🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Royal family

In England I suppose the real whiny leftists call themselves "republicans". The lefts self hatred shows up in any culture.
If rejecting the Royal family makes me a leftist then the whole of the US is a leftist entity.
I think the Royal Family is cute...

Look at it this way....we are stuck with the Kardashians

In England I suppose the real whiny leftists call themselves "republicans". The lefts self hatred shows up in any culture.
If rejecting the Royal family makes me a leftist then the whole of the US is a leftist entity.

I would be happy to do a swap.
Be careful what you wish for

Be careful what you wish for
America has its own hierarchies. They just arent codified like they are in the backward UK.

America has its own hierarchies. They just arent codified like they are in the backward UK.

Absolutely. We have a ruling class too which is made up (partially) of billionaires, party members and shallow celebrities. Britain succeeded in codifying the phenomenon at least and turning it to national ends except for a few curmudgeons like yourself.
Over here we are busy with another revolution against the ruling elites using Donald Trump to break them.

king-trump-cartoon-598.jpg

Absolutely. We have a ruling class too which is made up (partially) of billionaires, party members and shallow celebrities. Britain succeeded in codifying the phenomenon at least and turning it to national ends except for a few curmudgeons like yourself.
Over here we are busy with another revolution against the ruling elites using Donald Trump to break them.
Trump is their man in the White House. 100% establishment toy.

You can have the African American Actress.

Tommy. Great day. Beautiful wedding. All my best to you and Mrs. Tainant and to the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex. While I have mixed emotions about the existence of a monarchy in any country, not just Great Britain, the wedding came off wonderfully.and was a fitting tribute to the love that exists in humanity. A salute from across the pond.

Tommy. Great day. Beautiful wedding. All my best to you and Mrs. Tainant and to the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex. While I have mixed emotions about the existence of a monarchy in any country, not just Great Britain, the wedding came off wonderfully.and was a fitting tribute to the love that exists in humanity. A salute from across the pond.
Thank you my dear.
Im afraid that I cant share your joy. When I got up yesterday Mrs Tainant informed me that she was watching the wedding and I was welcome to "*@@@ off" out for the duration. I checked to see she hadnt put up any flags and went out for the day.

I went to Attingham Park in Shropshire thinking it would be quiet with everyone watching the wedding.

Au contraire ! It was really busy, full of people escaping the nauseous spectacle.

images

Attingham Park

In fact everywhere I went was busy and I think the "enthusiasm" for the event was quite limited. I saw one flag all day.

Dianas legacy is going to be a problem for us Republicans. Her kids are difficult to dislike and Ms Markle seems to be alarmingly normal. Unlike the inbreds she has married into she has made her own fortune.

I got home around 5 for the FA Cup Final and Mrs T had enjoyed her day immensely. She was very keen to tell me all about it and I was forced to turn up the volume on the TV to drown her out.

Attingham is worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

the English monarchy is overt vs. our subvert version

we're every bit as controlled by our idolatry of power,wealth,fame

just haven't the silly hats.....

rs_1024x759-161202024928-1024.Royal-Fascinators-2.kg.120116.jpg

~S~

Thank you my dear.
Im afraid that I cant share your joy. When I got up yesterday Mrs Tainant informed me that she was watching the wedding and I was welcome to "*@@@ off" out for the duration. I checked to see she hadnt put up any flags and went out for the day.

I went to Attingham Park in Shropshire thinking it would be quiet with everyone watching the wedding.

Au contraire ! It was really busy, full of people escaping the nauseous spectacle.

images

Attingham Park

In fact everywhere I went was busy and I think the "enthusiasm" for the event was quite limited. I saw one flag all day.

Dianas legacy is going to be a problem for us Republicans. Her kids are difficult to dislike and Ms Markle seems to be alarmingly normal. Unlike the inbreds she has married into she has made her own fortune.

I got home around 5 for the FA Cup Final and Mrs T had enjoyed her day immensely. She was very keen to tell me all about it and I was forced to turn up the volume on the TV to drown her out.

Gorgeous! Thank you. I've only visited the south and still have a fantasy about having a little house in Somerset and going to the Glastonbury festival. Somewhere there is a picture of me standing next to a street sign for "Butt Close" in Glastonbury. I studied a lot of medieval history in college and have had an interest in archaeology since I was a child so I would love to go around England and every museum and old place you've got. We don't have much that really could be thought of as old around here. Loved the British Museum from top to bottom! I'll get back to England. I shall! I shall!

I'm sorry that you got driven out of the house yesterday., though, but glad that you found something interesting to do. I live about ten miles from the U.S. Capitol Building , so I understand that it is necessary to avoid certain events, like trump's inaugural. But we don't get much pomp and circumstance over here, so this event was of interest and I'm glad to see a world event that stressed love and openness, even if the bishop was as long-winded as American Christian clerics tend to be. It was interesting to see the city of Windsor.?

Just what is it with the crazy hats, though? I spent my formative years in the Roman Catholic Church, where females had to wear something on their heads to enter, even if it was a tissue, thus instilling in me a lifelong contempt for both religion and hats.

I hope that you got the chance to see the FA Cup and that your team won. I got my edumacation in how British football works from watching old Dream Team episodes because I had a crush on the kid who played Caspar Rose. At least I know what a striker is, now.

P.S. Years ago, I read in the Wall Stree t Journal that Lloyd's had insured a turd found at York. Hope you guys still have that turd!

Last edited:
Thank you my dear.

images

Attingham Park

You missed an interesting dissertation on the importance of fire

Thank you my dear.

images

Attingham Park

American Christian clerics, particularly protestants, have a reputation for not knowing how to edit. Some of these guys can go on for hours. Ever see Joel Osteen? Hagee? they don't know when to shut up.

Thank you my dear.

images

Attingham Park

American Christian clerics, particularly protestants, have a reputation for not knowing how to edit. Some of these guys can go on for hours. Ever see Joel Osteen? Hagee? they don't know when to shut up.
I was like....OK ...I get it
Fire is GOOD

Thank you my dear.

images

Attingham Park

Fire is GOOD

Best sermon I ever sat through was given by a Jewish rabbi at the bat mitzvah of the daughter of a friend of mine. The rabbi presented an ethical question, reviewed the opinions of all of the Jewish thinkers who were considered great, told the congregation to go home and think about it, and then sat back down; question well presented.

BTW: I have always been a fan of both Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. I have appreciated that both learned to edit their works. Being wordy doesn't say much; it just bores people. I have been a writer and an editor. I tend to write long in stream of consciousness, and then go back and cut and shorten; figure out what you can cut and drop and still make your point.

Last edited:
Thank you my dear.

images

Attingham Park

Fire is GOOD

Best sermon I ever sat through was given by a Jewish rabbi at the bat mitzvah of the daughter of a friend of mine. The rabbi presented an ethical question, reviewed the opinions of all of the Jewish thinkers who were considered great, told the congregation to go home and think about it, and then sat back down; question well presented.

BTW: I have always been a fan of both Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. I have appreciated that both learned to edit their works. Being wordy doesn't say much; it just bores people. I have been a writer and an editor. I tend to write long in stream of consciousness, and then go back and cut and shorten; figure out what you can cut and drop and still make your point.
tl;dr

Forum List

Back