Ron DeSantis Delivers Blunt Message For Those Thinking About Looting In Wake Of Hurricane

No...please explain why you think Ashli had a right to climb through a window of a barricaded door in a public building. I'll be fascinated to hear you excuse her behavior.

No one said that. In fact I said the exact opposite. Too bad your too busy trying to score some stupid political point with people you've never met nor would you know if you walked past them on the street to have an actual conversation.
Ahh... Frustration. Music to my ears.

Yeah winner, winner chicken dinner. You think you've frustrated someone on the interwebs.

Fort Knox is a publicly owned space, as is the bullion depository there.

Try to get into it, though, and you'll get dead in a hurry...
The fact that you can't discern the difference between those 3 places is frankly sad and makes you not worth discussing this issue with. Thanks for playing.

The fact that you can't discern the difference between those 3 places is frankly sad and makes you not worth discussing this issue with. Thanks for playing.

Oh, now, don't be a little chickenshit. Admit it: You just hate getting into debates you can't win.

You've floated the idea that, since the Capitol Building is public property, that the public has every right to go there and do as they please.

That's just not the case...

Oh, now, don't be a little chickenshit. Admit it: You just hate getting into debates you can't win.

You've floated the idea that, since the Capitol Building is public property, that the public has every right to go there and do as they please.

No one said they could do as they please liar.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) warned those who are thinking about looting in the wake of Hurricane Ian that they are putting their lives at risk as the state supports citizens using the Second Amendment.

DeSantis, who made the remarks while speaking in the devastated community of Matlacha near Fort Myers, said that he has seen citizens indicating that they will shoot looters.

“They boarded up all the businesses, and there are people that wrote on their plywood, ‘You loot, we shoot,’” DeSantis said. “At the end of the day, we are not going to allow lawlessness to take advantage of this situation. We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community, so do not think that you’re going to go take advantage of people who’ve suffered misfortune.”

“I would not take that chance,” DeSantis said. “Florida is a Second Amendment state.”

more....

Clearly DeSantis believes in, "Fuck around and find out!".

Big difference from people like Kamala Harris, who actively encouraged looting and even put up money to bail out the looters.

The capital building and fort knox are different than private property. You as a citizen have a right to be on fort knox. You have no right to be on private property ever under any circumstances.

I can go to fort knox, go on the base, visit the armory ect and they can't deny me entry. There may be some hoops I have to jump through or specific areas I can't enter but they can't deny my entry writ large. But I can 100% deny you entry to my private property always, for any reason and there is nothing you or anyone can do about that.

Private and public properties are different and governed by different rule sets. Tell me again how Im losing this argument.

Besides the fact that the original discussion was about whether shooting looters was the same as shooting Babbitt which it is not. Both might be justified but certainly not for the same reasoning which was my original point to which Candyass had to try and score his political point.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) warned those who are thinking about looting in the wake of Hurricane Ian that they are putting their lives at risk as the state supports citizens using the Second Amendment.

DeSantis, who made the remarks while speaking in the devastated community of Matlacha near Fort Myers, said that he has seen citizens indicating that they will shoot looters.

“They boarded up all the businesses, and there are people that wrote on their plywood, ‘You loot, we shoot,’” DeSantis said. “At the end of the day, we are not going to allow lawlessness to take advantage of this situation. We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community, so do not think that you’re going to go take advantage of people who’ve suffered misfortune.”

“I would not take that chance,” DeSantis said. “Florida is a Second Amendment state.”

more....

Clearly DeSantis believes in, "Fuck around and find out!".
Wow so a Category 4 hurricane is headed your way and you are thinking about folks looting, not getting to safety, not praying for God to spare the lives of you and your love ones. Instead you are holding a gun and thinking about killing someone coming on to your property. Smfh.

that's not even close to what I said. Try reading the post again and reposting something coherent.

No...please explain why you think Ashli had a right to climb through a window of a barricaded door in a public building. I'll be fascinated to hear you excuse her behavior.

She didn't have the right, but on the other hand she was 5 foot nothing, not armed, and shot by a police officer that had a history of mishandling firearms. Police shoot people in self-defense, that's the law. It's the same law we armed citizens have to follow.

I have yet to see how she was a threat to this officer. Okay, that's my opinion. But no investigation, no explanation, no grand jury hearing, and his name hidden from the public? After the Floyd death, we knew the name of the officer within hours. Nobody tried to hide him in case you're going to make the excuse that they didn't reveal his name out of safety concerns.

Wow so a Category 4 hurricane is headed your way and you are thinking about folks looting, not getting to safety, not praying for God to spare the lives of you and your love ones. Instead you are holding a gun and thinking about killing someone coming on to your property. Smfh.
That was after the hurricane hit and was a warning to anyone thinking of looting in the aftermath. Are you saying that shouldnt have been a concern for the Gov of a State?

This happened after the hurricane, dipshit.

Not at all. But if you do some rioting and start breaking into places...you should be shot. You agree right?

Only in a private residence. If an armed security guard finds somebody breaking into a Walmart's after they close, shoots the intruder with no threat to his safety or life, he would be held on charges. You have to be able to prove that you believed you were at jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death to legally use deadly force.

We already know you support looters and other criminals. No surprise.

Forum List

Back