state that you call a "black hole" has the highest medium income in the country.

You might want to take note of the costs to live here however. Make more, pay more. Kind of a wash.

You might want to take note of the costs to live here however. Make more, pay more. Kind of a wash.

This is true, but it is nice to retire to one of those Southern States after selling your home for big bucks and buying a home in the south for one third the price.

This is true, but it is nice to retire to one of those Southern States after selling your home for big bucks and buying a home in the south for one third the price.

It tis the plan. :thup: Of course I am sure some of the natives below the line would prefer to not see anymore of us "blow ins". :D I promise I will keep my Yankee arrogance in check.:eusa_angel: Red Sox fan anyhow.

those people talk wicked funny

O/T Which movie do you think best captured the Bastahn accent? :lol:

"eht detraped " for me

Last edited:

those people talk wicked funny

O/T Which movie do you think best captured the Bastahn accent? :lol:

none of them, really, but townies(the town?) comes close

friends of eddie coyle comes close too

pissa bobby orr scenes in the old gahden

Forum List

Back