Rubio goes on homophobic rant ending political career.

PEACH174 SAID:

"60% favor same sex marriage in the country.
40% of the population does not and they should have their rights also."

Nonsense.

Citizens' rights are not subject to 'majority rule,' those hostile to the civil rights of gay Americans have no 'right' to vote away others' rights. The fact that laws and measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law are being invalidated by the courts is proof of that.
It won't end his hopes to be potus. It's posible that faith so weak that he believes the abomination of homosexuality is a serious threat to Christianity could make him unsuitable as potus.

I suspect the left wishes it were so ......

But, the cold reality is that, when all is said and done, the Rubio/Walker ticket will destroy Clinton. You can take it to the bank.

Personally, I think it is hilarious that the left has to rely on a amateurish hatchet job like the OP in order to try to validate their position.

But then, when you have nothing else to offer .....

I'm glad Marco Rubio said this. Please, I hope that more GOP candidates say this kind of stuff. Because the crazy-assed stuff that wins an Elephant the nomination will lose him the GE, because in the GE, that stuff is a poison pill.

So, Sen. Rubio, you just keep on talking. I'm cool with that.

Is this not true?

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, Rubio warned that gay marriage represents “a real and present danger” to America because gay rights advocates are bent on labeling any anti-gay messages, including those from churches, as “hate speech.”

In liberal America, anyone that is not fully on board with the gay agenda shall suffer retribution.

You are still misunderstanding. Keep on misunderstanding.

And what is it that I'm supposed to be misunderstanding? It seems to me that you can't refute that Rubio is correct.

I'm glad Marco Rubio said this. Please, I hope that more GOP candidates say this kind of stuff. Because the crazy-assed stuff that wins an Elephant the nomination will lose him the GE, because in the GE, that stuff is a poison pill.

Is this not true?

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, Rubio warned that gay marriage represents “a real and present danger” to America because gay rights advocates are bent on labeling any anti-gay messages, including those from churches, as “hate speech.”

In liberal America, anyone that is not fully on board with the gay agenda shall suffer retribution.

And what is it that I'm supposed to be misunderstanding; that you can't refute that Rubio is right?

Did you read/hear the original Rubio presentation? The OP has taken comments out of context .... for example, this supposed comment that gay marriage 'represents a clear and present danger' is ludicrous, when you hear the actual commentary.

The discussion was about the secular war on Christianity, and the leftist claim that the scriptures represent 'hate speech', because they are opposed to gay marriage. It was THIS attack on the scriptures that, Rubio claimed, represented the 'clear and present danger', when, if the leftist attorney is successful in getting it declared 'hate speech', that sets up the ability for the federal government to ban the scriptures, dictate what is preached in the church, etc. Clearly, THAT represents a danger to Christianity.

Instead, we get a childish little hatchet job, intended to inflame the left, about all the anti-gay remarks Rubio supposedly made. They do this because they are confident that the left will not bother to actually look at the facts, but, instead, will grab the little rag and run around the front yard yapping and making all kinds of noise.

Conservatives laugh at this kind of yellow journalism .... leftists accept as (pardon the expression) 'gospel', and get all spun up as a direct result of being misled.

The list is long and varied .... 'clear and present danger' is only the most egregious lie.

Oh --- while I think of it ---- for all the other leftists --- when you ask an intelligent question, in an intelligent and respectful manner --- you get an intelligent and respectful answer. When you act like little children, calling people names, and insulting them, you will get the same in return.

I thank you for the good question !!

Is this not true?

And what is it that I'm supposed to be misunderstanding; that you can't refute that Rubio is right?

Did you read/hear the original Rubio presentation? The OP has taken comments out of context .... for example, this supposed comment that gay marriage 'represents a clear and present danger' is ludicrous, when you hear the actual commentary.

The discussion was about the secular war on Christianity, and the leftist claim that the scriptures represent 'hate speech', because they are opposed to gay marriage. It was THIS attack on the scriptures that, Rubio claimed, represented the 'clear and present danger', when, if the leftist attorney is successful in getting it declared 'hate speech', that sets up the ability for the federal government to ban the scriptures, dictate what is preached in the church, etc. Clearly, THAT represents a danger to Christianity.

Instead, we get a childish little hatchet job, intended to inflame the left, about all the anti-gay remarks Rubio supposedly made. They do this because they are confident that the left will not bother to actually look at the facts, but, instead, will grab the little rag and run around the front yard yapping and making all kinds of noise.

Conservatives laugh at this kind of yellow journalism .... leftists accept as (pardon the expression) 'gospel', and get all spun up as a direct result of being misled.

Well, I'm not shocked to hear about anybody taking Rubio out of context. But even if had been the context, Rubio would have been right. The left wants to punish anyone who deviates one iota from the gay agenda.

Marco Rubio: Gay Rights 'A Real And Present Danger' To Freedom

Marco Rubio was the subject of a fawning profile on today’s edition of “The 700 Club,” in which host Pat Robertson hailed the GOP presidential candidate as “the Democrats’ worst nightmare.”

“We are at the water’s edge of the argument that mainstream Christian teaching is hate speech because today we’ve reached the point in our society where if you do not support same-sex marriage, you are labeled a homophobe and a hater,” Rubio said. “So what’s the next step after that? After they’re done going after individuals, the next step is to argue that the teachings of mainstream Christianity, the catechism of the Catholic Church, is hate speech. That’s a real and present danger.”

During a previous CBN interview, Rubio criticized gay marriage supporters for trying to sway the Supreme Court with “a ridiculous and absurd reading of the U.S. Constitution.”

When your base is that hateful and ignorant, you must cut them lose and rally the moderates and centrists.

But no, the GOP continue to open their big tent to most hateful and despicable people.

Why is it you faggots think everything is about you?

Rubio will be fine, 2% of the population doesn't control anything.
So sad for you, 2% still has rights.

So sad for you they don't control the Country, just because someone disagrees with the lifestyle doesn't mean they are homophobic, now our friend Hazel is a faggot, there are very intelligent homosexuals but he isn't one of them...he is garbage encased in flesh.
On this issue the little gay guys are spanking your little bare bottom, faggot-hater.

Oh look, you're upset :(

Hazel is like you, a hate filled child with arrested development.....sorry rump ranger..as for the OP, Rubio will be fine....nobody gives shit about Hazel thinks ;)

Typical liberal hatchet job containing misdirection, misquotes, and downright lies. You ought to be embarrassed to be affiliated with such garbage.

List the misquotes.

Nahhh ... read the text yourself .... being quoted out of context is the same as being misquoted.

I'm not here to try to alleviate your innate stupidity.

So you lied, because you're a shit. I think you've already established that. No need to run up the score.

Same ol' garbage from the same ol' garbageman .... more interested in personal attacks and insults than in determining the truth. I didn't lie ... but you didn't have the compunction to actually look at the facts.

Gotta tell ya .... you get boring. Just go away ....

NY is a typical liberal, all they can do is repeat the talking points given to them by their handlers. Independent thinking is not a concept they can deal with.

You were wrong once today. You should quit digging.

Marco Rubio was the subject of a fawning profile on today’s edition of “The 700 Club,” in which host Pat Robertson hailed the GOP presidential candidate as “the Democrats’ worst nightmare.”

“We are at the water’s edge of the argument that mainstream Christian teaching is hate speech because today we’ve reached the point in our society where if you do not support same-sex marriage, you are labeled a homophobe and a hater,” Rubio said. “So what’s the next step after that? After they’re done going after individuals, the next step is to argue that the teachings of mainstream Christianity, the catechism of the Catholic Church, is hate speech. That’s a real and present danger.”

During a previous CBN interview, Rubio criticized gay marriage supporters for trying to sway the Supreme Court with “a ridiculous and absurd reading of the U.S. Constitution.”

When your base is that hateful and ignorant, you must cut them lose and rally the moderates and centrists.

But no, the GOP continue to open their big tent to most hateful and despicable people.

Typical liberal hatchet job containing misdirection, misquotes, and downright lies. You ought to be embarrassed to be affiliated with such garbage.

List the misquotes.

Nahhh ... read the text yourself .... being quoted out of context is the same as being misquoted.

The non-retarded who claim something was taken out of context normally show it in context to prove how out of context changed its meaning.

Apparently you're not in the non-retarded category.

A homophobic rant is hardly the death knell to a gop career. Rubio is sort of doing a Randian Paul on immigration. He was for comprehensive reform, until he saw THAT as the death knell go his gop career. So, he flipped to the tried and true gop position of no consideration of any permanent status for illegal aliens till the border is secured. Nevermind fewer people are coming over, or that we've increased funding for border security consistently.

DHS Budget Homeland Security

We'll never keep out all illegal aliens with a fence or something. The border's like 1200 miles or something. People have been coming and going long before Mexico and the United States have been around. But, when there aren't jobs, they don't come. But, the gop doesn't want to improve employment verification until the border "is secure." Which means never.

It's the Dems job to force the question of when Marco will return to support better everify and permanent status with a path to citizenship.

Saudi Arabia has a border fense and no one enters that country illegally. A fense will work if the govenment wants it to.

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's spelled "fence".

And, you're right. If we had the political will, we could build a fence that would keep out the illegal immigrants. Me? I'm thinking that placing a barracks every 50 miles, staffed by 10 people who keep hours similar to what firemen do (a couple days on duty, a couple of days off), with a port and starboard crew. Every 5 stations, you would build a small airfield that is capable of launching and recovering Predator surveillance drones. Then...............staff the stations with returning Iraq vets who already know how to do the job and fly the drones.

A Predator has a surveillance range of around 250 miles, and you could put up sensors that detect people crossing the border. And, because the stations are every 50 miles, the response distance would only be around 25 miles from the station, and they could be there fairly quickly, and the Predators could keep tabs on where they went.
Catch and release won't work if they don't have the guts to shove them back across the border. WE need spot and shoot doctrine.

PEACH174 SAID:

Nonsense.

Citizens' rights are not subject to 'majority rule,' those hostile to the civil rights of gay Americans have no 'right' to vote away others' rights. The fact that laws and measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law are being invalidated by the courts is proof of that.
It won't end his hopes to be potus. It's posible that faith so weak that he believes the abomination of homosexuality is a serious threat to Christianity could make him unsuitable as potus.

But, the cold reality is that, when all is said and done, the Rubio/Walker ticket will destroy Clinton. You can take it to the bank.
Walker/Rubio ticket.

PEACH174 SAID:

Nonsense.

Walker/Rubio ticket.

LOL - works for me.

List the misquotes.

The non-retarded who claim something was taken out of context normally show it in context to prove how out of context changed its meaning.

Apparently you're not in the non-retarded category.

Obviously, you were lacking an intelligent rebuttal, huh?

See how uncomfortable facts are.

PEACH174 SAID:

Nonsense.

Walker/Rubio ticket.
what about Dick Turbin? he made it to Senator.

Why is it you faggots think everything is about you?

Rubio will be fine, 2% of the population doesn't control anything.
So sad for you, 2% still has rights.

So sad for you they don't control the Country, just because someone disagrees with the lifestyle doesn't mean they are homophobic, now our friend Hazel is a faggot, there are very intelligent homosexuals but he isn't one of them...he is garbage encased in flesh.
On this issue the little gay guys are spanking your little bare bottom, faggot-hater.

Oh look, you're upset...
Nope, I'm winning...

A homophobic rant is hardly the death knell to a gop career. Rubio is sort of doing a Randian Paul on immigration. He was for comprehensive reform, until he saw THAT as the death knell go his gop career. So, he flipped to the tried and true gop position of no consideration of any permanent status for illegal aliens till the border is secured. Nevermind fewer people are coming over, or that we've increased funding for border security consistently.

DHS Budget Homeland Security

We'll never keep out all illegal aliens with a fence or something. The border's like 1200 miles or something. People have been coming and going long before Mexico and the United States have been around. But, when there aren't jobs, they don't come. But, the gop doesn't want to improve employment verification until the border "is secure." Which means never.

It's the Dems job to force the question of when Marco will return to support better everify and permanent status with a path to citizenship.

Saudi Arabia has a border fense and no one enters that country illegally. A fense will work if the govenment wants it to.

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's spelled "fence".

And, you're right. If we had the political will, we could build a fence that would keep out the illegal immigrants. Me? I'm thinking that placing a barracks every 50 miles, staffed by 10 people who keep hours similar to what firemen do (a couple days on duty, a couple of days off), with a port and starboard crew. Every 5 stations, you would build a small airfield that is capable of launching and recovering Predator surveillance drones. Then...............staff the stations with returning Iraq vets who already know how to do the job and fly the drones.

A Predator has a surveillance range of around 250 miles, and you could put up sensors that detect people crossing the border. And, because the stations are every 50 miles, the response distance would only be around 25 miles from the station, and they could be there fairly quickly, and the Predators could keep tabs on where they went.
Catch and release won't work if they don't have the guts to shove them back across the border. WE need spot and shoot doctrine.
Yup, excellent comment on how the far right loses elections.

Forum List

Back