Romney's Swiss bank account

Yes he did.

And, no they don't. That swiss account was in a blind trust. I suggest you research what that means.

Off shore accounts are just a way to make your money work more efficiently. Many people - particularly those with international investments - have off shore accounts. That money often comes from investments outside the US. Until it comes into the US, it is not taxable.

The Swiss account wasn't in a blind trust.

actually it was....see above

You didn't read the sentence correctly.

At the end of the day all that you idiots will have proven is that when Mitt Romney was at Harvard getting a double degree in business and law (with honors) that he actually paid attention to what was being taught. Mitt's a sharp guy. But we wouldn't want one of THOSE running the country...right? Duh? Nah, let's not do that...

so was it blind or not folks?

provide some facts.

Associated press said:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Advisers to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney are acknowledging that he once had a Swiss bank account but that it was closed in 2010 as prepared to enter the race for the White House.

The Swiss account is listed on Romney's newly released 2010 federal income tax return. It had been opened by a Boston lawyer who oversees the Romney family investments and a blind trust containing millions of dollars in assets.

Romney had Swiss bank account, but now closed - Houston Chronicle

There you go

The Swiss account wasn't in a blind trust.

actually it was....see above

You didn't read the sentence correctly.

Romney had Swiss bank account, but now closed - Houston Chronicle

Upon further review (meaning I read a few other news articles) it sounds as if the account was a part of a blind trust.

Something Mitten was against before he was for.

‘The blind trust is an age-old ruse. You give a blind trust rules. You can say to a blind trust, don’t invest in properties which would be in conflict of interest or where the seller might think they’re going to get an advantage from me.’ ” [Boston Globe, 10/19/1994] and “‘It’s a conflict of interest pure and simple – and it’s wrong for a U.S. senator,’ said Romney. ‘The fact that it’s a blind trust does not hide it.’ [Boston Herald. 10/19/1994] and “‘A United States senator has an obligation to tell its blind trust what it cannot and can invest in,’ Romney said.” [The Associated Press, October 18, 1994].

Mitt Romney Contradicts Himself on Blind Trust | Conservative Byte

‘The blind trust is an age-old ruse. You give a blind trust rules. You can say to a blind trust, don’t invest in properties which would be in conflict of interest or where the seller might think they’re going to get an advantage from me.’ ” [Boston Globe, 10/19/1994] and “‘It’s a conflict of interest pure and simple – and it’s wrong for a U.S. senator,’ said Romney. ‘The fact that it’s a blind trust does not hide it.’ [Boston Herald. 10/19/1994] and “‘A United States senator has an obligation to tell its blind trust what it cannot and can invest in,’ Romney said.” [The Associated Press, October 18, 1994].

Mitt Romney Contradicts Himself on Blind Trust | Conservative Byte

So he said it was wrong for a senator and cancelled it before running for office...seems he was living up to his rhetoric and eliminating any potential conflicts of interest if he won the nomination and the presidency.

What is up with that?

What's wrong with a Swiss bank account?

I have money in a Swiss bank account.

It's in a blind trust, managed by a trustee.

hey, i think i know that guy.

he invests heavily in the saudi-arabian slave-market, in asbestos, and in tin-ears.

Yep. That's the guy.

I got a dividend payment of a saudi-arabian sex slave.

She's in my basement.

Perfect%20Islamic%20Burqa.jpg

so if Romney is making his millions in "blind trusts", what's his supposed economic expertise again?

Sounds like other people are making money for him.

Is he going to phone in his presidency as well?

:rolleyes:

Wealthy politicians put their assets in a blind trust to avoid conflicts. Cheney did the same thing.

Cheney never ran on the premise "I'm a brilliant money guy!" Romney is. But really, it isn't Romney who is managing his money, it's the guys who run his "blind trust"

so if Romney is making his millions in "blind trusts", what's his supposed economic expertise again?

Sounds like other people are making money for him.

Is he going to phone in his presidency as well?

:rolleyes:

Wealthy politicians put their assets in a blind trust to avoid conflicts. Cheney did the same thing.

Cheney never ran on the premise "I'm a brilliant money guy!" Romney is. But really, it isn't Romney who is managing his money, it's the guys who run his "blind trust"

You are probably the most biased person here. You are so bad, its laughable. You are worse than Truthmatters.

Either that, or you are the dumbest person here.

True story.

:thup:

You are probably the most biased person here. You are so bad, its laughable. You are worse than Truthmatters.

True story.

This is Romney's whole argument, though, isn't it? I'm the big economic genius who can fix the economy, even though all my solutions are the exact same crap Bush proposed back in the Oughts and we all see how well that turned out.

And now we find out that all his money is in Blind trusts and he hasn't even been managing his own money in at least 5 years. Maybe 10 years back to when he was MA govenror.

Not to mention when he was investing, 22% of the companies he invested in filed for bankruptcy. In the 1990's, where you could be retarded and still suceed in business.

So he's a business genius who was actually a pretty mediocre businessman, and an "electability" guy who has lost 75% of the elections he's ever been in.

Brilliant!

So he's a business genius who was actually a pretty mediocre businessman, and an "electability" guy who has lost 75% of the elections he's ever been in.

Brilliant!

But I thought the parasites do not give a shit about intelligence or business savvy - to you guys a candidate's willingness to redistribute wealth defines electability.

What is up with that?

Well this isn't going to be explained very easily---:lol::lol: Of course establishment republicans trying to protect Mr. Money bags and Romney supporters will be the first to tell you that Romney's Swiss and Cayman island bank accounts were LEGAL--and that he paid taxes on those accounts.

BUT--the problem they're going to have is convincing 99% of the population that Romney wasn't trying to hide money by sticking investments into Swiss and Cayman island bank accounts.

Good Luck with that one---:lol::lol:

6582028159_6a5820e7e6.jpg

Brilliant!

But I thought the parasites do not give a shit about intelligence or business savvy - to you guys a candidate's willingness to redistribute wealth defines electability.

Hey, the only businessmen to be President.

George W. Bush.
Herbert Hoover.

Fact is, Reagan wasn't a businessman. Neither was Ike, neither was Nixon.

This is why I find the "we need a businessman" argument to be laughable. The skills to be a successful businessman really don't apply to politics.

Brilliant!

Hey, the only businessmen to be President.

George W. Bush.
Herbert Hoover.

Fact is, Reagan wasn't a businessman. Neither was Ike, neither was Nixon.

This is why I find the "we need a businessman" argument to be laughable. The skills to be a successful businessman really don't apply to politics.

True.

A demagogue politician's job is to use taxpayers funds to support boondoggles. The zombified populace do not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

True story.

This is Romney's whole argument, though, isn't it? I'm the big economic genius who can fix the economy, even though all my solutions are the exact same crap Bush proposed back in the Oughts and we all see how well that turned out.

And now we find out that all his money is in Blind trusts and he hasn't even been managing his own money in at least 5 years. Maybe 10 years back to when he was MA govenror.

Not to mention when he was investing, 22% of the companies he invested in filed for bankruptcy. In the 1990's, where you could be retarded and still suceed in business.

Brilliant!
Is all this true? If so it really doesn't speak well of Mitten's business acumen.

Romney's "blind trust" administrator is how long long time Attorney.

So just how blind is that trust, really?

Not that it much matters.

That whole "blind trust" concept is must so much bullshit.

Romney knows exactly where his money is.

Forum List

Back