Russia revives May Day festivities

Los Angeles is a depressing place to live. I hope there's an earthquake and it splits off from the continent.

Four days?

Cinco de Mayo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It originated with Mexican-American communities in the American West as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War.

You have confused your days. May Day is still May 1. Cinco De Mayo is still May 5. May Day has parades. Cinco De Mayo has crowded Mexican bars.

I wasn't in LA today. Were they carrying Mexican flags, or Red flags?

Usually they carry American flags then leave them in the gutter.

On St Patrick's Day everybody is Irish and has a great time. During Cinco de Mayo, everyone can be Mexican and have a great time. I mean, what's the difference? Really?

Neither one might last for long. The newest exhibition of racism is appropriation Racism. Celebrating St. Patricks Day or Cinco De Mayo is appropriating another culture and therefore racist.

On St Patrick's Day everybody is Irish and has a great time. During Cinco de Mayo, everyone can be Mexican and have a great time. I mean, what's the difference? Really?

Neither one might last for long. The newest exhibition of racism is appropriation Racism. Celebrating St. Patricks Day or Cinco De Mayo is appropriating another culture and therefore racist.

:lol: Now that was funny! :lol:

Irish people are White they don't have a culture.

Whites don't exist, Irish don't exist. They are a social construct.

We seem to have lost the concept of patriotism. When we see it in Russia it's distasteful.

Check list;

Beer: yup

Hot women; yup

Loud music; yup

Cabbage/Bean farts; yup

Unintelligible foreign accent; yup

No snakes; yup

Cold wet weather; oops

Mostly the same.

WOW! You guys are still defending Putin. I haven't seen such a love fest since Sarah Palin stole your hearts. You realize that makes you all look pretty silly, right?

It's really remarkable that Russia celebrating May Day is somehow bad while the US celebrating May Day, mostly by Mexicans is somehow good.

Just how many non white Russians do you think there are?

Forum List

Back