Roy Moore says he'll sue WaPo

So now when called out on overestimating his power at the time, you find another excuse to gun for him, as if the actual events don't matter, just your hatred for his politics.

Huh? What? What are you talking about? Can you please write a coherent sentence that expresses a cogent argument.

I'm not a fan of his politics either, but that doesn't mean I favor railroading a guy over accusations of things that happened decades ago, and only now come up at the perfect time to prevent the Republican party from replacing him on the ballot.

How is he being railroaded? If the accusations are false, have Moore swear under oath his side of the story. Why won't he do that? BTW - Moore never denied pursuing, dating, kissing, and hugging high school girls. Why was he doing that? Why did he think it was OK? And if he thought it was OK, what else does he believe that is gross and disgusting? Perhaps his view of the Constitution is as warped as his view of gettin' with high school girls. You're saying "I'm nt a fan of his politics"...OK, why not? Why aren't you a fan of his politics? Explain yourself.

Most guys who are offenders of this nature never stop, i.e. weinsten. he had enough money to get hookers to play out his fantasies, but he didn't and he continued his behavior after marriage and through the decades.

Maybe he did...we don't know because Moore isn't coming clean about anything. He's just blanket denying everything, even when it's true...like how he pursued high school girls as young as 14.

So now when called out on overestimating his power at the time, you find another excuse to gun for him, as if the actual events don't matter, just your hatred for his politics.

Huh? What? What are you talking about? Can you please write a coherent sentence that expresses a cogent argument.

I'm not a fan of his politics either, but that doesn't mean I favor railroading a guy over accusations of things that happened decades ago, and only now come up at the perfect time to prevent the Republican party from replacing him on the ballot.

How is he being railroaded? If the accusations are false, have Moore swear under oath his side of the story. Why won't he do that? BTW - Moore never denied pursuing, dating, kissing, and hugging high school girls. Why was he doing that? Why did he think it was OK? And if he thought it was OK, what else does he believe that is gross and disgusting? Perhaps his view of the Constitution is as warped as his view of gettin' with high school girls. You're saying "I'm nt a fan of his politics"...OK, why not? Why aren't you a fan of his politics? Explain yourself.

Most guys who are offenders of this nature never stop, i.e. weinsten. he had enough money to get hookers to play out his fantasies, but he didn't and he continued his behavior after marriage and through the decades.

Maybe he did...we don't know because Moore isn't coming clean about anything. He's just blanket denying everything, even when it's true...like how he pursued high school girls as young as 14.

That's prolly because Roy Moore is way over his own head in how to navigate all this ---

>> Early in the class, McGee called on one of Wilson’s classmates, a United States Military Academy graduate named Roy Moore. “And, for the entire hour, McGee kept him standing and talking, standing and talking,” Wilson told me recently. “Finally, at the end of the hour, McGee said to him, ‘Mr. Moore, I have been teaching in this school for thirty years, and in all of that time you’re the most mixed-up person I’ve ever taught. I’m going to call you Fruit Salad.”

John D. Saxon, a civil-rights attorney practicing in Birmingham, also took McGee’s class. He confirmed Wilson’s account. “We’re all sitting there just kind of praying. ‘Dear Lord, glad this isn’t me, please help old Roy out.’ But he was totally, hopelessly confused.” Two days later, Saxon said, McGee called on Moore again. “He says, ‘Fruit Salad, take this case.’ ” Roy was puzzled, Saxon said, and McGee repeated himself. “He says, ‘Professor McGee, it’s me, Mr. Moore.’ At which point McGee gets him in front of the room, takes Moore’s hand, and starts turning him in circles. He says, ‘Mr. Moore, you’re all mixed up, like a fruit salad.’ He proceeded to call him Fruit Salad for the rest of law school.” Saxon added, “Years later, I’m watching the ten-o’clock news with my wife and there’s this circuit judge up in Etowah County with this little plaque with the Ten Commandments on the wall behind him, and I said to her, ‘Look, there’s Fruit Salad.’ ”

... “I remember our constitutional-law professor really ripping Roy apart using the Socratic method and thinking, in retrospect, ‘I can’t believe this man went to West Point.’ Because you kind of think that you have to be smart to go to West Point,” one classmate, who, like Moore, became a judge, told me. Another classmate said that she used to sit with a good friend of hers in every class. “Roy always sat in front of us, and he would turn around and flirt. He’s the one thing that brought humor to us, because he was, well, kind of a doofus,” she said. “He’d yak at us. We were both single, rolling our eyes.” She added, “And then Roy would ask all of these questions to put himself in the middle of debating with an intelligent professor, and he was always cut to shreds.”

Julia Smeds Roth, a partner at the law firm Eyster Key, in Decatur, said that she and her friends called Moore and those he spent time with “the lounge lizards,” because they were always in the student lounge playing cards. “He’d go to class, but he was argumentative, very stubborn, and not very thoughtful in his analysis of the cases. He was not a very attentive student. For the most part, students didn’t respect him much.” She added, “Of all my classmates, he was the least likely I’d think would become a U.S. senator.” << --- Why Roy Moore's Law Professor Nicknamed him 'Fruit Salad'

It would appear this Roy Moore is not exactly the brightest bulb in the light tower. He understands that waving a gun around or putting up the Ten Commandments will snare some emotions and therefore votes. He understands that signing high school yearbooks "DA" and hanging around the mall will snare some young girls' attention. But given the machinations of how the world (or the law, or the Constitution) actually works, he's dazed and confused.

Fruit salad hasn't changed.

When did he date a Miss Universe contestant?

Actually he didn't need to. He cut right to the chase and just walked into their dressing room. Habitually.
Presumably it cuts out all that drudgery of asking permission. And saves Tic Tacs.

Oval. Office. Blowjobs.

I didn't know Rump did that.
Got a link?

I guess you are shoving Clinton down the memory hole now that their political worth is near zero.

I guess you are unable to show the class where any name resembling "Clinton" shows up in Roy Moore's name. Or in the name of the publication "Washington Post".

Wassamatta? Having trouble following the topic?

Pogo's Law strikes again.

And the banal hypocrisy of the left strikes the same place as usual.

Why do you care so much? Ah yes, you hate his politics and see this as a chance to get a D+1 in the senate.

You're asking why I care that the Conservative nominee is accused of assaulting high school girls? How come you're not concerned? Oh, because you think assaulting high school girls is OK...that's the only explanation that makes any sense.

How come you deflect every time I bring up the exact same thing being done by an industry full of people from the left?

I'm asking specifically about your compulsion to "whatabout". How come you do that? Is it because you are so desperate to prove everyone else is just as shitty as you? Well, we condemn our sexual predators...whereas you embrace them. But that doesn't explain why you whatabout. So why do you whatabout? What about that?

No, because this smells like a political witch hunt.

What it shows is your hypocrisy.

Dodge, duck dip, dive and dodge.

When has he been asked to do so? And again, hollywood types date people that young all the time, and yet nothing is said about it.

Now that the accusations are out in the open, why aren't more recent events, if the exist, coming out, ones that would be far easier to verify than 40 year old ones....

But you are getting the political result you want, so asking questions is necessary, you cheap, dime store hack.

That's prolly because Roy Moore is way over his own head in how to navigate all this ---

>> Early in the class, McGee called on one of Wilson’s classmates, a United States Military Academy graduate named Roy Moore. “And, for the entire hour, McGee kept him standing and talking, standing and talking,” Wilson told me recently. “Finally, at the end of the hour, McGee said to him, ‘Mr. Moore, I have been teaching in this school for thirty years, and in all of that time you’re the most mixed-up person I’ve ever taught. I’m going to call you Fruit Salad.”

John D. Saxon, a civil-rights attorney practicing in Birmingham, also took McGee’s class. He confirmed Wilson’s account. “We’re all sitting there just kind of praying. ‘Dear Lord, glad this isn’t me, please help old Roy out.’ But he was totally, hopelessly confused.” Two days later, Saxon said, McGee called on Moore again. “He says, ‘Fruit Salad, take this case.’ ” Roy was puzzled, Saxon said, and McGee repeated himself. “He says, ‘Professor McGee, it’s me, Mr. Moore.’ At which point McGee gets him in front of the room, takes Moore’s hand, and starts turning him in circles. He says, ‘Mr. Moore, you’re all mixed up, like a fruit salad.’ He proceeded to call him Fruit Salad for the rest of law school.” Saxon added, “Years later, I’m watching the ten-o’clock news with my wife and there’s this circuit judge up in Etowah County with this little plaque with the Ten Commandments on the wall behind him, and I said to her, ‘Look, there’s Fruit Salad.’ ”

... “I remember our constitutional-law professor really ripping Roy apart using the Socratic method and thinking, in retrospect, ‘I can’t believe this man went to West Point.’ Because you kind of think that you have to be smart to go to West Point,” one classmate, who, like Moore, became a judge, told me. Another classmate said that she used to sit with a good friend of hers in every class. “Roy always sat in front of us, and he would turn around and flirt. He’s the one thing that brought humor to us, because he was, well, kind of a doofus,” she said. “He’d yak at us. We were both single, rolling our eyes.” She added, “And then Roy would ask all of these questions to put himself in the middle of debating with an intelligent professor, and he was always cut to shreds.”

Julia Smeds Roth, a partner at the law firm Eyster Key, in Decatur, said that she and her friends called Moore and those he spent time with “the lounge lizards,” because they were always in the student lounge playing cards. “He’d go to class, but he was argumentative, very stubborn, and not very thoughtful in his analysis of the cases. He was not a very attentive student. For the most part, students didn’t respect him much.” She added, “Of all my classmates, he was the least likely I’d think would become a U.S. senator.” << --- Why Roy Moore's Law Professor Nicknamed him 'Fruit Salad'

It would appear this Roy Moore is not exactly the brightest bulb in the light tower. He understands that waving a gun around or putting up the Ten Commandments will snare some emotions and therefore votes. He understands that signing high school yearbooks "DA" and hanging around the mall will snare some young girls' attention. But given the machinations of how the world (or the law, or the Constitution) actually works, he's dazed and confused.

You just provide more evidence that this is all about you not liking the guy.

It figures progressives condone what would today be considered a form of bullying probably.

It figures progressives condone what would today be considered a form of bullying probably.

That's not bullying, that's law school.

Ever seen The Paper Chase?

Ummmm...... I wasn't there at that law school, I'm not that law professor, and I have no personal interactive experience with Roy Moore to either "like" or "not like". I simply related the experiences of those who actually were there.

Who, we might note, also made no mention of "liking" or "not liking" the guy. You seem to be enslaved to emotions here.

Here's the thing about "witch hunts": the women accused of witchcraft were innocent and there was no question of their innocence because witches like the kind they thought existed then weren't real.

But Moore being a serial predator is a very real thing with first hand accounts. So for Moore, or you, to call this a witch hunt comes from the assumption that Moore is innocent. And he's given no indication that is the case.

No because you're foisting a straw man argument on me...you're saying that I defend serial abusers just like you and that makes me a hypocrite because you're a hypocrite. But that's not how hypocrisy works. You would have a point if I was selling out my principles to defend serial abusers, but I'm not and never have. So in order for you to feel better about yourself, you have to foist an imaginary straw man on me to argue.

That is the technique of propagandists, specifically Soviet-style propagandists.

So you haven't done anything to prove you're not one of those propagandists.

Actually he didn't need to. He cut right to the chase and just walked into their dressing room. Habitually.
Presumably it cuts out all that drudgery of asking permission. And saves Tic Tacs.

Oval. Office. Blowjobs.

Got a link?

I guess you are shoving Clinton down the memory hole now that their political worth is near zero.

I guess you are unable to show the class where any name resembling "Clinton" shows up in Roy Moore's name. Or in the name of the publication "Washington Post".

I didn't know you were on "the left" but it's got less to do with "hypocrisy" than with a desperate deflection engaged because you can't handle the topic at hand.

Also known as the Tu Quoque Fallacy, or its trendy new name, "Whataboutism".

That's exactly what "whataboutism" is...so every time you invoke anyone else who may have committed sexual assault, you are exercising "whataboutism" in order to avoid having a discussion about the specific topic at hand. That is a deliberate action you are taking in order to deflect the conversation and elicit an emotional response. But it's not going to work with me. So stop.

When has he been asked to do so? And again, hollywood types date people that young all the time, and yet nothing is said about it.

See above.

Now that the accusations are out in the open, why aren't more recent events, if the exist, coming out, ones that would be far easier to verify than 40 year old ones....

Maybe there will be..you don't know. So please, for the second time I am asking what amount of time is sufficient for you in order to believe the accusations? 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? 29 years? You're saying there is some magic number where a sufficient amount of time has passed in order for you to believe the accusations. So I'm asking you, what is that amount of time? What's the specific cutoff? You're saying "recent" but you don't further explain what "recent" means. I personally think you did that to set yourself up in parameters you can wiggle around as it suits your argument. Very dishonest. Very trollish.

NowBut you are getting the political result you want, so asking questions is necessary, you cheap, dime store hack.

The political result I want is for all Conservatives to be removed from power because all Conservatives are just like Roy Moore...only some of them are less overt about their predatory and manipulative habits. But when it comes down to it, y'all believe the same crazy shit; that it's OK for a 32 year old man to pursue high school girls. Every Conservative thinks that's OK and they use their Bible to justify it.

How so? How does posting accounts from Moore's classmates make you think it's personal?

Stop pretending to be the victim. You're no victim of anything other than the propaganda you spread.

That's not bullying, that's law school.

Ever seen The Paper Chase?

Enabler.

Ummmm...... I wasn't there at that law school, I'm not that law professor, and I have no personal interactive experience with Roy Moore to either "like" or "not like". I simply related the experiences of those who actually were there.

Who, we might note, also made no mention of "liking" or "not liking" the guy. You seem to be enslaved to emotions here.

More of the dogpile from the left on the guy.

Here's the thing about "witch hunts": the women accused of witchcraft were innocent and there was no question of their innocence because witches like the kind they thought existed then weren't real.

But Moore being a serial predator is a very real thing with first hand accounts. So for Moore, or you, to call this a witch hunt comes from the assumption that Moore is innocent. And he's given no indication that is the case.

No because you're foisting a straw man argument on me...you're saying that I defend serial abusers just like you and that makes me a hypocrite because you're a hypocrite. But that's not how hypocrisy works. You would have a point if I was selling out my principles to defend serial abusers, but I'm not and never have. So in order for you to feel better about yourself, you have to foist an imaginary straw man on me to argue.

That is the technique of propagandists, specifically Soviet-style propagandists.

So you haven't done anything to prove you're not one of those propagandists.

Again putting the cart before the horse. And he has denied any illegal acts.

No, it makes you a hack because you only care about that D+1.

Would you trade a confession by Moore for the right of the Governor to appoint a Republican to serve out the rest of the term?

Oval. Office. Blowjobs.

Got a link?

I didn't know you were on "the left" but it's got less to do with "hypocrisy" than with a desperate deflection engaged because you can't handle the topic at hand.

Tu Quoque only works if you are trying to absolve two equal acts, I'm not absolving Weinstein, and if actual evidence comes out against Moore doing something illegal, I won't absolve him either.

That's exactly what "whataboutism" is...so every time you invoke anyone else who may have committed sexual assault, you are exercising "whataboutism" in order to avoid having a discussion about the specific topic at hand. That is a deliberate action you are taking in order to deflect the conversation and elicit an emotional response. But it's not going to work with me. So stop.

See above.

Maybe there will be..you don't know. So please, for the second time I am asking what amount of time is sufficient for you in order to believe the accusations? 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? 29 years? You're saying there is some magic number where a sufficient amount of time has passed in order for you to believe the accusations. So I'm asking you, what is that amount of time? What's the specific cutoff? You're saying "recent" but you don't further explain what "recent" means. I personally think you did that to set yourself up in parameters you can wiggle around as it suits your argument. Very dishonest. Very trollish.

NowBut you are getting the political result you want, so asking questions is necessary, you cheap, dime store hack.

The political result I want is for all Conservatives to be removed from power because all Conservatives are just like Roy Moore...only some of them are less overt about their predatory and manipulative habits. But when it comes down to it, y'all believe the same crazy shit; that it's OK for a 32 year old man to pursue high school girls. Every Conservative thinks that's OK and they use their Bible to justify it.

Stop making up words, it doesn't help

Derp

Right now none of these accusations would result in a conviction in a court even without a Statue of limitations.

What a fascist fuck you are.

Got a link?

Tu Quoque only works if you are trying to absolve two equal acts, I'm not absolving Weinstein, and if actual evidence comes out against Moore doing something illegal, I won't absolve him either.

Weinstein's first name is "Clinton" is it? I can't even keep up.

Are we finding it a challenge to distinguish between the concept "Roy Moore" and the concept "everybody else in the world"?

Again putting the cart before the horse. And he has denied any illegal acts.

But he hasn't denied the pervy acts. He hasn't denied he pursued these girls. He hasn't denied he dated these girls. He hasn't denied he "hugged and kissed" these girls. Of course he's going to deny abusing them, but the problem is that he's already stepped in it. He flat out denied any contact to start, then walked that back on Hannity by saying he did have contact...so what we have here is nearly the same thing we have when it comes to Trump and Russia...the blanket denials are so easily debunked it forces the question why deny something that is so obviously true? And if they're lying about that, wouldn't it also stand to reason they're lying about other things too?

No, it makes you a hack because you only care about that D+1.

And you only care about preserving that seat for the R's so they can pass all the shitty things they want to pass, including this joke of "tax reform". You're literally compromising your principles just to play party-before-country. That's the only reason you're defending Moore. You say you oppose his politics, but refuse to say why. What is it about his politics you don't like that is enough for you to overcome to defend him? It makes no sense.

Would you trade a confession by Moore for the right of the Governor to appoint a Republican to serve out the rest of the term?

Well, they can't do that, for one, because the election is already happening and their state constitution doesn't allow it. Canceling the election because your guy turned out to be a perv isn't something that Alabama can even do. Plus, it would look really bad for Conservatives to cancel an election because they guy they nominated turned out to be a pervy pedo-bear.

Right now none of these accusations would result in a conviction in a court even without a Statue of limitations.

I love the Statue of Limitations. I understand it has a plaque reading "Give me your tired, your poor, your 14-year-old girls reduced to their underwear yearning to break free...."

I don't think any of this is about bringing criminal charges though. Have yet to hear anyone suggest that's the point here.

Forum List

Back