Russia and the US - pretty much the same place

There is a huge amount of anti gay feeling on this board as well. Its a question of degree but I think that somebody like, for example, Cruz would not be out of place in Russia.

On the gay issue he wouldn't be out of place, but he sure would be for freedom of speech or freedom of religion as Russia does not have that (or at least the government doesn't practice that).

I have been watching some documentaries on the state of modern Russia. I have also visited the country.

There seem to be growing similarities between the Russians and America

Corporations call the shots
Corrupt political system
Destructive imperialist foreign policy
Rise of anti gay activity
Racism
Sponsoring terrorism
Inequality

I am sure that there are more similarities.

I have travelled far and wide and Moscow is the only place on earth that I felt uncomfortable.

Would somebody just stick a muslim dick in this English idiot's piety-spewing mouth, please!? Your oh-so-precious muslims are guiltier of ALL these things. And as a culture of muslim rape enablers COWARDS, which puts people in jail for criticizing it, you English pigs have ZERO moral right to lecture any other country about anything. Empire-losing, whinging crybaby. You English are the coward scum of my race & gender, for enabling muslim atrocities against innocent girls that you do. Never have I seen two groups of American-hating cocksuckers who deserve each other more than English pigs and their muslim inbreds.

I have been watching some documentaries on the state of modern Russia. I have also visited the country.

Corrupt political system
Racism
Sponsoring terrorism
Inequality

I have travelled far and wide and Moscow is the only place on earth that I felt uncomfortable.

Would somebody just stick a muslim dick in this English idiot's piety-spewing mouth, please!? Your oh-so-precious muslims are guiltier of ALL these things. And as a culture of muslim rape enablers COWARDS, which puts people in jail for criticizing it, you English pigs have ZERO moral right to lecture any other country about anything. Empire-losing, whinging crybaby. You English are the coward scum of my race & gender, for enabling muslim atrocities against innocent girls that you do. Never have I seen two groups of American-hating cocksuckers who deserve each other more than English pigs and their muslim inbreds.

Sigh ! Which part of the OP does this relate to ?

Corrupt political system
Racism
Sponsoring terrorism
Inequality

That is quite a simplistic list and quite subjective from your point of view. I can name the number one thing that the U.S. has that Russia does not and that is the Bill of Rights. Hands down U.S. is not Russia in any meaningful way.
Not quite true.
There is a Russian Bill of Rights, of a sort.
Comparing the American and Russian Constitutions | Alaska Justice Forum

In name only. from the article you posted:

Moreover, Article 72 of the Russian constitution gives the federal government and the provincial/regional governments joint jurisdiction over many other governmental functions, including:

• “issues [concerning] the possession, use, and management of land, mineral resources, water, and other natural resources;”
  • “protection of the environment and ecological safety;”
  • “general questions of upbringing, education, science, culture, physical culture, and sports;”
  • “coordination of health issues, protection of the family, motherhood, fatherhood, and childhood, [and] social protection including social security;”
  • “administrative, . . . labor, family, housing, land, water, and forestry legislation;”....
There are many other differences as well and while the article claims Russians have the right to free speech, that is false because under article 72 if it is determined that speech is against the government (i.e. Putin) it most certainly is censored and not to mention the "disappearances" of those that have questioned Putin publicly.

They have rights, but many are in name only and are not actually protected when push comes to shove. Look at gay people there.
I think that is a key point. However I see virtually every Republican candidate is keen on oppressing the Gay community. There is a huge amount of anti gay feeling on this board as well. Its a question of degree but I think that somebody like, for example, Cruz would not be out of place in Russia.

Why are you worried about 2% (maybe) of the population?
Personally I didnt give a rats ass about homos....until they started throwing the shit in my face.
They are the architect of their own problems.

So. You've been watching documentaries and you visited Russia. Have you also been watching documentaries and visited America?
Yes, I have been to America several times and American culture is everywhere.
During the cold War the US was seen as the good guy because the USSR did not have a democratic system. They now have a version of democracy and the differences between the 2 super powers are difficult to see.
For what its worth I think most of us would prefer to live in the US than Russia, but mainly that you would both fuck off and stop interfering with the problems of the world.

So leave NATO.

Kick US troops out.

And tell the US navy to stop protecting your shipping or the sea lanes you depend on.

Otherwise, you're just an ungratefully brat.

Oh, any new rape rings?

Corrupt political system
Racism
Sponsoring terrorism
Inequality

Oh my! A new guy bringing his gay fantasies here. Welcome aboard!

Forum List

Back