Roy Moore says he'll sue WaPo

Once again --- what is there to "retract"?

The story, once again, is that a woman reounts how Roy Moore groped her when she was 14.
That's a fact. She did indeed tell that story.

So again --- what's to "retract"?

And journalists of integrity usually have some corroboration before they make the story known. We saw this with the Rolling Stone rape accusation that turned up a reporter that did zero due diligence, and now she and her employer are on the hook.

Her story is corroborated. At least three other people backed it up, and I didn't even research it.

Are you talking about the 3 others he supposedly dates/try to date?

That corroborates he likes younger women, which is also corroborated by the fact his wife is 14 years younger than him.

What it doesn't corroborate is any relation with the 14 year old.

No. I'm referring to three other friends of hers who confirmed that she related the same story in the past.
All referring to the same incident with the same person.

So hearsay, not actual corroboration.

ahhhh... you know those are not opposites, right?

cor·rob·o·rate
kəˈräbəˌrāt/
verb
verb: corroborate; 3rd person present: corroborates; past tense: corroborated; past participle: corroborated; gerund or present participle: corroborating
confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
"the witness had corroborated the boy's account of the attack"
synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify​

The statement is corroborated. By at least three people. That was your point of questioning, and it was delivered.

Anything else?

He isn't a pedophile.

what's the word for a 36 year old man preying upon on 14 year old girls??

WHO KNOWS how many others he has molested and at what age??

i heard the younger girls that he buggered just haven't ever spoken up YET. :thup:

Actually its an ephebophile, and considering he married someone around 24 and stayed married to her that diagnosis isn't really firm.

Your Liberal scheme against Roy Moore just fell apart Libruls ...Putin declared that Roy Moore was totally innocent ...so you are done ...
New Roy Moore accuser to disclose sexual assault allegations, Gloria Allred says

"An Alabama woman is expected to disclose allegations of sexual assault against Roy Moore during a press conference today in New York.

New York Attorney Gloria Allred is holding a press conference at 1:30 p.m. CST (2:30 p.m. EST) with the new accuser, whose name hasn't been made public. The woman alleges that Moore, Alabama's Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, assaulted her when she was a minor.

"The new accuser wishes to state what she alleges Roy Moore did to her without her consent," a news release from the lawyer states."

And journalists of integrity usually have some corroboration before they make the story known. We saw this with the Rolling Stone rape accusation that turned up a reporter that did zero due diligence, and now she and her employer are on the hook.

Her story is corroborated. At least three other people backed it up, and I didn't even research it.

Are you talking about the 3 others he supposedly dates/try to date?

That corroborates he likes younger women, which is also corroborated by the fact his wife is 14 years younger than him.

What it doesn't corroborate is any relation with the 14 year old.

No. I'm referring to three other friends of hers who confirmed that she related the same story in the past.
All referring to the same incident with the same person.

So hearsay, not actual corroboration.

ahhhh... you know those are not opposites, right?

cor·rob·o·rate
kəˈräbəˌrāt/
verb
verb: corroborate; 3rd person present: corroborates; past tense: corroborated; past participle: corroborated; gerund or present participle: corroborating
confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
"the witness had corroborated the boy's account of the attack"
synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify​

The statement is corroborated. By at least three people. That was your point of questioning, and it was delivered.

Anything else?

Corroboration involves 3rd hand confirmation of the events, not someone TALKING about the events.

In your case the witness saw the attack, not the boy saying he was attacked.

In the actual case all that has been confirmed in the story is that she told others about the supposed incident, not that they saw the incident.

He'll lose if all they did was report what the accusers said..especially if the accusers are willing to testify under oath. Most judges will look at it as the WP as just being the messenger.

The only way it goes for his side is if her story falls apart, and it is found the Post could have easily found out so with some digging.
Yeah, I agree. I also think that Moore will have to demonstrate that the WaPo printed false information (either knowingly or wrecklessly) with an intent to defame him and damage his campaign. Not so easy to do in court, especially for a public figure. And very hard to do if the accusers stand by their story.
Moore is a political candidate and politician. The bar goes up drastically on politicians & their political opponents can get away with murder.

Just look at trump

Which again just makes this a political ploy.

holy crap, spock... a political PLOY to not give pedophiles the ability to legislate in America! :laugh2:

McConnell on Moore: 'I believe the women' - CNNPolitics

He isn't a pedophile.

Just likes em young?

Like a lot of Hollywood, yes.

Like Trump at a Miss Universe pageant

When did he date a Miss Universe contestant?

If Roy Moore Isn't Rock Bottom for Republicans, What the Hell Is?
A Moore win in Alabama would signal a level of hypocrisy and hyper-partisanship that bodes poorly for America

Republicans hit rock bottom a year and a half ago when they nominated Donald Trump.

At this point we're entering the Twilight Zone.
23517490_2114337188577248_1582637627413549968_n.jpg

holy crap, spock... a political PLOY to not give pedophiles the ability to legislate in America! :laugh2:

McConnell on Moore: 'I believe the women' - CNNPolitics

He isn't a pedophile.

Just likes em young?

A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe

From walking into a teen dressing room to joking about his obligation to sleep with contestants, Trump's a storied pageant creep

There has been no testimony, just allegations in the press with no actual proof.
McConnell Says He Believes Women Accusing Moore
November 13, 2017 at 11:47 am ESTBy Taegan Goddard185 Comments

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) should leave the race, Politico reports.

Said McConnell: “I think he should step aside. I believe the women, yes.”

That's funny. I bet you hate McConnell and don't believe him on other subjects.
We Democrats are having fun indeed watching you all destroy yourselves.

Popcorn just doesn't work any longer. We have eaten waaay too much already.

Is Popcorn the name of the squirrel in the Oak tree behind your trailer?
Again.....why are you forgetting the topic of this thread and talking only about the poster, MarkDuffy? Surely you are confident enough to stand with the relevant topic material alone........?

Not at all, but perhaps you might want to address squirrel eater about that.

He isn't a pedophile.

Just likes em young?

From walking into a teen dressing room to joking about his obligation to sleep with contestants, Trump's a storied pageant creep

Ah more of the "he said dumb things and did the same thing all the other guys involved in the pageant did" crap....

At worst it would be the MF version of pederasty, not pedophilia.

And that's better? You're making a partisan bargain with a creeper of high school girls. So much for morality!

The other 3 stories involved 17-18 year olds, which can consent in Alabama and other states.

Why was a man in his thirties pursuing high school girls?

So you're not denying the accusation that he pursued high school girls, you're denying the accusation he did anything sexual with them?

Why do Men in there thirties pursue Men in there thirties? Curious people want to know.
I don't believe that is the topic of this thread either. Why can't you stay on the topic of Roy Moore saying he's gonna sue the WaPost? I'm curious why all the off-topic tangents.

He asked a question. I answered it.

So, why the deflection Bodey?

Just likes em young?

Ah more of the "he said dumb things and did the same thing all the other guys involved in the pageant did" crap....
American has a much higher bar for our presidents

A Moore win in Alabama would signal a level of hypocrisy and hyper-partisanship that bodes poorly for America

Republicans hit rock bottom a year and a half ago when they nominated Donald Trump.

At this point we're entering the Twilight Zone.
23517490_2114337188577248_1582637627413549968_n.jpg

Better watch out TS!. The thread monitor Bodey is gonna beat you up for going off topic!

I'm just helping when I can

Hollywood does the same thing, glorifies it in fact. So though doth protest too much.

Ah, but you're the "family values", "Christian", self-proclaimed moral people. So you using Hollywood as the excuse to justify your own depravity doesn't really work here. Nothing Hollywood did caused Moore to pursue these girls. He did that with guidance from The Bible.

When i went to high school in the late 80's early 90's plenty of girls 16-18 were picked up by guys in their late 20's, maybe 30's. I thought it sucked then, as they usually took the best looking ones out of the mix, but there was nothing "wrong" about it.

Well, firstly anecdotes don't mean anything to me. Secondly, just because you didn't see anything wrong with it, doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it.

Leonardo Dicaprio keeps aging, and yet the girls he dates remains in the same range, 19-24 I'd say.

But they're adults. That's the difference. If Moore was dating women in his 20's as a man in his 30's (or even college girls), I wouldn't have an issue with it. But this guy was lurking around high school football games, grooming girls in high school civics classes, and spotting them in places like custody hearings. He was completely using his station and status to groom high schoolers. That's ick. All sort of ick.

Let him sue

He will have to prove what they printed was not true......Love to see him take the stand

I'd love to see the accuser under oath. What, you afraid to see that?

Sure...love to see it

Let Moore testify UNDER OATH that he did not date High School girls like the WaPo said he did

Opens the door to trot out all the girls

He couldnt even deny it under the artful leading questions of Hannity. He was just like "Not typically" and then yells hes going to sue.

Bet anyones signature he doesnt sue anyone, its just a bluff

Forum List

Back