Ronald Reagan is a tyrant!

I don't get the Regan love either. Was it he or was it not he and his ilk who placed SS into the general fund? I claim ignorance on this end because I've never studied it or thought of it again until now.

I don't get the Regan love either. Was it he or was it not he and his ilk who placed SS into the general fund? I claim ignorance on this end because I've never studied it or thought of it again until now.

People were sure pissed when he shut down US mainland military bases, but kept open the ones overseas...I did vote for him in 1980...

Actually, Reagan enrolled in a series of home-study Army Extension Courses on 18 March 1935. After completing 14 of the courses, he enlisted in the Army Enlisted Reserve on 29 April 1937.

Last edited:
Lets see, Reagan served his country and Obama served in an alien military on another planet where they call people, CORPSE-MAN
[ame=http://youtu.be/dlkK65y_-T4]Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube[/ame]

Reagan sold weapons to terrorists. It doesn't matter what he did in the 1940s after that fact is considered.

CaféAuLait;8958221 said:
Executive Order 12548 -- Grazing Fees

February 14, 1986

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, and in order to provide for establishment of appropriate fees for the grazing of domestic livestock on public rangelands, it is ordered as follows:

Section 1. Determination of Fees. The Secretaries of Agriculture and the Interior are directed to exercise their authority, to the extent permitted by law under the various statutes they administer, to establish fees for domestic livestock grazing on the public rangelands which annually equals the $1.23 base established by the 1966 Western Livestock Grazing Survey multiplied by the result of the Forage Value Index (computed annually from data supplied by the Statistical Reporting Service) added to the Combined Index (Beef Cattle Price Index minus the Prices Paid Index) and divided by 100; provided, that the annual increase or decrease in such fee for any given year shall be limited to not more than plus or minus 25 percent of the previous year's fee, and provided further, that the fee shall not be less than $1.35 per animal unit month.

Sec. 2. Definitions. As used in this Order, the term:

(a) ``Public rangelands'' has the same meaning as in the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 (Public Law 95 - 514);

(b) ``Forage Value Index'' means the weighted average estimate of the annual rental charge per head per month for pasturing cattle on private rangelands in the 11 Western States (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and California) (computed by the Statistical Reporting Service from the June Enumerative Survey) divided by $3.65 and multiplied by 100;

© ``Beef Cattle Price Index'' means the weighted average annual selling price for beef cattle (excluding calves) in the 11 Western States (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and California) for November through October (computed by the Statistical Reporting Service) divided by $22.04 per hundred weight and multiplied by 100; and

(d) ``Prices Paid Index'' means the following selected components from the Statistical Reporting Service's Annual National Index of Prices Paid by Farmers for Goods and Services adjusted by the weights indicated in parentheses to reflect livestock production costs in the Western States: 1. Fuels and Energy (14.5); 2. Farm and Motor Supplies (12.0); 3. Autos and Trucks (4.5); 4. Tractors and Self-Propelled Machinery (4.5); 5. Other Machinery (12.0); 6. Building and Fencing Materials (14.5); 7. Interest (6.0); 8. Farm Wage Rates (14.0); 9. Farm Services (18.0).

Sec. 3. Any and all existing rules, practices, policies, and regulations relating to the administration of the formula for grazing fees in section 6(a) of the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 shall continue in full force and effect.

Sec. 4. This Order shall be effective immediately.

Ronald Reagan

The White House,

February 14, 1986.

And by executive order too...oh it must burn..I think some people will be avoiding this thread...

Avoiding? LOL

Um, yes he signed that to make the existing law better than it was. His executive order actually made it so farmers knew what they were going to pay and in many a case less than they already were. In his Executive order he added BCPI and PPI to the fee formula. Did you know that? Including that assured ranchers and farmers would pay on average $1.43 per head instead of 4.36 per head.

Reagan called himself a "sagebrush rebel" to let those ranchers during the Sagebrush Rebellion in the 70s and 80s know he supported them? And he did so with many laws, this was one of them.

Sagebrush Rebellion

Sagebrush Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/range456/readings/PRIA JRM_Reprint.pdf

He also sent ranchers a personal telegram at the Sagebrush Rebellion Convention.

The telegram Reagan sent said; "best wishes to all my fellow 'Sagebrush Rebels'""I renew my pledge to work toward a 'sagebrush solution.' My administration will work to ensure that states have an equitable share of public lands and their natural resources. To all, good luck and thanks for your support.

Reagan Cheer's Sagebrush Rebels:

The Prescott Courier - Google News Archive Search

And Plasma just keeps ignoring the truth that things are not always as it seems. Many times they need to research further rather than just assume. Great info here CaféAuLait. Thanks.

That doesn't let Ronnie off the hook.

1. He could have let the fees expire. He didn't.St. Ronnie extended them permanently.

2. <teabagger> It's a tax, for all intents -- and Reagan subverted the Congress in imposing that Executive Order. </teabagger>

The PRIA fee formula expired on December 31, 1985, but was indefinitely extended by Executive Order 12548 (2/14/86) with an imposed minimum fee of $1.35 AUM -1 . The Executive Order also included a provision that changed the data series used to compute the FVI from a $ AUM -1 to a $ head -1 basis.
We understand that this change occurred not because of a perceived need for a different data series, but rather the loose language used in the Executive Order, i.e. those writing the order did not recognize that $ head -1 and $ AUM -1 values are not the same and specified $ head -1 instead of the $ AUM -1 index that had historically been used (Personal communication, Mr. Don Waite, former BLM economist, Washington, D.C.). The changes proposed in the Executive Order were implemented with the 1986 fee year.​

To add:

"The grazing fees are not determined by the BLM. They are a based on a formula which was originally set by Congress in the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 and modified via executive order (Order 12548 &#8212; Grazing Fees) under President Ronald Reagan in 1986. The fee falls and rises based on the cost of livestock production, beef cattle prices and current private grazing land lease rates. Known as the per animal unit month (AUM), today it is $1.35, compared to the $1.23 per AUM that it was in 1966. This is actually a decrease when adjusted for inflation, as $1.23 in 1966 would convert to $25.40 in 2013. Grazing fees from 19814 to 2012 can be seen here (PDF).

These rates were set in stone by way of Ronald Reagan&#8217;s executive order as of 1986. Executive Order 12548."

To add:

"The grazing fees are not determined by the BLM. They are a based on a formula which was originally set by Congress in the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 and modified via executive order (Order 12548 — Grazing Fees) under President Ronald Reagan in 1986. The fee falls and rises based on the cost of livestock production, beef cattle prices and current private grazing land lease rates. Known as the per animal unit month (AUM), today it is $1.35, compared to the $1.23 per AUM that it was in 1966. This is actually a decrease when adjusted for inflation, as $1.23 in 1966 would convert to $25.40 in 2013. Grazing fees from 19814 to 2012 can be seen here (PDF).

These rates were set in stone by way of Ronald Reagan’s executive order as of 1986. Executive Order 12548."

you know it is irrelevant to them. right?

To add:

"The grazing fees are not determined by the BLM. They are a based on a formula which was originally set by Congress in the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 and modified via executive order (Order 12548 — Grazing Fees) under President Ronald Reagan in 1986. The fee falls and rises based on the cost of livestock production, beef cattle prices and current private grazing land lease rates. Known as the per animal unit month (AUM), today it is $1.35, compared to the $1.23 per AUM that it was in 1966. This is actually a decrease when adjusted for inflation, as $1.23 in 1966 would convert to $25.40 in 2013. Grazing fees from 19814 to 2012 can be seen here (PDF).

These rates were set in stone by way of Ronald Reagan’s executive order as of 1986. Executive Order 12548."

you know it is irrelevant to them. right?
To the usual nutters here, sure...but I bank on the lurkers and the rational ones who use critical thinking skills.

There still are a few left. :)

Reagan signed foraging fees for cattle on fed lands. And?

And that's it...This giant conspiracy was helped by saint ronnie.
It's the gift that keeps on giving. The right complains about the left doing something, then they get pointed to evidence the right does the same thing and all of a sudden it's no big deal anymore, or they ignore it so they can still go after the left.

Uneducated turds are ruining this nation. That goes for both sides.

The only thing Bundy should have won was handcuffs and a free ride to jail.

the poor dears

they have to dig up Reagan to justify this outrageous show of force by this administration on this ONE RANCHER who just happens to be in Dirty HARRY'S state

such a coincidence isn't it?

We saw who the terrorist are and it's this administration and the Democrat party, against we the people

Forum List

Back