roundup of many, MANY ways state GOP's are rocketing forward with proposals to strip away abortion, contraception, even freedom of movement from women

Texas, along with many other states, has a trigger law that will outlaw abortion 30 days after Roe v Wade is overturned making it a felony

The Death of Roe Is Going to Tear America Apart - The New York Times “Under a Texas law passed last year, people in other states sending abortion pills through the mail to Texas residents could be extradited to face felony charges…”

I guess the OP doesn't realize how much overreach there was by the Supreme Court prior to 2021. Obviously Roe needs to be overturned, so does Obergefell, Griswald, and Loving.

Those are next, no more same sex marriage and no more interracial marriages.

What obergfell should have done is say States can't be forced to issue SSM licenses, but they can be forced to recognize out of State SSM licenses issued by other States.

And despite attempts to the contrary, race and sexuality are not the same thing.

The question isn't, should the state allow same sex, or interracial, or even incestuous marriages.

The real question is, why does the state have any control over marriage in the first place.

What obergfell should have done is say States can't be forced to issue SSM licenses, but they can be forced to recognize out of State SSM licenses issued by other States.

And despite attempts to the contrary, race and sexuality are not the same thing.

Did not say they were the same thing, but both will be attacked in the coming year.

The question isn't, should the state allow same sex, or interracial, or even incestuous marriages.

The real question is, why does the state have any control over marriage in the first place.

Now that I agree with 100%. I have said on here many times that the Govt should not be in the Marriage business.

If people wish to be "married" they can do it via their church. If a couple wishes marriage like legal arranging they can have a contract drawn up.

Did not say they were the same thing, but both will be attacked in the coming year.

No one to my knowledge besides the KKuckers and some crazy black nationalists are actively against interracial marriage. To say otherwise is to be removed from reality and joining the panic paddy wagon.

No one to my knowledge besides the KKuckers and some crazy black nationalists are actively against interracial marriage. To say otherwise is to be removed from reality and joining the panic paddy wagon.

So, is Lenn a KKuckers or some crazy black nationalist?

You have a direct quote of his about what you are talking about?

1652272196822.png

Ok add a strict strict strict constructionist to the list.

You have any actual evidence of a groundswell movement to get rid of Loving?

Give it a bit of time, once the ball starts rolling it will be very hard to stop. Same sex marriage will be first. Then I suspect birth control will be next.

Give it a bit of time, once the ball starts rolling it will be very hard to stop. Same sex marriage will be first. Then I suspect birth control will be next.

SSM only because the ruling was as bad as Roe.

nope to birth control, and nope to Loving.

Both Griswold and Loving were based on the same logic as SSM and RvW

Didn't Loving involve a license issued outside of Virginia but not allowed in Virginia?

The thing is the marriage was "equal" under the law, because again race and sex/sexuality are not the same thing.

Griswold might be a trickier application, but the difference between that and Roe is contraception doesn't involve another separate lifeform.

Forum List

Back