🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

RUSSIA CLEARLY WANTS WAR with the USA!

That's a NATO country, former USSR satellite, former Warsaw Pact member had been under Russian occupation directly or indirectly from 1945 to round 1984. USSR army bloodily put down their 1956 revolution against communists. So, by no means can it be considered as an over friendly nation to Russia based on their first hand experience.
Perhaps you don't realize this, but I am well aware of the history of the region in which I live. I was merely pointing out that you were cherry picking while ignoring the content your own post and indeed an extract that you copied&pasted.

If you choose to believe that Russia is not widely viewed as an existential threat in this part of the world, I would only ask that you delve deeper into the history and current politics of the region.

"The reality is that, according to General Petr Pavel, chairman of the NATO Military Committee, there is no intelligence that suggests Russia is planning any broad-scale aggression whatsoever. [...]
Deployment of substantial military force is not being considered. It is not the aim of NATO to create a military barrier against broad-scale Russian aggression, because such aggression is not on the agenda and no intelligence assessment suggests such a thing." [...]
"Well that's quite a statement, because the actions of the US and NATO have completely contradicted that assessment. If Pavel is correct, and there is no actual intelligence that suggests any aggression is being planned by Russia, then either the US is trying to provoke the country into action on purpose..."
NATO General Admits Russia Is Not A Threat To The Region | Zero Hedge
Oh, FFS! My fault. I gave you too much credit. I should have known better. Chalk it up to the internet I guess.

Ciao
Take care....
th

This is from a former USSR satellite country's government:
"Hungary's foreign minister said on Tuesday he thought it "unrealistic" that Russia would attack any NATO member, a view that contrasts with some other NATO member countries in the region who see Moscow as a real threat."
NATO is a club whose leader is a Fascist. It's a bit like the Mafia. I am happy to see that Hungary's foreign minister spoke out. I don't think that many are brave enough to do that.

That's a NATO country, former USSR satellite, former Warsaw Pact member had been under Russian occupation directly or indirectly from 1945 to round 1984. USSR army bloodily put down their 1956 revolution against communists. So, by no means can it be considered as an over friendly nation to Russia based on their first hand experience.
Neither that nor the Prague Spring (ČS) were anti-Communist movements. They were pro-Communist reformists. So was Gorbatjov.

What business is it of the US's? Well about as much as it is Russia's I would guess.
No. ISIS is made up of Islamists on Russia's back porch. It is more of their business than the US.

... the US...... is supporting those who are fighting the Syrian regime and Russia, but not ISIS ..... .
"But not ISIS"? You might want to reconsider that statement.

Neither that nor the Prague Spring (ČS) were anti-Communist movements. They were pro-Communist reformists. So was Gorbatjov.
Sorry kid. That's pathetic. It was in fact hard-line communists who squashed Prauge Spring and kept the communists in power for another 20+ years against the people's will much like the revolt in Hungary 12 years earlier, and a popular revolt against communism which ultimately ousted Gorbachev.

Communism folded like a cheap suit when people were given a chance.

Perhaps you don't realize this, but I am well aware of the history of the region in which I live. I was merely pointing out that you were cherry picking while ignoring the content your own post and indeed an extract that you copied&pasted.

If you choose to believe that Russia is not widely viewed as an existential threat in this part of the world, I would only ask that you delve deeper into the history and current politics of the region.

"The reality is that, according to General Petr Pavel, chairman of the NATO Military Committee, there is no intelligence that suggests Russia is planning any broad-scale aggression whatsoever. [...]
Deployment of substantial military force is not being considered. It is not the aim of NATO to create a military barrier against broad-scale Russian aggression, because such aggression is not on the agenda and no intelligence assessment suggests such a thing." [...]
"Well that's quite a statement, because the actions of the US and NATO have completely contradicted that assessment. If Pavel is correct, and there is no actual intelligence that suggests any aggression is being planned by Russia, then either the US is trying to provoke the country into action on purpose..."
NATO General Admits Russia Is Not A Threat To The Region | Zero Hedge
Oh, FFS! My fault. I gave you too much credit. I should have known better. Chalk it up to the internet I guess.

Ciao
Take care....
th
Sounds like the looney left crowd.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants war.
Neither Americans nor Russians
It's just political propaganda :)
Don't count on it. The Russians are getting no resistance from the Americans. They are behaving as they did when they were Soviets. The latest is that they are thinking about reopening bases in Cuba and Vietnam. It was reported in THE TIMES on Saturday that Nikolai Pankov, Russia's deputy defense minister, told the Russian parliament that his ministry is "rethinking" the decision to withdraw its military presence from those two nations.

No, I don't agree with you. The US isn't pushing for war with Russia at all. The left don't particularly want war. Hence why in the last 8 years there has only been a start of minor wars for the US rather than than two big ones under Bush. Obama tried to pull back from the anti-Islam sentiment, he hasn't done much with Russia either.

The right might want more war, it seems to be their thing, however they've got the "War on Terror" and ISIS to keep the people in their place and spend more and more money on the military. They don't need Russia.

In Syria the US bombed some Syrian forces. The Russian decided they had to have revenge for this act which appeared to either be a mistake, or someone duped the US into it. The Russians then went and attacks aid workers, killing them. I mean, seriously.

Why is Russia aiding Assad? It would see that any guy the US hates, is a friend of Putin's, so he went in to piss the US off. He knew he could get away with it, playing with people's lives because he doesn't care.

I rather disagree, Russia , Iran and Syria are allies, everyone needs allies. Turkey wanted to by bypass Russia's natural gas, preferring Qatar, and Assad wont allow Qatar's gas line , and Israel wants to expand in Syria and get rid of Hezbollah and take down Iran. Israel already has farms and beef ranches in the Golan Heights, and also has been drilling for oil.

Yeah, they're allies. Why does Russia need Syria as an ally?

But that doesn't mean that there are only two sides. There are more. ISIS isn't with the US or Syria.
Why does Russia need Syria as an ally?
Who is anyone to question whom Russia is in alignment with? The two nations have historical ties and at the present the Assad government is the only thing preventing ISIS from building a salafist principality in Syria, which is very much a threat to Russia. And what business is it of the US who governs the sovereign state of Syria anyway?

I am someone to question Russia's motives. I'm a human being. Assad might be like Saddam was, a strong man who prevented such a thing. US foreign policy has been a mess for a long time, often creating enemies to give reason to make fear and spend heavily.

What business is it of the US's? Well about as much as it is Russia's I would guess. Yes, the US likes to interfere when their oil is threatened.
What business is it of the US's? Well about as much as it is Russia's I would guess.
Morally or ethically there is no equivalence between Russian and US actions in Syria. Russia clearly stands on the high ground, the US has no business there.

No, I don't think Russia or the US has any moral high ground at all. Russia has no business being there the same as the US. Both are their for their own agendas. The US is supporting one lot of people, Russia another lot of people. Just because Russia is supporting the official leader of the country (unelected and part of a brutal regime) doesn't make it have the higher moral ground in any way.

No. ISIS is made up of Islamists on Russia's back porch. It is more of their business than the US.

... the US...... is supporting those who are fighting the Syrian regime and Russia, but not ISIS ..... .

No I don't. The US is not supporting ISIS.

Unless of course you want to make the argument that it is so, then you are free to make such an argument.

Russia is not going to give up the navy base in Syria. If they have to go to nuclear war over it they will. Are the Democrats willing to go to nuclear war to put that base under isis control?

That's the very essence of the problems in Syria. Everything that has happened in Syria is our fault. The refugees are our fault. The slaughter of the Syrian Christians is our fault.

When isis started the revolt, Assad would have put,that rebellion down in a week. Nothing else would have happened. No refugees, no mass deaths. Isis would have lost. Instead obama gives them chemical weapons and gleefully watches isis kill Syrians in increasingly novel ways.

No I don't. The US is not supporting ISIS.

Unless of course you want to make the argument that it is so, then you are free to make such an argument.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881

http://www.globalresearch.ca/how-th...op-vs-billions-in-covert-military-aid/5409449

Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq | Seumas Milne

Germany In ‘Total Shock’ As Proof Emerges Of U.S. Support Of ISIS

Pentagon acknowledges US ground forces supporting ISIS fight in Libya

I'm pretty sure nobody wants war.
Neither Americans nor Russians
It's just political propaganda :)
Don't count on it. The Russians are getting no resistance from the Americans. They are behaving as they did when they were Soviets. The latest is that they are thinking about reopening bases in Cuba and Vietnam. It was reported in THE TIMES on Saturday that Nikolai Pankov, Russia's deputy defense minister, told the Russian parliament that his ministry is "rethinking" the decision to withdraw its military presence from those two nations.

Yes. esthermoon, it starts from propaganda, but what we can do now? Soviet leaders were wise, they knew, US would not stay Russia at rest without opposite aggression. Russia stopped any aggression acts from 1991 till now - and how it helped? Only to losing Warshaw treat countries, a lot of own territories - Baltic, Georgia, Ukraine... And when Russia only says "stop to cut another pieces from us!" - it means "The Russians are getting no resistance from the Americans... we must to organize humanitarian bomb strike for them"...

Forum List

Back