Romney used to be an LDS bishop

The way I understand it, the Bishop in an LDS church is kinda like a pastor. However, it's not a lifetime appointment.

Bishop is the highest priesthood office of the Aaronic priesthood in the Latter Day Saint movement, and is leader of the Aaronic priesthood in a given ward or congregation. It is almost always held by one who already holds the Melchizedek Priesthood office of high priest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_(Latter_Day_Saints)

... and you want THIS in your Prez?

You, you MORMONOPHOBE you!

Do you want an ex-bishop as Prez?

As opposed to obama? Sure. How much theocracy did Romney impose as governor?

Exactly. I don't believe Harry Reid has either.

Times and Seasons has selected Harry Reid as Mormon of the Year for 2009.

During 2009, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was the most visible and influential Mormon politician in the world, shepherding Democratic legislative proposals through the U.S. Senate after the party’s victories in the 2008 elections, including a landmark health care bill that represents one of the more controversial pieces of legislation to pass through the Senate in recent memory. Reid’s off-the-cuff style has also led occasionally to unscripted remarks that have attracted a lot of attention.

Times and Seasons 2009 Mormon of the Year: Harry Reid | Times & Seasons

I can find a host of reasons to vote against Romney, but his religion certainly isn't one of them. i've seen no indication he plans to (or has a history of) governing based on his religious views, and in that case I could care less if we elect and atheist, a catholic, a muslim, a jew....Or anything else.

By all appearances, Romney is a good man on a personal level. Good to his church, good to his family. I just think his policy prescriptions are bad.

Do you want an ex-bishop as Prez?

Hell, I am usually voting for some type of christian, so what is the big deal?

One christian more knowledgable about his religion than another? Yeah, sure, that is a big difference, huh?

Ah, here comes more ignorance and bigotry from the left - as expected. One can only hope more lefties consider this a winning campaign strategy.

But you've got no problem when it comes from "the rigtht," do ya?

As a matter of fact I do, you presumptuous fuck. Shove that fucking attitude and your assumptions right up your hyper-partisan ass, you piece of shit.

Ah, here comes more ignorance and bigotry from the left - as expected. One can only hope more lefties consider this a winning campaign strategy.

Isn't if funny how they always have an opinion on things they know absolutely nothing about?

What's funny is how rw's make up lies about our president while they refuse to educate themselves about their own candidate. Anyone who actually reads about Mitten's religion or his history wouldn't even consider actually voting for him.

There's another lefty fucking bigot for ya.

Isn't if funny how they always have an opinion on things they know absolutely nothing about?

What's funny is how rw's make up lies about our president while they refuse to educate themselves about their own candidate. Anyone who actually reads about Mitten's religion or his history wouldn't even consider actually voting for him.

Funny, I think the more people who know about Romney and his religion, the more people will vote for him.

You on the left and some on the right have been painting him as someone who is unable to connect with others. You try to pretend he is some aloof wealthy man who has no compassion and seeks only money and power. But that's blatantly untrue. The man has a long record of service to his fellow man. He is an effective leader because people know he genuinely cares about them. He has done many things Im confident the naysayers would think is beneath them.

Is he perfect? Far from it. In fact, I think he is in part responsible for why people percieve him the way he does. But the more I've looked into his history, the more I can see he is clearly a good man, an effective leader, and has charity towards all people.

The way I understand it, the Bishop in an LDS church is kinda like a pastor. However, it's not a lifetime appointment.

Bishop is the highest priesthood office of the Aaronic priesthood in the Latter Day Saint movement, and is leader of the Aaronic priesthood in a given ward or congregation. It is almost always held by one who already holds the Melchizedek Priesthood office of high priest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_(Latter_Day_Saints)

... and you want THIS in your Prez?

In a heartbeat.

Tell me brainiac, how much did his religion play a part in his governorship? Zilch.

Tell me how much did Obama's sitting under Rev. Wright paly a part in his presidency?

ZILCH.

Unlike you, President Obama has his own ideas, and doesn't need a Rev. Wright to provide them

It is just a coincidence that obama's ideas are the same as Rev. Wright's ideas.

Yeah the liberation theology and collective salvation themes we see in his policies are purely coincidental:)

Oh. And to prove what I said earlier, I invite anyone to learn for themselves and Mormon.org - Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and study Romney's professional, Church, and government history. And answer this, are you more or less likely to support him or is there no change in your view whatsoever?

Forum List

Back