Rubio goes on homophobic rant ending political career.

So what purple states does Rubio plan to pick up - that Romney or McCain couldn't win - via his extremist anti-gay beliefs?

None. This is about winning the primary, and hoping that after that he'll pick up enough Hispanic vote to make up the difference.

The large majority of Hispanics are not going to vote for a RW who has kissed ass to the far right.

That will not stop the far right wacks from lecturing the Hispanics on why they are fucked up and how they need to vote for the far right wack candidates.

The far right is simply lame mentally.

The large majority of Hispanics are not going to vote for a RW who has kissed ass to the far right.

Probably but voters have a fairly short memory, and this is hardly far-right although definitely right-ward. I suspect the fact that he's Cuban will actually have more of a negative impact with other Hispanic groups if he gets past the primary.

Probably but voters have a fairly short memory, and this is hardly far-right although definitely right-ward. I suspect the fact that he's Cuban will actually have more of a negative impact with other Hispanic groups if he gets past the primary.
Yes, that make sense. Cubans are only good for making cigars named Cruz and Rubio.

A homophobic rant is hardly the death knell to a gop career. Rubio is sort of doing a Randian Paul on immigration. He was for comprehensive reform, until he saw THAT as the death knell go his gop career. So, he flipped to the tried and true gop position of no consideration of any permanent status for illegal aliens till the border is secured. Nevermind fewer people are coming over, or that we've increased funding for border security consistently.

DHS Budget Homeland Security

We'll never keep out all illegal aliens with a fence or something. The border's like 1200 miles or something. People have been coming and going long before Mexico and the United States have been around. But, when there aren't jobs, they don't come. But, the gop doesn't want to improve employment verification until the border "is secure." Which means never.

It's the Dems job to force the question of when Marco will return to support better everify and permanent status with a path to citizenship.

I'm glad Marco Rubio said this. Please, I hope that more GOP candidates say this kind of stuff. Because the crazy-assed stuff that wins an Elephant the nomination will lose him the GE, because in the GE, that stuff is a poison pill.

So, Sen. Rubio, you just keep on talking. I'm cool with that.

Is this not true?

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, Rubio warned that gay marriage represents “a real and present danger” to America because gay rights advocates are bent on labeling any anti-gay messages, including those from churches, as “hate speech.”

In liberal America, anyone that is not fully on board with the gay agenda shall suffer retribution.

That will not stop the far right wacks from lecturing the Hispanics on why they are fucked up and how they need to vote for the far right wack candidates.

The far right is simply lame mentally.

wrong, the majority of voting hispanics have strong religious and family values and a work ethic, they do not fit in with the dem/lib ideology.

the lame mentality is coming from your defective liberal gene (DRD4) look it up, its been identified and you have it. It is now proven that liberalism is a mental disease.

A homophobic rant is hardly the death knell to a gop career. Rubio is sort of doing a Randian Paul on immigration. He was for comprehensive reform, until he saw THAT as the death knell go his gop career. So, he flipped to the tried and true gop position of no consideration of any permanent status for illegal aliens till the border is secured. Nevermind fewer people are coming over, or that we've increased funding for border security consistently.

We'll never keep out all illegal aliens with a fence or something. The border's like 1200 miles or something. People have been coming and going long before Mexico and the United States have been around. But, when there aren't jobs, they don't come. But, the gop doesn't want to improve employment verification until the border "is secure." Which means never.

It's the Dems job to force the question of when Marco will return to support better everify and permanent status with a path to citizenship.

Saudi Arabia has a border fense and no one enters that country illegally. A fense will work if the govenment wants it to.

Marco Rubio: Gay Rights 'A Real And Present Danger' To Freedom

Marco Rubio was the subject of a fawning profile on today’s edition of “The 700 Club,” in which host Pat Robertson hailed the GOP presidential candidate as “the Democrats’ worst nightmare.”

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, Rubio warned that gay marriage represents “a real and present danger” to America because gay rights advocates are bent on labeling any anti-gay messages, including those from churches, as “hate speech.”

“We are at the water’s edge of the argument that mainstream Christian teaching is hate speech because today we’ve reached the point in our society where if you do not support same-sex marriage, you are labeled a homophobe and a hater,” Rubio said. “So what’s the next step after that? After they’re done going after individuals, the next step is to argue that the teachings of mainstream Christianity, the catechism of the Catholic Church, is hate speech. That’s a real and present danger.”

During a previous CBN interview, Rubio criticized gay marriage supporters for trying to sway the Supreme Court with “a ridiculous and absurd reading of the U.S. Constitution.”

When your base is that hateful and ignorant, you must cut them lose and rally the moderates and centrists.

But no, the GOP continue to open their big tent to most hateful and despicable people.

Typical liberal hatchet job containing misdirection, misquotes, and downright lies. You ought to be embarrassed to be affiliated with such garbage.

List the misquotes.

Nahhh ... read the text yourself .... being quoted out of context is the same as being misquoted.

I'm not here to try to alleviate your innate stupidity.

So you lied, because you're a shit. I think you've already established that. No need to run up the score.

Same ol' garbage from the same ol' garbageman .... more interested in personal attacks and insults than in determining the truth. I didn't lie ... but you didn't have the compunction to actually look at the facts.

Gotta tell ya .... you get boring. Just go away ....

When your base is that hateful and ignorant, you must cut them lose and rally the moderates and centrists.

But no, the GOP continue to open their big tent to most hateful and despicable people.

Typical liberal hatchet job containing misdirection, misquotes, and downright lies. You ought to be embarrassed to be affiliated with such garbage.

List the misquotes.

Nahhh ... read the text yourself .... being quoted out of context is the same as being misquoted.

So you lied, because you're a shit. I think you've already established that. No need to run up the score.

Same ol' garbage from the same ol' garbageman .... more interested in personal attacks and insults than in determining the truth. I didn't lie ... but you didn't have the compunction to actually look at the facts.

NY is a typical liberal, all they can do is repeat the talking points given to them by their handlers. Independent thinking is not a concept they can deal with.

PEACH174 SAID:

"60% favor same sex marriage in the country.
40% of the population does not and they should have their rights also."

Nonsense.

Citizens' rights are not subject to 'majority rule,' those hostile to the civil rights of gay Americans have no 'right' to vote away others' rights. The fact that laws and measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law are being invalidated by the courts is proof of that.

List the misquotes.

What's boring is the willful ignorance maintained by you and others on the right – the ignorant, idiotic notion that the states have the 'right' to violate the protected liberties of American citizens residing in the states, the ignorant, idiotic notion that citizens' civil right should be 'put to a vote' via an un-Constitutional 'national referendum,' the contempt for the Constitution and its case law exhibited by most conservatives, the contempt most on the right have for the rule of law, and the fact that most on the right seek to disadvantage gay Americans predicated solely on who they are, because most conservatives fear diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

You and most others on the right aren't interested in 'determining the truth,' you're interested only in propagating ignorance and lies; whether you like it or not, whether you accept it or not, the truth is the states have no authority to violate citizens' rights, the truth is that Federal law, the Federal courts, and the Federal Constitution and its case law are the supreme law of the land, and the truth is that the United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, where the rights of citizens are not subject to 'majority rule.'

Redfish demonstrates that once again, despite the voting results that Hispanics don't vote for our GOP much, he cannot adapt to reality. Attacking me, Redfish, just demonstrates you have not a clue.

Keep telling them that they are fucked up for not voting GOP is not going to work any better next year than years in the past.

I'm glad Marco Rubio said this. Please, I hope that more GOP candidates say this kind of stuff. Because the crazy-assed stuff that wins an Elephant the nomination will lose him the GE, because in the GE, that stuff is a poison pill.

So, Sen. Rubio, you just keep on talking. I'm cool with that.

Is this not true?

In liberal America, anyone that is not fully on board with the gay agenda shall suffer retribution.

You are still misunderstanding. Keep on misunderstanding.

Saudi Arabia has a border fense and no one enters that country illegally. A fense will work if the govenment wants it to.

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's spelled "fence".

And, you're right. If we had the political will, we could build a fence that would keep out the illegal immigrants. Me? I'm thinking that placing a barracks every 50 miles, staffed by 10 people who keep hours similar to what firemen do (a couple days on duty, a couple of days off), with a port and starboard crew. Every 5 stations, you would build a small airfield that is capable of launching and recovering Predator surveillance drones. Then...............staff the stations with returning Iraq vets who already know how to do the job and fly the drones.

A Predator has a surveillance range of around 250 miles, and you could put up sensors that detect people crossing the border. And, because the stations are every 50 miles, the response distance would only be around 25 miles from the station, and they could be there fairly quickly, and the Predators could keep tabs on where they went.

It won't end his hopes to be potus. It's posible that faith so weak that he believes the abomination of homosexuality is a serious threat to Christianity could make him unsuitable as potus.

List the misquotes.

What's boring is the willful ignorance maintained by you and others on the right – the ignorant, idiotic notion that the states have the 'right' to violate the protected liberties of American citizens residing in the states, the ignorant, idiotic notion that citizens' civil right should be 'put to a vote' via an un-Constitutional 'national referendum,' the contempt for the Constitution and its case law exhibited by most conservatives, the contempt most on the right have for the rule of law, and the fact that most on the right seek to disadvantage gay Americans predicated solely on who they are, because most conservatives fear diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

You and most others on the right aren't interested in 'determining the truth,' you're interested only in propagating ignorance and lies; whether you like it or not, whether you accept it or not, the truth is the states have no authority to violate citizens' rights, the truth is that Federal law, the Federal courts, and the Federal Constitution and its case law are the supreme law of the land, and the truth is that the United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, where the rights of citizens are not subject to 'majority rule.'

I find your use of the word "boring" to be most appropriate.

Your lack of knowledge regarding the history, and the structure, of the United States continues to contribute to childish argument, inane positions, and spreading ignorance. Rather than the blather that you toss around in a attempt to prove your infinite knowledge (most of which is patently false), I would suggest that you take a 4th grade history class to find out what this country is really about.

The very name, United States of America, demonstrates the absolute antipathy our founding fathers had against a centralized government. We were constructed to be a series of independent states, joined loosely together. Each state was to have its own identity, and its own ability of self-determination. It is no accident that the last paragraph of the Bill of Rights says, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people".

Clearly, this was the attempt by the founding fathers to restrict the power of the federal government. The original intent was the independent states would only come together to manage areas of common interest - defense, interstate activities, etc. It was NEVER their intent for the federal government to assume a position of overriding power and authority over the states.

The very concept of centralized government is anathema to freedom. When laws are passed at the federal level, they cannot be responsive, nor indicative, of the citizens. Instead, we get sweeping, massive compromises that satisfy no one, and contribute to the continued confrontations in this country.

The founding fathers' vision worked until the federal government, and the venal people who populate it, figured out that they could bypass the state and local governments through the power of the purse. Now, if you do what the federal government says, you are rewarded with largesse from the arbiters of a centralized power.

If you wish your state to accept gay marriage, abortions, fetal murder, or other mandated compliance with other social justice experiences, then you should be able to do that. If I, on the other hand, want none of that, then I should be able to do that, as well.

By what piece of convoluted logic do you believe that you should have the authority to tell me how I live my life, what I should believe in, and what I should support? Just who the hell do you think you are? Last time I checked, this was a country of the people, by the people, and for the people. It is the PEOPLE who decide, not you, and not the federal government. What gives you, or the federal government, the right to usurp states' rights?

You speak of the "... Federal law, the Federal courts, and the Federal Constitution ...", forgetting that those do NOT belong to the federal government, but rather, belong to the people. The federal government serves at the convenience of the people, not the other way around.

Now, on a personal note, I am offended that you, somehow, believe me so shallow be me affected by the childish and insulting tone of your post. You need to grow the FUCK up if you want to talk to adults.

Forum List

Back