"Russian" Crimea bans Halloween!

PK1

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
Sergei Aksyonov, the leader of Crimea, has forbidden schools on the Russian-annexed peninsula from celebrating Halloween and urged residents to avoid the “disgusting mask show” that seeks to “undermine Russian values”.

Mr Aksyonov portrayed the holiday as a Western conspiracy in comments to Russian media on Wednesday, saying the promotion of “the dark traditions of Halloween are aimed at undermining spiritual and moral values traditional for Russia”, RIA Novosti reported.

PRICELESS ... crap!
What an assault on individual freedom. Typical of Putin and his repressive Russian nationalists.

Some city in Conn. banned H'ween too. Is there a connection? Actually it ain't about H'ween it's about tradition. Progressives in Russia and the U.S. and everywhere else are out to stamp out every tradition we know including H'ween, Christmas., Columbus day, 4th of July and any other holiday they didn't invent.

Sergei Aksyonov, the leader of Crimea, has forbidden schools on the Russian-annexed peninsula from celebrating Halloween and urged residents to avoid the “disgusting mask show” that seeks to “undermine Russian values”.

Mr Aksyonov portrayed the holiday as a Western conspiracy in comments to Russian media on Wednesday, saying the promotion of “the dark traditions of Halloween are aimed at undermining spiritual and moral values traditional for Russia”, RIA Novosti reported.

PRICELESS ... crap!
What an assault on individual freedom. Typical of Putin and his repressive Russian nationalists.

Makes sense. Guess where Crimeans kids would choose for their masks?

Pussy_Riot_-_Denis_Bochkarev_6-2-300x200.jpg

Pussy Riot. :)

Some city in Conn. banned H'ween too. Is there a connection? Actually it ain't about H'ween it's about tradition. Progressives in Russia and the U.S. and everywhere else are out to stamp out every tradition we know including H'ween, Christmas., Columbus day, 4th of July and any other holiday they didn't invent.

---
I would not call them "Progressives".
They are reflective of repressives.

Personally, I don't support Columbus Day, but I don't repress others who want to celebrate it. I celebrate Native Americans, and free thoughts and speech.

Isn't the President of Ukraine the candy baron too? Must be lots of smuggled candy coming into Crimea right now. Feeding Russian welfare money over to Ukraine. The Tushunka from Ukraine is ten time better than that Russian crap too.

Isn't the President of Ukraine the candy baron too? Must be lots of smuggled candy coming into Crimea right now. Feeding Russian welfare money over to Ukraine. The Tushunka from Ukraine is ten time better than that Russian crap too.

Cool...............so lets go buy around 10 grand worth of candy and smuggle it into Russia. I'm pretty sure we could make a good profit, especially if we ship in Halloween wrapped Reeses that look like pumpkins.

I don't know any "progressives" who don't love dressin' up and gettin' they groov on during Samhain/ Halloween. Progs tend to respect it as the badass holiday(s) it is. It's radical conservative christians who are most likely to start trippin' out over what they perceive to be "the devil's holiday" lmao

---
I've never tried their тушёнка, from either Russia or Ukraine. Is the Uki version better than spam?
Would Crimean households give out тушёнка instead of candy, if Halloween was not banned?
:)

You do know that this is a US forum, if you want to post about Russia do it in the proper forum.

---
Sorry, i kinda forgot. Maybe this thread belongs in the "general" Global forum, since Russia or Ukraine don't have their own.
On the other hand, the topic is about Halloween "politics"!
Did this festivity originate in the US?
I actually don't know its history ... yet.

You do know that this is a US forum, if you want to post about Russia do it in the proper forum.

---
Sorry, i kinda forgot. Maybe this thread belongs in the "general" Global forum, since Russia or Ukraine don't have their own.
On the other hand, the topic is about Halloween "politics"!
Did this festivity originate in the US?
I actually don't know its history ... yet.

Don't know, haven't thought much about Halloween since I was 10.

---
I've never tried their тушёнка, from either Russia or Ukraine. Is the Uki version better than spam?
Would Crimean households give out тушёнка instead of candy, if Halloween was not banned?
:)
Spam is spam and doesn't compare to the Tushunka. Spam is a like a solid chunk of ham. We judge the quality of Tushunka by the gelatin content. We prefer little gelatin content and mix it with mashed potato or macaroni. I don't think anyone gives out candy in Ukraine or Russia for Halloween except at a private party or club that is trying to imitate the way the holiday is celebrated in west. It would be odd to give away a can of meat and gravy.
My wife just told me the brands she buys are probably mislabeled and made in Brooklyn.

Last edited:

PRICELESS ... crap!
Totally agree, He made all right. In other countries people don't violate their own tradtions, i mean don't celebrate the day of robbery or the day of pedophilia or the day of prostitution. So russians don't want to celebrate the day of darkness.

PRICELESS ... crap!
Blatant propaganda of monkeys. It is not forbidden to put a pumpkin somewhere on the Crimea.

PRICELESS ... crap!
Blatant propaganda of monkeys. It is not forbidden to put a pumpkin somewhere on the Crimea.
The official leader of Crimea has forbidden celebrating a holiday in schools. That is not propaganda, it is fact. No mention is made of displaying a pumpkin and he urged residents to adhere to Russian culture instead of Crimean culture. Interesting that the citizens of Crimea need to be instructed on the state's interpretation of proper "Russian" culture.

PRICELESS ... crap!
The official leader of Crimea has forbidden celebrating a holiday in schools. That is not propaganda, it is fact. No mention is made of displaying a pumpkin and he urged residents to adhere to Russian culture instead of Crimean culture. Interesting that the citizens of Crimea need to be instructed on the state's interpretation of proper "Russian" culture.
We also never celebrated Halloween in school. If someone would have taken a rotten pumpkin with him, he would probably have been ordered to give it to the garbage.

While Halloween is increasingly popular in Germany, it is nevertheless a poor imitation of the St. Martin´s Day.
St. Martin's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

PRICELESS ... crap!
We also never celebrated Halloween in school. If someone would have taken a rotten pumpkin with him, he would probably have been ordered to give it to the garbage.

While Halloween is increasingly popular in Germany, it is nevertheless a poor imitation of the St. Martin´s Day.

---
The "propaganda of monkeys" leader is here!
What's wrong with citizens enjoying some fun, based on old cultural traditions (Gaelic/Welsh & Christian) from European regions?

I understand Halloween celebrated/celebrates the time of year that goes from mostly sunlight to mostly "dark", and religious folks want to give respect toward the dead "souls", which are more likely to visit us during darker times, supposedly.
So, trick-or-treating is a way of giving respect to those dressed as "dead souls".

No big deal, methinks.

PRICELESS ... crap!

---
What's wrong with citizens enjoying some fun, based on old cultural traditions (Gaelic/Welsh & Christian) from European regions?

I understand Halloween celebrated/celebrates the time of year that goes from mostly sunlight to mostly "dark", and religious folks want to give respect toward the dead "souls", which are more likely to visit us during darker times, supposedly.
So, trick-or-treating is a way of giving respect to those dressed as "dead souls".

No big deal, methinks.
Probably this holiday is related to the oldest celebration on earth, the celebration of the ending of the harvest season and preparation or food for the coming winter season. The foods that would sustain life during the harshest season of the year were in the final stages of being prepared and stockpiled.
In America, there are multiple celebrations thanks to the diversity of our culture. Octoberfest is a big and popular celebration recognized in many parts of the country. Halloween is another, but our biggest is our very own version of the harvest fest we call Thanksgiving.

PRICELESS ... crap!

---

No big deal, methinks.
Don´t you have to ask al-Qaeda if you may celebrate Halloween in the first place? Moreover, did I say that is something wrong with Halloween? Who got hit by too many barrelpumpkins.

Forum List

Back