Ron DeSantis to CBS: “You ain’t running over this governor, I’m punching back!”

Oh great, another complete whack-job.

What specifically do you disagree with him about and what would you have done if you were governor?

What Trudeau did in Canada.
Trudeau? Canada? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
What a truly stupid fucking notion.

Hey, Florida has three times the death rate of Canada, and more than 4 times the rate of illness. Our economy hasn't collapsed. Sadly, the Conservative Provinces are having difficulties rolling out the vaccines. Too much of it is sitting in fridges, especially in Ontario. But then Doug Ford, brother to the late Rob Ford, former idiot mayor of Toronto, is the dumbest Premier in Canada. He's fucked up everything that wasn't carefully written down in the Pandemic Playbook the previous Liberal government left behind.
Dragon, you have been corrected before about the canada death rate verses Florida. Stop your dam lying.
Canada has a 2.3% mortality rate, Florida is 1.6%
Again, those are phony rates because they MORONICALLY assume not one CURRENT active case WILL DIE. A known impossibility, even by YOU!
And as usual, for a Dimmer, I have to explain that a person is either alive or they are dead....not an altered zombie state like you...and the mortality rate changes the moment one of those two conditions also changes. Hence it is a purely accurate metric and not the manufactured babble you produce. Besides, its been over a year now and the red states are still very good, and the blue states are still very bad. Statistics don't lie libber.
No they are either alive or dead OR infected without an outcome yet, so because it STUPIDLY assumes not one person currently infected will die, it is totally useless, unless you want to be deliberately deceptive.
It has NEVER been an accurate metric, which is why you LYING NAZIS use it exclusively.
And an infected person is.....come on you can get this right....still breathing so they are......ALIVE!!!
But will every one of them stay alive. NO! So it us a useless metric.
Will everyone in your “per capital” number stay alive? Nope.

Death rate is defined as the percentage of those infected who have died. Lumping in everyone in a state is meaningless, Dumbass.
Per "capital" is YOUR spelling, not mine. Did you cite Tramp for calling natural gas "NATIONAL" gas???? Of course not you HYPOCRITE!
Auto correct, Dumbass. Is that all ya got?
Auto correct would NEVER change natural to national, LIAR.
Good thing neither of those words are involved, Dumbass. :cuckoo:
“President Trump boldly unleashed American energy, and our Nation soon became the world's number one producer of oil and national gas in the world.”
From Tramp's www.45office.com
And like everything Tramp posts, it is a LIE.
Under Obama we became the #1 producer of Oil and "national" gas in 2013.

Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

You were grossly misleading.
And how exactly does that make Tramp NOT a LIAR for saying that America became the #1 producer of oil products under his reign of terror????
Talk about grossly misleading, HYPOCRITE!!!!!

You are full of evasive baloney since the discussion was about something else that occurred during Obamas years, which I schooled you on.

You deflection didn't fool me.
No you were caught supporting Tramp's lie that what actually occurred under Obama's tern Tramp claimed credit for. It doesn't matter whether Obama supported it, it STILL happened BEFORE Tramp stole the presidency.

You are scum because I didn't say a fucking word about Trump at all. here is my entire post you are lying about:

POST 166

"Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

You were grossly misleading."

=======

Dare YOU to quote me saying anything about Trump in post 166....

What specifically do you disagree with him about and what would you have done if you were governor?

Hey, Florida has three times the death rate of Canada, and more than 4 times the rate of illness. Our economy hasn't collapsed. Sadly, the Conservative Provinces are having difficulties rolling out the vaccines. Too much of it is sitting in fridges, especially in Ontario. But then Doug Ford, brother to the late Rob Ford, former idiot mayor of Toronto, is the dumbest Premier in Canada. He's fucked up everything that wasn't carefully written down in the Pandemic Playbook the previous Liberal government left behind.
Dragon, you have been corrected before about the canada death rate verses Florida. Stop your dam lying.
Again, those are phony rates because they MORONICALLY assume not one CURRENT active case WILL DIE. A known impossibility, even by YOU!
And as usual, for a Dimmer, I have to explain that a person is either alive or they are dead....not an altered zombie state like you...and the mortality rate changes the moment one of those two conditions also changes. Hence it is a purely accurate metric and not the manufactured babble you produce. Besides, its been over a year now and the red states are still very good, and the blue states are still very bad. Statistics don't lie libber.
No they are either alive or dead OR infected without an outcome yet, so because it STUPIDLY assumes not one person currently infected will die, it is totally useless, unless you want to be deliberately deceptive.
It has NEVER been an accurate metric, which is why you LYING NAZIS use it exclusively.
And an infected person is.....come on you can get this right....still breathing so they are......ALIVE!!!

Death rate is defined as the percentage of those infected who have died. Lumping in everyone in a state is meaningless, Dumbass.
Per "capital" is YOUR spelling, not mine. Did you cite Tramp for calling natural gas "NATIONAL" gas???? Of course not you HYPOCRITE!
“President Trump boldly unleashed American energy, and our Nation soon became the world's number one producer of oil and national gas in the world.”

Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

And how exactly does that make Tramp NOT a LIAR for saying that America became the #1 producer of oil products under his reign of terror????

You are full of evasive baloney since the discussion was about something else that occurred during Obamas years, which I schooled you on.

No you were caught supporting Tramp's lie that what actually occurred under Obama's tern Tramp claimed credit for. It doesn't matter whether Obama supported it, it STILL happened BEFORE Tramp stole the presidency.

You are scum because I didn't say a fucking word about Trump at all. here is my entire post you are lying about:

POST 166

"Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

=======

You just can't stop yourself from LYING and admit the truth, Trump LIED.
You were defending this Tramp LIE in this very STRING in this very thread.

So, first of all, when we did, the first pharmacies that had it were CVS and Walgreens. And they had a long term care mission. So they were going to the long term care facilities. They got vaccine in the middle of December, they started going to the long term care facilities the third week of December to do LTCs. So that was their mission.
Again what dishonest DeSCAMtis left out was that was a federal program, he had no choice in the matter.

You can't read at all since NOT once did De Santis said anything against federal programs, or claim the State are doing them in place of the feds, you are just making a FALSE narrative up because you are a partisan jackass!

Here is the exchange you keep ignoring:

So, first of all, when we did, the first pharmacies that had it were CVS and Walgreens. And they had a long term care mission. So they were going to the long term care facilities. They got vaccine in the middle of December, they started going to the long term care facilities the third week of December to do LTCs. So that was their mission. That was very important. And we trusted them to do that. As we got into January, we wanted to expand the distribution points. So yes, you had the counties, you had some drive through sites, you had hospitals that were doing a lot, but we wanted to get it into communities more. So we reached out to other retail pharmacies — Publix, Walmart — obviously CVS and Walgreens had to finish that mission. And we said, we’re going to use you as soon as you’re done with that. For the Publix, they were the first one to raise their hand, say they were ready to go. And you know what, we did it on a trial basis. I had three counties. I actually showed up that weekend and talked to seniors across four different Publix. How was the experience? Is this good? Should you think this is a way to go? And it was 100% positive. So we expanded it, and then folks liked it. And I can tell you, if you look at a place like Palm Beach County, they were kind of struggling at first in terms of the senior numbers.

=====

Fuck off with your invented narratives!

You stupid propagandist, if you had bothered to listen to what DeSantis told CBS, you'd know Publix was not the exclusive vendor. CVS and Walgreens were going to long term care facilities. He also said once CVS and Walgreens completed that contract they would be giving shots at their stores, just like Publix. Once you commies get a hold on a lie you just never let it go, pathetic.
Again, as you well know, the other vendors were supplied by Biden's FEDERAL program and had NOTHING to do with DeSCAMtis.

Wrong, they were going to long term care facilities before xiden even took office. Why do you commies lie about everything?

As usual, when caught LYING the Right simply LIE some more.
A NEW federal retail program was turned on under the Biden administration. During its first week, the federal government sent doses to Walmart, Sam's Club, Winn Dixie and other stores in addition to the state’s regular weekly allotment.

Why do you NAZIS lie about everything?

That has nothing to do with what CVS and Walgreens was already doing in FL. Of course you know that and chose to lie anyway.

As you well know that was a FEDERAL program DeSCAMtis had NO control over. Of course you knew that and chose to lie anyway.

DeSantis had no control, yet you accuse him of pay to play, the two notions are incompatible. Poor little commie, I think it's past your bed time. You're saying even more stupid shit than usual.

POST 166

=======

:auiqs.jpg:

So, first of all, when we did, the first pharmacies that had it were CVS and Walgreens. And they had a long term care mission. So they were going to the long term care facilities. They got vaccine in the middle of December, they started going to the long term care facilities the third week of December to do LTCs. So that was their mission.
Again what dishonest DeSCAMtis left out was that was a federal program, he had no choice in the matter.

You can't read at all since NOT once did De Santis said anything against federal programs, or claim the State are doing them in place of the feds, you are just making a FALSE narrative up because you are a partisan jackass!

So, first of all, when we did, the first pharmacies that had it were CVS and Walgreens. And they had a long term care mission. So they were going to the long term care facilities. They got vaccine in the middle of December, they started going to the long term care facilities the third week of December to do LTCs. So that was their mission. That was very important. And we trusted them to do that. As we got into January, we wanted to expand the distribution points. So yes, you had the counties, you had some drive through sites, you had hospitals that were doing a lot, but we wanted to get it into communities more. So we reached out to other retail pharmacies — Publix, Walmart — obviously CVS and Walgreens had to finish that mission. And we said, we’re going to use you as soon as you’re done with that. For the Publix, they were the first one to raise their hand, say they were ready to go. And you know what, we did it on a trial basis. I had three counties. I actually showed up that weekend and talked to seniors across four different Publix. How was the experience? Is this good? Should you think this is a way to go? And it was 100% positive. So we expanded it, and then folks liked it. And I can tell you, if you look at a place like Palm Beach County, they were kind of struggling at first in terms of the senior numbers.

=====

The part you highlighted in red is DeSCAMtis lying.
thank you for pointing out you knew he was lying.

POST 166

=======

I quoted you DEFENDING Tramp's LIE.

You stupid propagandist, if you had bothered to listen to what DeSantis told CBS, you'd know Publix was not the exclusive vendor. CVS and Walgreens were going to long term care facilities. He also said once CVS and Walgreens completed that contract they would be giving shots at their stores, just like Publix. Once you commies get a hold on a lie you just never let it go, pathetic.
Again, as you well know, the other vendors were supplied by Biden's FEDERAL program and had NOTHING to do with DeSCAMtis.

Wrong, they were going to long term care facilities before xiden even took office. Why do you commies lie about everything?

As usual, when caught LYING the Right simply LIE some more.
A NEW federal retail program was turned on under the Biden administration. During its first week, the federal government sent doses to Walmart, Sam's Club, Winn Dixie and other stores in addition to the state’s regular weekly allotment.

Why do you NAZIS lie about everything?

That has nothing to do with what CVS and Walgreens was already doing in FL. Of course you know that and chose to lie anyway.

As you well know that was a FEDERAL program DeSCAMtis had NO control over. Of course you knew that and chose to lie anyway.

DeSantis had no control, yet you accuse him of pay to play, the two notions are incompatible. Poor little commie, I think it's past your bed time. You're saying even more stupid shit than usual.

He is that stupid, already gave the scumbag the link at post 169 to the article showing the Democrat who angrily attacked 60 crap minutes for their lies, scumbag ignored it.

From the County Mayor Dave Kerner Democrat:

In his County Heading based Letter he says that he and the County Administrator made this quotes statement:

"... we asked to expand the States partnership with Publix to Palm Beach County."

======

Go read the short letter.

POST 166

=======

I quoted you DEFENDING Tramp's LIE.

Where is it, you still don't post it, it must really piss you off that you can't quote it.

:rolleyes:

=====

The part you highlighted in red is DeSCAMtis lying.
thank you for pointing out you knew he was lying.

You have not once showed he was lying and the DEMOCRAT County Mayor said they ASKED the Governor to and I QUOTE:

"... we asked to expand the States partnership with Publix to Palm Beach County."

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

, I don't recall limiting my remarks to just FL politicians or public officials. BTW the AOC bitch was in DC when she got her vaccinations.

Well, that is regrettable that you didn't realize the thread and pertinent posts were about Florida politicians who may or may not try to jump the vaccine line. It is regrettable the title of the OP wasn't clear enough about the thread being Florida centric, what with Governor DiSantis' name prominently displayed.

Also, of note: Washington DC and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are and were, what?.....900'sh miles from Florida.

Tip: Get a good map of the U.S. They are usually pretty clear on where the states lie in relation to each other.
Good luck.:thup:

The only one lying in the CBS story was DeSCAMtis, but you knew that already.
I ain't quite ready to sign on to the accusation that DiSantis lied about his conversation with the Manatee Health Department. But could be persuaded with more information. Certainly, there is a conflict between what he said at the podium --- that he had spoken to the head of the department, and her response that he never spoke with her. Lie? Fib? a Boo boo?

The reality is that DiSantis cut out the County Health Dpt. and did the Lakewood Ranch Pop-Up Clinic as a 'work around' the county.

"...... what CVS and Walgreens was already doing in FL.

Ummm, that is a bit disingenuous from DiSantis.
The Publix contract (which DiSantis refuses to offer to this day).....was a contract for ALL residents of Florida, age stratified. It was the big enchilada for remuneration.

On the other hand, I know CVS was doing nursing home vaccinations earlier than when the Publix deal was let. CVS's staff travelled to nursing homes. I know that because I walked over to the local one and asked the pharmacist if he'd give us our first shot. He said "No"......only nursing home residents were allowed to be vaccinated from the allotment CVS got. I suppose Walgreen had a similar deal.
What is important about that is CVS + Walgreens have more locations in Florida than Publix, and had a staff that was already implementing a vaccine program, plus they employed bigger trained staffs of pharmacists and technicians than grocery store chain, Publix.

Yet, it was Publix who got the big enchilada.

So, Publix Corp. and a prominent and vocal Publix heir gave a bunch of money to DiSantis and the the GOP.....and they got a humongous contract to vaccinate Floridians. Count me skeptical that there was not an element of pay-to play in the calculations.

And then, there is the even more controversial decision to initiate these pop-up clinics....independent of the Publix contract ......but only in very affluent and very Republican communities.

THAT was favor-peddling, IMHO.

So, Publix Corp. and a prominent and vocal Publix heir gave a bunch of money to DiSantis and the the GOP

$100,000 isn't exactly a "bunch of money" and Publix didn't receive a dime for giving out the vaccine. Perhaps you don't know about Florida but Publix stores and pharmacies are EVERYWHERE. It was a no-brainer to let them vaccinate Floridians.

Publix didn't receive a dime for giving out the vaccine.
At least $40 per dose.
Last number I saw was that Publix has given over 300,000 vaccine shots.
Do the math.

Perhaps you don't know about Florida but Publix stores and pharmacies are EVERYWHERE. It was a no-brainer to let them vaccinate Floridians.

Publix has about 830 stores here, not all of them have an in-house pharmacy. Walgreen alone has approximately 820, not to mention CVS's locations. ALL of them have a pharmacy.
Plus the protocol, the staff, and the logistical distribution infrastructure were already existing in the CVS & Walgreen system.
Publix had to re-invent the wheel.

You know nothing about Publix. Their pharmacies typically have large areas where waiting people can sit. Typical pharmacies do not.

The reality is that you don't care about corruption or people or the virus; you care about the party, specifically, the Democratic Party.

Publix donated to DeSantis because he's done an INCREDIBLE job as governor. You cry and cry and cry about Publix donating to DeSantis but have NO PROBLEM with the THOUSANDS of people that needlessly died due to the incompetence of Democratic governors in New York and Michigan.

Why is that? Oh, that's right. Your love, loyalty, and devotion are to the party.

The reality is that you don't care about corruption or people or the virus; you care about the party, specifically, the Democratic Party.

Ah, a curious observation by the poster K9.
I hate to pushback too hard to various posters on this venue.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten a hint or two on the political 'lean' of many, if not most contributors. So, I surely do not wish to embarrass any fellow posters.

However, in fairness to my poor avatar there are some details in the above post, by the avataree K9, that warrant a response.

To wit:

I ain't really a Democrat. In fact, back up north I am a contributor to the local Republican Party. They run my rural county, and have for decades. Plus they periodically host interesting luncheons with oft-times interesting speakers.

Here in Florida, I am a contributor to the Democratic Party, because they periodically host really good luncheons with even more interesting speakers.
(ps....my wife is exactly the opposite, GOP here, Dem up north)

Now, to be clear neither of us do this little fandango because of ideological reasons.
We do it to stay informed in both locations and to snag some good luncheons where we sit at 8-member circular lunch tables and have the best conversations with some really interesting, engaged, and smart folks......and that applies to both the Dems and the GOP'rs. All good people, as best as we can tell from our lunch dates. We like doing this Party/Lunch gig.

Now, to be honest, we are not realhonesttogod 'members' of either party. as both my bride, and me, are too liberal to be GOP'rs, and too conservative to be Dems.

Neither party would really want us. But they give good lunch.
................................................................................................

And then this rather startling assertion by poster K9:
" you don't care about corruption or people or the virus"

Well, I demur.
My bride would too, if I showed K9's post to her.

So there is that.

And then this rather startling assertion by poster K9:
" you don't care about corruption or people or the virus"
Well, I demur.

I'll retract my statement if you can show me a post on this forum wherein you criticized Democratic corruption.

Publix didn't receive a dime for giving out the vaccine.
At least $40 per dose.
Last number I saw was that Publix has given over 300,000 vaccine shots.
Do the math.

Perhaps you don't know about Florida but Publix stores and pharmacies are EVERYWHERE. It was a no-brainer to let them vaccinate Floridians.

Publix has about 830 stores here, not all of them have an in-house pharmacy. Walgreen alone has approximately 820, not to mention CVS's locations. ALL of them have a pharmacy.
Plus the protocol, the staff, and the logistical distribution infrastructure were already existing in the CVS & Walgreen system.
Publix has a pharmacy, just like CVS and Walgreens, so why do you think they had to "reinvent the wheel"?

"why to you think they had to reinvent the wheel"?

Oh, that's easy, poster Nostra (and no, I'm not trying to belittle your contribution), it's like this: Walgreens and CVS were already receiving/storing/distributing/and injecting the vaccines weeks if not a month or more before this Publix contract was given by DiSantis.
Their staff was now experienced.....their plane, so to speak, was up in the air and delivering the goods.
Whereas Publix had to build the plane while it was in the air.

Forum List

Back