Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

There is no appeal to ignorance of public accommodation laws on a for-profit basis by any merchants in Commerce.

Gays might go to a dozen bakeries before they find a Christian. Forcing that Christian to violate his or her principles is priceless. They would pay it.

Then they shouldn't complain when they pay high enough fines to put their asses out of business, because their imaginary sky fairy will welcome them with open arms for hating the gays just like he does.
They will have to be more creative in how they conduct their business.

Christians can stop advertising wedding services and only provide them as a personal service.

They can have exclusive contracts with houses of worship and not do wedding business with the general public at all.

They can subcontract out to another provider.

There might even be more ways to avoid being forced to violate their beliefs. All of them should be used.

This is great. you really doubled down and proved my point even more. It's all about emotions and your personal feeling about who/what is good and evil. Absolutely no consideration for the rights of individuals. No conceptualization for the efficacy of your flowery ideals. All you have is your personal feelings about people being good and people being evil. And that is what this all comes down to for you.

You're a joke. You're a pathetic joke and a delusional ego-centric twat. The number one evil here is you.

And you are getting kind of whiny now that your position was shown to be, well, kind of stupid.

You've got this flipped on its' head. The Christians are not being oppressed, the gays are.

I've known gays who've been beaten up and fired from their jobs for who they are.

The Christians can back the fucking cake.

Christians can stop advertising wedding services and only provide them as a personal service.

Yeah, they could. And they'd lose a lot of money because people wouldn't know they offered those services to non-gays.

They can have exclusive contracts with houses of worship and not do wedding business with the general public at all.

again, sure, if they want to lose money. I seems like an awful lot of trouble to show how much you hate the gay without looking like you hate the gay.

Yeah, they could. And they'd lose a lot of money because people wouldn't know they offered those services to non-gays.

again, sure, if they want to lose money. I seems like an awful lot of trouble to show how much you hate the gay without looking like you hate the gay.
Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Those righteous bigots might start to listen to their Conservative brethren as they preach about 'market based solutions'.

And you can go fuck yourself. :D

This is not about Christians baking cakes, this is about the government trying to force people to have certain feelings. Which, of course, will never work. But you don't give a shit if it works, you just want to have power over other people. Which is why you are such a pathetic piece of shit.

This is not about Christians baking cakes, this is about the government trying to force people to have certain feelings. Which, of course, will never work. But you don't give a shit if it works, you just want to have power over other people. Which is why you are such a pathetic piece of shit.
TO HAVE CERTAIN FEELINGS?!? How about to conduct business with customers just as they have conducted business on any other day?

Just because you "feel" that Gays are somehow unworthy of your best effort simply because they are Gay, that "feeling" could be extended to every other group of American citizens.

How about to conduct business with customers just as they have conducted business on any other day?

That means I can refuse service to anyone I wish. If I don't like your hair I can tell you to get the fuck out. Just recently I refused service to two people simply because they were women. Doing business like you do it any other day means you get to decide how you're going to do business without the government trying to force things on you.

How about to conduct business with customers just as they have conducted business on any other day?

That means I can refuse service to anyone I wish. If I don't like your hair I can tell you to get the fuck out. Just recently I refused service to two people simply because they were women. Doing business like you do it any other day means you get to decide how you're going to do business without the government trying to force things on you.
You can refuse service to those not wearing shoes or a shirt, but you cannot apply blanket discrimination over a group or class because of your "feelings" about them. Not on a racial basis, not on a basis of creed or class or gender or religion.

Merchants cannot create a second class American because of their "feelings".

You can refuse service to those not wearing shoes or a shirt, but you cannot apply blanket discrimination over a group or class because of your "feelings" about them. Not on a racial basis, not on a basis of creed or class or gender or religion.

1) Yes, you can. You just need to give an alternate pretext. It happens every day. Discrimination is simply pushed underground and dressed up.

2) You are misrepresenting my comments about feelings. Your (and your fellow liberals') position is based entirely on feelings. The logic or efficacy of your proposed policies is given little to no importance. All you care about is the fact that you think people are bad if they object to gay marriage, and so you want government to pass laws that you hope will force them to feel the way you want them to feel.

Sure it will. It's working already. Melissa's Cakes is OUT OF BUSINESS. she's done. And she stuck with a $135,000 fine. So you'll bet the rest of the bigots are going to think twice about opening their mouths.

Big business is telling little business that they aren't going to get any relief from this.

Fuck the Christians. Seriously.

This is great. you really doubled down and proved my point even more. It's all about emotions and your personal feeling about who/what is good and evil. Absolutely no consideration for the rights of individuals. No conceptualization for the efficacy of your flowery ideals. All you have is your personal feelings about people being good and people being evil. And that is what this all comes down to for you.

You're a joke. You're a pathetic joke and a delusional ego-centric twat. The number one evil here is you.

And you are getting kind of whiny now that your position was shown to be, well, kind of stupid.

You've got this flipped on its' head. The Christians are not being oppressed, the gays are.

I've known gays who've been beaten up and fired from their jobs for who they are.

No one's pointing any guns at the gays. However, Christians who decline to do business with them have guns pointed at them to strip them of their businesses and their life savings, so your claim that Christians are not being oppressed is obvious horseshit. Declining to bake you a cake is not oppression.

Sure it will. It's working already. Melissa's Cakes is OUT OF BUSINESS. she's done. And she stuck with a $135,000 fine. So you'll bet the rest of the bigots are going to think twice about opening their mouths.

Big business is telling little business that they aren't going to get any relief from this.

Fuck you, seriously. Like the GAYstapo, you're just a fucking Nazi who enjoys ramming your agenda down other people's throats.

Are you willing to appeal to ignorance of the law in court?

Public accommodations -- Within U.S. law, public accommodations are generally defined as entities, both public and private, that are used by the public.

Private clubs and religious institutions were exempt.

The Right is welcome to go not for profit to establish their alleged, moral Cause.

1) Yes, you can. You just need to give an alternate pretext. It happens every day. Discrimination is simply pushed underground and dressed up.

2) You are misrepresenting my comments about feelings. Your (and your fellow liberals') position is based entirely on feelings. The logic or efficacy of your proposed policies is given little to no importance. All you care about is the fact that you think people are bad if they object to gay marriage, and so you want government to pass laws that you hope will force them to feel the way you want them to feel.
No. I am a straight man. My personal belief about marriage equality has nothing to do with "feelings" but everything to do with freedom. When folks are blanketly discriminated against simply because other people disapprove of them, because they are of a different race or religion or gender or class, my freedoms are eroded too. If some of us are oppressed due to the narrowmindedness of others, none of us are free.

I'm not expecting knuckle dragging bigots to accept homosexuals, but I do expect them to tolerate them.

No. I am a straight man. My personal belief about marriage equality has nothing to do with "feelings" but everything to do with freedom.

This isn't marriage equality you moron! Which only underscores the fact that you are operating on personal emotions and nothing more. I fully support gay marriage rights. But I oppose any effort that would attempt to force people to bake cakes, or whatever, that they don't want to make. Freedom doesn't stop at gay marriage, you know.

The fact that you see this as a good thing only highlights yet again how much of a pathetic piece of shit you are.

Exactly. That's what it's all about for you. Fuck the Christians. You don't really cares about freedom or eliminating the social ill that his homophobia. All you care about is "fuck the Christians."

Just because you "feel" that Gays are somehow unworthy of your best effort simply because they are Gay, that "feeling" could be extended to every other group of American citizens.

When are you going to get it through your head that you can't force someone's "best effort" out of them. It's impossible. If you don't like the service and/or quality of products you're getting, take your business somewhere else. You liberals are absolutely fucking ridiculous with your entitlement bullshit.

I'm opposed to bigotry being passed off as religious freedom. First you don't serve gays because they're sinners. Then blacks because they have the mark of Cain, then Jews because they killed Jesus.

You can use religion to discriminate against anyone you don't like. It's false and it's vile. And it's against the law.

Liberals think they can hold a gun on someone and force him to invent a workable fusion generator. The only thing you can't get by using force is pure brute labor.

Forum List

Back