Ron Paul's view upon Eric Snowden issue

If we had a sane foreign policy, we wouldn't have to worry about terrorist attacks.

I wasn't aware that this administration had ANY foreign policy

We have Franken-Kerry as our Sec of State....

We give tanks and jets and money to whatever splinter group of the day wants it

AND we allow any Tom, Dick or harry,,,,or Juan, Jose and Guadalupe,,,,,into the country

To address the OP:
It still remains to be seen how much intel Snowballer gave the Reds and Pinks
:eusa_shhh:

Who cares what Ron Paul has to say about anything? He's just another ex politician trying to remain relevant.

I do.

He's relevant to me because he speaks up for the principles I believe in. Hardly anyone else on the national stage does.
Hint: Ron Paul is not on the national stage.

Dr Paul has done more since he retired than he was able to do when he was a congressman. He stays relevant because he is relevant. He is the 2nd American Revolutions Paul Revere.

I do.

He's relevant to me because he speaks up for the principles I believe in. Hardly anyone else on the national stage does.

Dr Paul has done more since he retired than he was able to do when he was a congressman. He stays relevant because he is relevant. He is the 2nd American Revolutions Paul Revere.

He's run his mouth to the accoladres of a bunch of silly guys on the internet who live in mom's basement. So what? In 30 years in the House he failed to sponsor any significant legislation.

I believe I could make a case for why the government needs the META DATA it has been collecting.

Sadly if the government hadn't been in the business of screwing Americans for the last 50 or so forking years, I suspect most Americans would TRUST the government to collect such information.

But how can we trust a government with such a long sorry history of lying to us, cheating us, screwing us financially, and betraying the nation on behalf of internationalists?

Here's a CLuE for you partisant asshats who as yet have not QUITE figured it out..

NOBODY TRUSTS THE GOVERNMENT...NOT THE LEFTIES NOT THE RIGHTIES, AND NOT THE MIDDIES, EITHER.

Nobody trusts the government... Agreed. However there are some among us who can be paid in money and deeds to vote for authoritarian power. The left wants the authoritarian power to redistribute assets, the right wants the authoritarian power to control morals.

I believe in oaths too... Mainly: I, Eric Snowden, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
Seems that is exactly what Snowden is doing!!!

I took that same oath. Giving away Classified Data, especially on how we do it, to Russia and China hardly fits the bill with me.

He should have blown the cover here. Senators, Congressmen, and Press. Hell he could have taken this information to Ron Paul himself. I hardly think Ron Paul would have thrown him under a bus.

Secondly, then people like Ron Paul could have had Classified Briefings on this issue to ENSURE TOP SECRET OR CLASSIFIED DATA is not released.

Prosecute those who violate the oath, and don't condemn all of those at the NSA.

If RP didn't reveal his source, they could by the law have prosecuted him too. Granted, it would be a ballsy move. But, my point is that nobody had immunity. Some say Snowden could have went through the courts. Those are the same courts who are validating this nonsense. He did the one realistic option he felt he had; to take his case directly to the people.

Ya, the Chinese people.

He's run his mouth to the accoladres of a bunch of silly guys on the internet who live in mom's basement. So what? In 30 years in the House he failed to sponsor any significant legislation.

With a post count as high as yours, you don't really have much room to make implications about people in moms basement.

I do.

First, Paul retired because he was not going to run unopposed. His Republican primary challenger had his shit together and Paul was going to have to fight for it. So, knowing he would not survive an election due to all the silly shit he said whilst pandering to collage kids out of state. Ron Paul never was relevant, and never accomplished crap.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is an act of treason. Or in this case "espionage".

I read this earlier last week should anyone have any interest:

The Ethics of Whistleblowing - Ben O'Neill - Mises Daily

The Ethics of State Secrecy - Ben O'Neill - Mises Daily

Notwithstanding the legitimacy of Snowden’s disclosures of classified NSA material, one objection that has been raised against his actions is the fact that he went outside the official government-sanctioned channels for oversight of its agencies. According to this view, the reporting of government misconduct and criminality must be reported within the rules calculated by that same institution, by reporting to government oversight agencies or Congressional committees. If agencies of the US government engage in secret acts of despotism, an aspiring whistleblower must meekly turn to other agents of the government and ask, “Please Sir, tell me which forms to fill out. How might I go about filing a complaint that suits your requirements?”

First, Paul retired because he was not going to run unopposed. His Republican primary challenger had his shit together and Paul was going to have to fight for it. So, knowing he would not survive an election due to all the silly shit he said whilst pandering to collage kids out of state. Ron Paul never was relevant, and never accomplished crap.

Or was it that he was focused on his presidential run and could not condend his place and run for president. Regardless, if he's so irrelevant, WTF are you doing here? Shouldn't you find a more relevant thread to drool in. Take Rabbi the Clown with you when you leave. Thanks.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is an act of treason. Or in this case "espionage".

Notwithstanding the legitimacy of Snowden’s disclosures of classified NSA material, one objection that has been raised against his actions is the fact that he went outside the official government-sanctioned channels for oversight of its agencies. According to this view, the reporting of government misconduct and criminality must be reported within the rules calculated by that same institution, by reporting to government oversight agencies or Congressional committees. If agencies of the US government engage in secret acts of despotism, an aspiring whistleblower must meekly turn to other agents of the government and ask, “Please Sir, tell me which forms to fill out. How might I go about filing a complaint that suits your requirements?”

Binney left the NSA in 2001 after voicing complaints that the agency was “purposefully violating the constitution.”[3] In 2005 he was investigated by the FBI over suspicions of providing information to the New York Times. Despite being cleared of any wrongdoing the FBI later raided his home and confiscated his personal and business records, keeping a gun on him while he stood naked, towelling off from a shower. As a result of his whistleblowing he lost his security clearance and had to close his business. As Binney put it, “After a raid like that, you’re always sitting here wondering if they’re coming back. This did not feel like the America we grew up in.”[4]

Thomas Drake, another NSA whistleblower, raised internal complaints within the NSA about illegality and waste of public money in a data project known as “Trailblazer.” After approximately five years of efforts to draw attention to the problem through government-mandated channels Drake finally went to the media to report NSA wrongdoing. According to media reports on his actions, “He first tried the sanctioned methods — going to his superiors, inspectors general, Congress. Finally, in frustration, he turned to the ‘nuclear option’: leaking to the media.”[5] Notwithstanding any federal whistle-blower laws, Drake was prosecuted on a large number of charges relating to “unauthorized retention” of NSA data, and these charges were used as leverage to try to extort his assistance with the prosecution of other whistleblowers. He held out against this and eventually the government prosecution collapsed. As Drake put it, “I will never plea-bargain with the truth.”[6]

Snowden would have gotten no where if he followed govt. sanctioned protocol on reporting itself to itself. How this logic escapes people is beyond me. Yeah, yeah. He "gave" info to china, allegedly. BFD. Info they probably not only already knew, but probably knew more about it than Snowden even did.

Last edited:

Or was it that he was focused on his presidential run and could not condend his place and run for president. Regardless, if he's so irrelevant, WTF are you doing here? Shouldn't you find a more relevant thread to drool in. Take Rabbi the Clown with you when you leave. Thanks.

^ And this is why Ron Paul lost so much credibility in his district right here. First off Politicians go for the big one all the time and keep their jobs after. Paul Ryan is one example. Second, his presidential run was a flop out of the gate. Third, in his district, as soon as this weird Alex Jones crowed started following him ( mostly jilted Obama.supporters) he was done before he started as far as running for president go's . All that aside, Ron Paul was nothing more then a fad. An old ass washed up career politician who was facing crushing defeat in his district and worshiped by the 99%. You can have the moonbat. As for leaving, you can just go drink bleach. Its a public forum and I'll post what I please where I please and you can just cry to a mod or shut the fuck up. Sheesh, typical Paultard.

I know there are more than a few of us 'old folks' on the board. I'm surprised more of you don't see the sad irony in American dissidents seeking asylum in Russia.

Binney left the NSA in 2001 after voicing complaints that the agency was “purposefully violating the constitution.”[3] In 2005 he was investigated by the FBI over suspicions of providing information to the New York Times. Despite being cleared of any wrongdoing the FBI later raided his home and confiscated his personal and business records, keeping a gun on him while he stood naked, towelling off from a shower. As a result of his whistleblowing he lost his security clearance and had to close his business. As Binney put it, “After a raid like that, you’re always sitting here wondering if they’re coming back. This did not feel like the America we grew up in.”[4]

Thomas Drake, another NSA whistleblower, raised internal complaints within the NSA about illegality and waste of public money in a data project known as “Trailblazer.” After approximately five years of efforts to draw attention to the problem through government-mandated channels Drake finally went to the media to report NSA wrongdoing. According to media reports on his actions, “He first tried the sanctioned methods — going to his superiors, inspectors general, Congress. Finally, in frustration, he turned to the ‘nuclear option’: leaking to the media.”[5] Notwithstanding any federal whistle-blower laws, Drake was prosecuted on a large number of charges relating to “unauthorized retention” of NSA data, and these charges were used as leverage to try to extort his assistance with the prosecution of other whistleblowers. He held out against this and eventually the government prosecution collapsed. As Drake put it, “I will never plea-bargain with the truth.”[6]

Snowden would have gotten no where if he followed govt. sanctioned protocol on reporting itself to itself. How this logic escapes people is beyond me. Yeah, yeah. He "gave" info to china, allegedly. BFD. Info they probably not only already knew, but probably knew more about it than Snowden even did.

And that makes it all okay then ?

^ And this is why Ron Paul lost so much credibility in his district right here. First off Politicians go for the big one all the time and keep their jobs after. Paul Ryan is one example. Second, his presidential run was a flop out of the gate. Third, in his district, as soon as this weird Alex Jones crowed started following him ( mostly jilted Obama.supporters) he was done before he started as far as running for president go's . All that aside, Ron Paul was nothing more then a fad. An old ass washed up career politician who was facing crushing defeat in his district and worshiped by the 99%. You can have the moonbat. As for leaving, you can just go drink bleach. Its a public forum and I'll post what I please where I please and you can just cry to a mod or shut the fuck up. Sheesh, typical Paultard.

That's wonderfully irrelevant to the topic. Yes, you dont like ron paul. Great. Speaking of complete irrelevancy...Your opinion is just that. Thanks for stopping in to derail the topic so you could share with us the utmost in irrelevancy. Ah, irony. It's sometimes delicious.

would have gotten no where if he followed govt. sanctioned protocol on reporting itself to itself. How this logic escapes people is beyond me. Yeah, yeah. He "gave" info to china, allegedly. BFD. Info they probably not only already knew, but probably knew more about it than Snowden even did.

No. It makes it unbearably fucked up. We now live under the kind of regime we once despise.

It makes it better than OK. He shared with the American people criminal activity of the government. And the best you people can say is that he didn't ask the government to investigate itself before exposing their crime. The only palce to view the governments actions from knowing full well they weren't going to do anything about it, as passed experience shows, is what paul is saying. Anyone who tries to expose government criminal activity is an enemy of the state. Sure, they wind up half conscious plebs with national security terrorist fear monger bullshit, and of course they lap it up.

The state does not own the information it was stealing. No more than any other thief owns the property they steal. Taking it from them and exposing it doesn't give them any authority over the stolen information. It takes a great leap in logic to conclude otherwise.

Last edited:

Lost cred? Bullshit. Ron Paul retired because he's 77years old. Get over yourself.

That's wonderfully irrelevant to the topic. Yes, you dont like ron paul. Great. Speaking of complete irrelevancy...Your opinion is just that. Thanks for stopping in to derail the topic so you could share with us the utmost in irrelevancy. Ah, irony. It's sometimes delicious.

^ More Paultardery. Say there Paul guy, wanna talk about irrelevant, how come thegeatfagsby had to pull Paul's blather off google images ? Its also on above top secret as well as the lunatic underground, but that's about it. Why is that ? Irrelevancy ? You Paultards know all about that.

would have gotten no where if he followed govt. sanctioned protocol on reporting itself to itself. How this logic escapes people is beyond me. Yeah, yeah. He "gave" info to china, allegedly. BFD. Info they probably not only already knew, but probably knew more about it than Snowden even did.

No. It makes it unbearably fucked up. We now live under the kind of regime we once despise.

^ we have become a national socialistic authoritarian state that uses it's power around the globe to bend the globe to it's will and it's power within to enslave the masses.

Instead of just putting a frigging lock on the pilot's cabin we created a MASSIVE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. We invaded a dozen countries in response to the act of one man who was not even the leader of a country. Osama was a paid agent of the USA.

We threw out liberty for an extremely small measure of security and no longer deserve to be called Americans.

Forum List

Back